Penn To Try Bring Finals Back To Brookie

• Thread starter Deleted member 26876
  • Start date
  • We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
What right does the NRL have to tell me that Brookie is not up to standard? I'm the one who decides if I'll pay to go along and watch a match. I'll decide if it's too uncomfortable; too crowded or hasn't got enough facilities. It's my money, so get stuffed NRL.
Brookie, Leichhardt, Penrith and Shark Park are the best grounds to watch rugby league - and they are packed whenever matches are played there, providing unmatched atmosphere and, I dare say, a far better spectacle for TV than 1/4 full stadia.
Brookie used to be able to hold 27,000 spectators. But so called 'improvements' to it has reduced the capacity to less than 20,000. How is this logical?
I'll add North Sydney Oval to the list of great ground for RL, even rugby union, where 20,000+ watched Warringah win the comp.
These jerks from the NRL have no idea what RL fans want.
You are 100% right

Re: TW's post - the 'reduction' in ground capacity at Brookvale has at least as much to with safety guidelines (on the Hill) as any ground improvements.

The ground record (27,655) was set in 1986 when both the western and southern stands were in place and with individual seating installed. Apologies if I'm telling you to suck eggs here.:)

Since then only the addition of individual seating in front of the western concourse, the corporate boxes in the F-M Stand, the Arko Stand (original1995 configuration and 2010 re-jig) and extension of the JT northward, along with more corporate/media boxes along the back of the original Stand, has seen the capacity change at all in actual terms.

And not by the difference between the attendance record and the notional 23,000 capacity of a few years back. Or whatever they're claiming it is now.

Yes, you are right about the changes to the Hill. It has been lowered and they now put barriers in for, allegedly, safety reasons. It's a miracle I survived on the Hill in that 27,000-plus crowd, and a couple of others around 26,000.

We need to upgrade the ****hole. Sorry to say it but its worn out and old. Needs a major redevelopment before we should even be talking about hosting the game at brookie. I reckon keep the north and north east hill and build or redevelope the stands

We need to upgrade the ****hole. Sorry to say it but its worn out and old. Needs a major redevelopment before we should even be talking about hosting the game at brookie. I reckon keep the north and north east hill and build or redevelope the stands
It doesn't matter what condition it's in. Personally I love it the way it is however, at the end of the day we finished in a position that grants us a home final. Our home ground is Brookvale (or lottoland..) yet for some ridiculous, unfair reason we play at Allianz?

But if the NRL keep holding all finals at allianz, fans will just give in an go.... right?

I bet those whinging about not playing at Brookvale this yr were the same people laughing at Cronulla last yr for not getting a home final

I bet those whinging about not playing at Brookvale this yr were the same people laughing at Cronulla last yr for not getting a home final

Actually the impression I get from most posters is that every team is deserved of a home final. Its that one area of the game where I see little bias, however there are still some salties out there. You earn your right, you should play at home.

https://silvertails.net/threads/nrl-finals-at-home-ground.49884/

I reckon every side who finishes in a position the warrants you a home final, should get nothing but a home final. Why should it be any different? Both us and Cronulla should've played at our home grounds fullstop. I understand this season is now over, but I just hope in future years we'll get to play finals at our home ground

Exactly. The same question could be asked during regular competition rounds. Hey manly got 16k today they could fit more in at allianz so home games should be moved.

Dont be fooled, the only reason allianz is the host is because NRL takes the finals profits and they are guaranteed a bigger margin from a allianz or ANZ than a suburban ground.

Its the money, not the crowd.

I have had a couple of cans so stick with me but.....

Is it a case of the NRL trying to be something that it is not? Trying to compete with the AFL and their central grounds policy etc. NRL will never get massive crowds...they are better off at smaller contained venues where there is some actual atmosphere

I have had a couple of cans so stick with me but.....

Is it a case of the NRL trying to be something that it is not? Trying to compete with the AFL and their central grounds policy etc. NRL will never get massive crowds...they are better off at smaller contained venues where there is some actual atmosphere

It sounds like a guy I knew who would always sprout "If you wanna be the ceo of a big company....then act like you're a ceo of a big company."

But that just led to him spending crap loads of money (like he was on a ceo's salary) and doing little work.

The nrl see those huge filled american football stadiums and want the same but without working on grassroots footy, ticket prices, eliminating officials mistakes, etc.

Seriously a waste of a conversation. Didn't we go through this 10 -15 years ago whereby the NRL wanted the stadium to have the finals for the Sydney teams, not suburban grounds.

Brookie getting a final ever again is never going to happen.

Further comment is that the NRL like fairytail finishes - Newcastle beating us 17 sec to go, South's winning their first premiership within a generation of supporters, Cronulla winning their first ever. The league is also a National game so therefore the cheaters from south need to be successful (don't know about giving Smith a medal on the weekend, a stake in the back of the head would have been my option - the only reason he played so many games is that they only play half a game with the lying in the tackle or telling the refs what to do); and those Qld's need to win so they keep the TV audience up.
Everyone hates Manly, and a successful Manly is not good for income streams for the NRL. I understand that there was a document floating around a few years go that says that the year after every Manly GF win the next season revenue was down something like 6 or 7 % and crowds were down nationally by around 10%. That's why the NRL hate us and will never assist us or even be fair. That is why we will never get a 50 -50 situation. They want us to fail.
Seriously a waste of a conversation. Didn't we go through this 10 -15 years ago whereby the NRL wanted the stadium to have the finals for the Sydney teams, not suburban grounds.

Brookie getting a final ever again is never going to happen.

Further comment is that the NRL like fairytail finishes - Newcastle beating us 17 sec to go, South's winning their first premiership within a generation of supporters, Cronulla winning their first ever. The league is also a National game so therefore the cheaters from south need to be successful (don't know about giving Smith a medal on the weekend, a stake in the back of the head would have been my option - the only reason he played so many games is that they only play half a game with the lying in the tackle or telling the refs what to do); and those Qld's need to win so they keep the TV audience up.
Everyone hates Manly, and a successful Manly is not good for income streams for the NRL. I understand that there was a document floating around a few years go that says that the year after every Manly GF win the next season revenue was down something like 6 or 7 % and crowds were down nationally by around 10%. That's why the NRL hate us and will never assist us or even be fair. That is why we will never get a 50 -50 situation. They want us to fail.
Exactly why we need to get someone like Toovey in as CEO of the NRL or running the commission so that we be treated again like when Arko was in charge

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11