Penalised for playing the ball?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Fittler just said on Nine that it was all DCE's fault looking for the easy option. Fuuck me.

And I though coke speed you up, not slowed time down.

What was the actual penalty for though. Should have been play on. Milking isn't in the rule books is it? Pathetic

I actually had a look at it again today on the NRL site and I'm still perplexed as to what is was for and it seem the NRL statistician is too - in the play by play descriptions the penalty is described as..."other".
WTF?
Even the FOX telecast didn't put up a description like they normally do when there's a penalty.

I didn't like the Latrell 10 in the bin. DCE was touched by Latrell but dived. So long as they are consistent on it but we all know they won't be.

But on the play the ball penalty, why is the referee allowed to call a player a cheat and question their integrity? We all know what happens when a player questions the refs integrity.
Jake got sin binned for a touch on Gagai during the 2019 semi final against the Rabbitohs. Commentators didn’t say a word that the player took a dive yet DCE gets lambasted for the same thing. Had Jake not been penalised we’d have beaten the Rabbits!!!

Yes, they mentioned that the ref was talking to Cherry from the moment the niggle started in the tackle - the push and shove was with Cody Walker, I think - and telling him to get on with it and play the ball. Cherry was pissed that he wasn't getting the penalty he wanted so he figured he'd have another go at getting one. Instead, he got penalised, and rightly so. He was taking the piss.

That doesn't mean Sutton isn't a joke of a ref, by the way. Just in that particular case Cherry was a dick and got pinged for it.
The rules state that a player in possession of the ball is entitled to have a clear ruck in order for a clean play the ball. It’s the defenders responsibility to clear the ruck ASAP. DCE was entitled to step over him & play the ball....penalty Manly. Sutton was wrong & no one can tell me he wasn’t! Fvck him & his brother! Both cheats!

Fittler just said on Nine that it was all DCE's fault looking for the easy option. Fuuck me.

And I though coke speed you up, not slowed time down.
Fittler was an overrated player, is an overrated coach & is dumb as fvck! I bet my balls if it was a Rooster player he’d have backed him 100% & bagged the referee!

Pretty much agree with most of whats been stated, but I can kind of understand how it went against us, Cherry can over play it sometime and he had already taken a dive, then tested sutton, he’d had enough and called it the way he did, I’m manly through and through and can piss and moan about some boarder line calls. Going purely on the rule it was a bad call, but i Kind of seen it how Fitler did, right or wrong, DCE was playing for it and messed it up, Sutton knew it, we all knew it and it backfired, right call? Don’t know, probably don’t think so, but can see how it went the way it did and don’t really blame the ref, dopey should just have taken the option to get on with the game instead of chase the penalty, blind Freddy can see what he was up to And yep if it was a rooster Freddy would of called it the other way round no doubt, anyway we need to move on, I’m not a fan of players chasing stupid penalties, by all means earn us one when possible but the milking call has been around for a while now and let’s face it milking is a blight on the game, there’s quite a few serial offenders to and the game would be better without it.

Pretty much agree with most of whats been stated, but I can kind of understand how it went against us, Cherry can over play it sometime and he had already taken a dive, then tested sutton, he’d had enough and called it the way he did, I’m manly through and through and can piss and moan about some boarder line calls. Going purely on the rule it was a bad call, but i Kind of seen it how Fitler did, right or wrong, DCE was playing for it and messed it up, Sutton knew it, we all knew it and it backfired, right call? Don’t know, probably don’t think so, but can see how it went the way it did and don’t really blame the ref, dopey should just have taken the option to get on with the game instead of chase the penalty, blind Freddy can see what he was up to And yep if it was a rooster Freddy would of called it the other way round no doubt, anyway we need to move on, I’m not a fan of players chasing stupid penalties, by all means earn us one when possible but the milking call has been around for a while now and let’s face it milking is a blight on the game, there’s quite a few serial offenders to and the game would be better without it.
True that but no one has been penalised for milking as far as I can recall, especially when the’ve got the ball.
If they penalise players for milking going forward then all good but there’s that word again...consistency.
Chez might have overplayed it but it doesn’t mean he should get penalised for it.

It was a **** call but DCE cannot afford to get on the bad side of refs like that, milking only works if you're sly enough and he overplayed his hand

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12