Penn To Try Bring Finals Back To Brookie

• Thread starter Deleted member 26876
  • Start date
  • We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yep this is Penn.....................too f***ing little too f***ing late!
We have had this before years ago and had home finals moved away from Brookie.

Also this tells you all you need to know about the Penns...........

Its always about the f***ing money!!!
No mention about the lost opportunity for the club, the fans and players to contest for a premiership..........just about how it will hurt HIS pockets!!!

F***ing C***!

That did little to placate Manly. The Penn family has a 66 per cent stake in the Sea Eagles and the chairman says their exit from the finals will hurt the club's bottom line significantly. Given the circumstances, it is hard for them to swallow.

"This is a billion-dollar game," Penn said. "There has to be consistency across the game. The NFL has no room for error. If [a decision] ever gets referred they always make the right decision.

"You're talking hundreds of thousands of dollars [in lost revenue]. You're talking merchandise, prize money, sponsor bonuses, additional member interest. It has a huge impact.
poster can have a day off to think about the meaning of 'classy in defeat'

Last edited by a moderator:
Pleased see Penn is concerned about taking games away from Brookie. Let's hope he doesn't take games to Suncorp, NZ and Perth next year.
Penn really wants all home games played away and all semi finals played at Lottoland as it would be more profitable

The horse has kind of bolted I think!!! We will never get a home final while Brooky is so inept. The decision to grant the following clubs home finals, Drizzle, Donkeys, Cowpokes, Titans, Raiders, Warriors, Knights, Rorters, Vermin, Filth Dogs and the whingers home finals, while the Tigpies can't use Campbelltown or Leichhardt, the Riff can't use their stadium and we can't use Brooky and the Sharks can't use Endeavour or the Dragqueens cant use Wollongong or Kogarah shows once again that Sydney gets discriminated against and the out of town teams benefit.

This week it was Manly and Cronulla who were denied a home final having earned that right. It really is a joke now.

irrespective of whether Penn is chasing the dollars or not I for one want to walk to a home final at Brookie that we rightly earned rather than make have to make that ****house trip across the bridge again...

I understand your feelings about the Penns and the money on offer if the club was able to host a final. I think it is important to recognize that without the money the owners invest into our club we would not have a club point blank!! and we would be owned by the NRL most likely.

What we need to get from the newly elected local council is a swift resolution about whether they are going to allow the rebuild of Brooky to proceed? or not? This has to be resolved once and for all. The ground needs an urgent upgrade and it needs to be put to bed pronto![/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Gee, he is the one actually tipping big money in and we whinge at him?
Spot on Darren. I get very disappointed with the constant vitriol directed at Penn. He has tipped in $$millions. He's not perfect and there is some criticism around the Leagues Club, but if it was such a great deal to Penn then the Club could and should have gone to Auction for the highest bidder.

When the criticisers are tipping in millions themselves then I will take some notice of what they have to say, until then I will continue to support the Club, It's owners and it's sponsors.

I read reports where it was pretty consistent that the crowd was dominated by manly fans

Why raise the matter after the finals start?
We've known about this for several years. The way to lobby against it is to meet with all Sydney clubs affected and form a block - before the season starts.
Sense must prevail. If it's obvious that a match such as the two played at ANZ will not be blockbusters then that game reverts to the home team's venue.
I'm sure Channel Nein originally pushed the NRL to have Sydney finals at Alliance so they could set up their cameras etc and leave them there without having to move them.
Fairness is not a word considered by the NRL. Bias starts from the draw, to the scheduling, to refs and vidiots, to rulings about salary cap dispensation etc, and then to home ground advantage.
Coaches have now joined fans in calling for change. When you compare crowds in Sydney between RL and AFL surely this is obvious, even to the NRL.

I don't mind a team owner blowing up trying to get something better for Manly fans. Especially when he is right. sic 'em Scott!

Whilst you're there....get em to finalise the witch hunt into us so we can get on with things. We all know we're innocent.

Seriously a waste of a conversation. Didn't we go through this 10 -15 years ago whereby the NRL wanted the stadium to have the finals for the Sydney teams, not suburban grounds.

Brookie getting a final ever again is never going to happen.

Further comment is that the NRL like fairytail finishes - Newcastle beating us 17 sec to go, South's winning their first premiership within a generation of supporters, Cronulla winning their first ever. The league is also a National game so therefore the cheaters from south need to be successful (don't know about giving Smith a medal on the weekend, a stake in the back of the head would have been my option - the only reason he played so many games is that they only play half a game with the lying in the tackle or telling the refs what to do); and those Qld's need to win so they keep the TV audience up.
Everyone hates Manly, and a successful Manly is not good for income streams for the NRL. I understand that there was a document floating around a few years go that says that the year after every Manly GF win the next season revenue was down something like 6 or 7 % and crowds were down nationally by around 10%. That's why the NRL hate us and will never assist us or even be fair. That is why we will never get a 50 -50 situation. They want us to fail.

He'd have more credibility if he didn't take home games away from Brookvale.And when finals matches were played at Brookvale,Im pretty sure any money garnered from it,went back to the NRL anyway.Happy to stand corrected on that if proven wrong

What right does the NRL have to tell me that Brookie is not up to standard? I'm the one who decides if I'll pay to go along and watch a match. I'll decide if it's too uncomfortable; too crowded or hasn't got enough facilities. It's my money, so get stuffed NRL.
Brookie, Leichhardt, Penrith and Shark Park are the best grounds to watch rugby league - and they are packed whenever matches are played there, providing unmatched atmosphere and, I dare say, a far better spectacle for TV than 1/4 full stadia.
Brookie used to be able to hold 27,000 spectators. But so called 'improvements' to it has reduced the capacity to less than 20,000. How is this logical?
I'll add North Sydney Oval to the list of great ground for RL, even rugby union, where 20,000+ watched Warringah win the comp.
These jerks from the NRL have no idea what RL fans want.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2