Paul Kent on the NRL's hypocrisy [Videos]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hmm i dunno. This goes against popular feeling, but i think Buzz has an okay view on a lot of things, however he is a hell of a lot more biased & hate driven than Kent. Thats where his sometimes strange viewpoints are generated. That and from the booze infecting his brain too much in recent years (i suspect).

Never been a fan of Kent.
I must confess - have warmed to his honourable up front approach more recently.
Almost the kid amongst bullies who speaks up and says what they know is right - but don’t have the guts to say.
Most of these media ppl including Ex players seem to be more about winning the popularity contest - Kent in recent times is making the big calls, giving him far more integrity than I thought he had....hope he keeps up the good work.

Kent has come out and said in the media what everybody knows, the NRL will bend over backwards to help some teams, other teams they'll just bend over. Maybe Greenberg can announce the premiership winners at the start of the season and save everybody a lot of grief. Well done Kent for having the guts to say it in public though.

Kent is a hundred percent correct, this shady deal stinks!! This is under Greenturds watch, this club that he has moved heaven and earth for so that they might be successful and there are other clubs out there struggling to retain players and he does NOTHING!!

The issue as Kent points out is the market value of a player and how he goes from a 1.2 million player to a 500 K player obviously topped up by third-party payments is corrupt.

I hope this is the beginning of the end of Greenturd, he should swing for this!!

Did anyone honestly think Greenturd would lift the standard at the NRL ?? Look at his track record at the Dogs before he smarmed his way into the top job. Don't you remember how clear and transparent his handling of the Ryan Tandy and Ben Barba affairs were ??

I would honestly not care about Hayne (as there is a 99% chance he will **** them over some way or somehow) if we didn’t get dicked over with Gifty but as there is a precedent there it should be adhered too.

Also he had the 1M option IN HIS FAVOUR. That cannot be ignored in determining his value because that is his value. He had a valid enforceable contract for that amount therefore that is what he is worth.

Buzz was also a complete idiot talking about Hayne playing NFL for 100k. That was practice squad money. Once he was promoted to the active roster where you have to be to actually play they have a minimum pay and it’s not 100k.

Saying Hayne doesn’t do stuff for money is utter bull****. He’s a mercenary who jumps whenever a situation gets too hard. Why else did he go to the Gold Coast in the first place???

These comments are certainly getting some air time on Twitter BUT Greenslime will gave his head up his arse anyway so they are at the end of the day , meaningless.

Do we honestly believe the NRL would allow this to happen if it was Manly?

We know the answer to that because they showed their true colours when Manly tried to register Gift's contract for 350K. Knocked back because he was a former SOO and international. Mind you, it was about 5 years since he'd last represented.

Hayne on the other hand goes from 1.2 million and takes a 700K bath to go back to the Worms. How the NRL can look anyone in the face without bursting into fits of laughter and claim that all is above board beggars belief.

I never thought I'd ever start to lose interest in rugby league. I drive around proudly with my Manly plates and wear my jerseys everywhere. But lately, I can't cop being taken for a mug. I might not be good looking but I'm definitely not stupid.

Buzz was also a complete idiot talking about Hayne playing NFL for 100k. That was practice squad money. Once he was promoted to the active roster where you have to be to actually play they have a minimum pay and it’s not 100k.

Saying Hayne doesn’t do stuff for money is utter bull****. He’s a mercenary who jumps whenever a situation gets too hard. Why else did he go to the Gold Coast in the first place???

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8