Pre-Game Penrith V Manly [Round 14, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

32 22
Bluebet Stadium
09 Jun 2024 04:05 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Penrith V Manly [Round 14, 2024]

MATCH DAY

Sunday 09 June 2024

Venue:
.... BlueBet Stadium, Penrith, NSW

Gates Open:.... 1:30pm.

NRL Kick Off Time:.... Penrith Panthers v Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles: 4:05pm

TICKETING

VS

Click here

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles

01. Lehi Hopoate
02. Jason Saab
03. Tolutau Koula
04. Reuben Garrick
05. Tommy Talau
06. Luke Brooks
07. Daly Cherry-Evans (C)

08. Taniela Paseka
09. Karl Lawton
10. Josh Aloiai
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Ben Trbojevic
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Gordon Chan Kum Tong
15. Corey Waddell
16. Toafofoa Sipley
17. Nathan Brown

Replacement:

19. Raymond Tuaimalo Vaega.

Reserves:

Out:

18. Ethan Bullemor
20. Jaxson Paulo
21. Jamie Humphreys
22. Ben Condon
23. Jake Simpkin.

Available But Not Selected:
  • Aaron Schoupp
  • Brad Parker
  • Aitasi James
  • Aaron Woods - Development Player
  • Bailey Hodgson - Development Player.

From the Manly Sea Eagles website, here is the ' Rd 14 Sea Eagles Injury Report' released on Tuesday 04 June 2024:

Lachlan Croker continues to improve from an associated neck injury from the original concussion.

Tom Trbojevic continues to build strength and progress his rehab running on field following a hamstring injury.

Matthew Lodge remains in a brace following his bicep surgery. He is expected to return to play 12 weeks post surgery.

Jake Arthur suffered a stress fracture in his left foot in the NSW Cup. He will be unavailable to play this week. A return to play date is yet to be determined.

Dean Matterson sustained a foot sprain in the NSW Cup and is expected to miss a couple of weeks.

From the 'NRL Casualty Ward - All the Latest Injury News, Updates & Returns Details' web page, Here is the Latest NRL Injured or Unavailable Update:

* * * (Updated: Saturday, 08 June 2024) * * *

Manly Sea Eagles

• Tolutau Koula (Shoulder, Round 14)
  • Lachlan Croker (Neck, TBC)
  • Jake Arthur (Foot, TBC)
  • Tom Trbojevic (Hamstring, Round 18)
  • Matt Lodge (Bicep, Round 24)

Also, from the NRL Casualty Ward, Manly hub page, there are slight variations to the information regarding the unavailable or injured players and their return periods:
  • Tom Trbojevic (Hamstring, Round 18)
  • Matt Lodge (Bicep, Round 24)
  • Jake Arthur (Foot, TBC)
  • Lachlan Croker (Concussion, TBC)
  • Tolutau Koula (Shoulder, TBC)

Last edited:

Tragic Eagle

Tragic
Premium Member
Tipping Member
We need to get a roll on if we are going to be a chance at a top 8 finish and we need to start our run now. We blew games including the Raiders and the Dolphins which would have us right up there. We need to win the next two and with the next bye would put us back in the hunt. Loose them both and we may not even make the top 8.

Eagle 1

First Grader
We need to get a roll on if we are going to be a chance at a top 8 finish and we need to start our run now. We blew games including the Raiders and the Dolphins which would have us right up there. We need to win the next two and with the next bye would put us back in the hunt. Loose them both and we may not even make the top 8.
Agree, but it's been a fluid comp lot's of upsets so far this season. Think this has been the most open comp for a long time. Also, but in the Broncs game, we butchered that game as well.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
Will depend on who pulls up from origin. They have To'o , Luai , Yeo , Martin , no Edwards , no Cleary possibly no Leota. Barring an injury DCE and Jake will backup. Olakau'atu won't get more than 20 - 30 mins. Real big chance here to show up and prove they have what it takes BUT we all know that this bi polar team can serve up a sh*t platter as well.

Eagle 1

First Grader
Will depend on who pulls up from origin. They have To'o , Luai , Yeo , Martin , no Edwards , no Cleary possibly no Leota. Barring an injury DCE and Jake will backup. Olakau'atu won't get more than 20 - 30 mins. Real big chance here to show up and prove they have what it takes BUT we all know that this bi polar team can serve up a sh*t platter as well.
4 day turnaround, bit like an NRL game when you play on a sunday then next game is a Thursday. Trouble is it's a Brutal SOO game, it'll be hard to back up.

TimmyQ

Bencher
I've had a look at our draw over the next half dozen games or so and it's not too bad considering. We're not going top 4 but still a reasonable chance of finishing top 8. My expectation of our team isn't high atm so just gaining a bit more finals exposure won't hurt for our future. Apologies for not being more enthusiastic/optimistic :p Hopefully our next few efforts change my demeanour. Go Manly

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
My farts are more brutal than SOO these days.
Take it easy feathered friend
Excessive gas is a fire hazard
1717400558189.png

SeaEagleSI1

Reserve Grader
1.Lehi Hopoate
2.Jason Saab
3.Tolutau Koula
4.Tommy Talau
5.Reuben Garrick
6.Luke Brooks
7.DCE/Jake Arthur
8.Taniela Paseka
9.Lachlan Croker/Karl Lawton
10.Josh Aloiai
11.Haumole Olakauatu/Corey Waddell
12.Ben Trbojevic
13.Jake Trbojevic/Nathan Brown

14.GCKT
15.Nathan Brown/Karl Lawton
16.Corey Waddell
17.Toafofoa Sipley

Go Manly 🦅

Sheikheagle

First Grader
Tipping Member
1.Lehi Hopoate
2.Jason Saab
3.Tolutau Koula
4.Tommy Talau
5.Reuben Garrick
6.Luke Brooks
7.DCE/Jake Arthur
8.Taniela Paseka
9.Lachlan Croker/Karl Lawton
10.Josh Aloiai
11.Haumole Olakauatu/Corey Waddell
12.Ben Trbojevic
13.Jake Trbojevic/Nathan Brown

14.GCKT
15.Nathan Brown/Karl Lawton
16.Corey Waddell
17.Toafofoa Sipley

Go Manly 🦅

Can’t disagree with any of that. But don’t be surprised if simpkins gets a run this week in place of Gordy.

Eagle 1

First Grader
I find it funny that many on here wanted Koula to replace Turbo at fullback. Now, after one decent game all of a sudden Lehi is replacing Koula.
Plenty will disagree, but I'd rest Lehi for this game, Riff will be hurling themselves at us after the Saints game and in front of there fans, it'll be a
seething cauldron. Save him for our next home game, why rush him.

eaglebuzz

Bencher
Predicted Team

1. Koula
2. Saab
3. Talau
4. Garrick
5. Vaega
6. Brooks
7. Arthur (or DCE)
8. Paseka
9. Lawton
10. Aloiai
11. Mole
12. Burbo
13. Brown (or Jake)
14. Simpkin
15. Bullemor
16. Waddell
17. Sipley (or Brown)
I can't see Vaega getting picked ahead of Hopoate, but we will see.

Ryan

Journey Man
Panthers have a LOT of players out. I'm going to agree with @eaglebuzz , in hoping that Hoppa gets picked in front of Vaega. I hope the boys backup.

01. Lehi Hopoate
02. Jason Saab
03. Tolu Koula
04. Reuben Garrick
05. Tommy Talau
06. Luke Brooks
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Josh Aloiai
09. Jake Simpson
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Ben Trbojevic
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Karl Lawton
15. Toff Sipley
16. Nathan Brown
17. Ethan Bullemor

Honestly, as strange as this sounds, on paper that's a team that could roll the Panthers.

The Who

Journey Man
Penrith has Eisenhuth and Garner returning from injury this round which will bolster their hopes. In recent years Penrith has rested its SOO players, but the club is a lot more vulnerable this season so Ivan may not be so cocky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16