Paul Kent in trouble again

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
As much as they were both pissed and aggressive it's a sad indictment on society today that no-one took charge and defused the situation.
Not only that, they decide to film it and then upload it.
WTF are Security doing these days?
I think it was out the front of a restaurant
There would be no security

We often head down to the nearby Reddy Bay pub with mates and it amazes me to see the young ones slurping up $12 schooners & rums , and their ladies imbibing $20 cocktails ( like there’s no tomorrow).

We all hear about cost of living pressures but not from what I see as I reckon a night out there wouldn’t see much change from $300 per person.
Can they cut those trees down so we can have a view of the bay FFS

Geez I seen girls have better fights. Seriously at least a dozen.

Cant believe it made the Sunday Nation News on TV.

As for the reaction of most on here, weird indeed, not that I have read much of it. Once I read "I haven't watched an episode since "Ferris Ashton, PK and Col Pearce had a dig a Manly over....." or whatever the case may be I stop. You seem to have a lot of interest in someone you have no interest in.

I am not sure who the other party is but there was one particular "hero" videoing himself verballing Paul Kent in a hotel or similar and posting it on X a while back. Pretty rough stuff.

Maybe its the same pest, maybe he has good reason, maybe he is just a random dickhead.

No matter what I don't understand why Fox would stand down Paul Kent. Sack him or Back him.

As for Paul Kent I dont understand why he would ever put himself in that situation. He might be 100% the innocent party here but poor judgement on his part has yet again threatened to end his career. A job he obviously loves and a job I think he is really good at, footy and boxing.

Anyway its a storm in a tea cup. Surely no one will be charged.

Geez I seen girls have better fights. Seriously at least a dozen.

Cant believe it made the Sunday Nation News on TV.

As for the reaction of most on here, weird indeed, not that I have read much of it. Once I read "I haven't watched an episode since "Ferris Ashton, PK and Col Pearce had a dig a Manly over....." or whatever the case may be I stop. You seem to have a lot of interest in someone you have no interest in.

I am not sure who the other party is but there was one particular "hero" videoing himself verballing Paul Kent in a hotel or similar and posting it on X a while back. Pretty rough stuff.

Maybe its the same pest, maybe he has good reason, maybe he is just a random dickhead.

No matter what I don't understand why Fox would stand down Paul Kent. Sack him or Back him.

As for Paul Kent I dont understand why he would ever put himself in that situation. He might be 100% the innocent party here but poor judgement on his part has yet again threatened to end his career. A job he obviously loves and a job I think he is really good at, footy and boxing.

Anyway its a storm in a tea cup. Surely no one will be charged.
You're entitled to your opinion but I think it's pretty obvious why it's not a storm in a tea cup. If you had a massive corporate business on a national, dare I say global stage, and one of your employees was filmed behaving in such an obnoxious and anit-social manner, would you turn a blind eye? Or would you think it's not good for business? If a rat in a downtown restaurant can cause a stir, you can bet drunken thuggery is getting the attention of Fox and its viewers.

You're entitled to your opinion but I think it's pretty obvious why it's not a storm in a tea cup. If you had a massive corporate business on a national, dare I say global stage, and one of your employees was filmed behaving in such an obnoxious and anit-social manner, would you turn a blind eye? Or would you think it's not good for business? If a rat in a downtown restaurant can cause a stir, you can bet drunken thuggery is getting the attention of Fox and its viewers.

Yeah i see your point but the NRL is such a small part of Fox. NRL360 an even smaller part, I'd guess it would be lucky to hit 100K viewers a night.

I just cant see any charges being laid over this nonsense. Whether he gets punted or not will depend on how much pull he has in sports department at Fox.

Be interesting to watch it play out.

Whether he gets punted or not will depend on how much pull he has in sports department at Fox.

Be interesting to watch it play out.
Yeah, at this point it's hard to know if he still has any value to News Corp, either as a "journalist" or TV talking head. If he does, I'm sure we'll see him reinstated after some half-arsed apology/admission of a drinking problem/a little hearse driving/a quick stint in rehab.

But you'd think he'd have to be on thin ice.

Yeah, at this point it's hard to know if he still has any value to News Corp, either as a "journalist" or TV talking head. If he does, I'm sure we'll see him reinstated after some half-arsed apology/admission of a drinking problem/a little hearse driving/a quick stint in rehab.

But you'd think he'd have to be on thin ice.

Dont forget he has a clean slate and if not charged he wont be sacked. Maybe paid out if they want him gone.

Paul Kent's resting face is a window to his soul.
At least Elvis and Billy Idol sneered on purpose.
Paul Kent's sneer is an involuntary reflection of his thoughts.
I've never liked him.
He's one of those journalists that think they are more important than the stories they are reporting.

In May 2022, Kent left his position from radio station Triple M after he claimed to have a differing view to an on air incident with fellow presenter Anthony Maroon. Kent was asked to apologise over the incident in which Kent along with James Hooper bullied Maroon live on air. Kent refused to apologise to the station which resulted in him handing in his resignation.[7] He later wrote an opinion piece on the incident in which he said, "We live in a world of snowflakes, sadly.”

Anyone who knows Anthony Maroon will know he is a very nice person, extremely knowledgeable and very good company.

Introducing a side topic, can we start a petition to remove Paul Gallen from the media.
He thinks he can compete with the intellect of Phil Gould.
At least when Joey, Freddy and Billy talk, they're telling you something you didn't know.
Gallen annoys and irritates me, so does Alannah Ferguson.
They're both affiliated with "The Shire"
What I call "THE SHIYA" because that's the way they talk there.
Shannon Noll is from the Condobolin Shire.
I'm from the Manly-Warringah Shire.
There's more than one Shire.

I choose not to watch or listen to Paul Kent for many reasons.
Unfortunately, Gallen and Ferguson are on sports shows I need to watch.
There should be a warning alert when Gallen or Ferguson are coming on to talk.

From the SMH:

Paul Kent stood down from Fox, Daily Telegraph pending street fight investigation​

Josefine Ganko

By Josefine Ganko

April 28, 2024 — 9.27am

Rugby league journalist Paul Kent has been stood down from his roles at the Daily Telegraph and Fox Sports after a video posted to social media on Sunday morning showed him in a street fight outside a restaurant in Sydney’s inner west.

A statement from a spokesperson speaking on behalf of both organisations said Kent “had been stood down pending an immediate investigation”.
Paul Kent appeared in social media videos of a street fight in Rozelle.

Paul Kent appeared in social media videos of a street fight in Rozelle.CREDIT: X/@86DIB
Kent was cleared of domestic violence chargesagainst his ex-partner in December last year.

In the video posted to X, the senior writer for The Daily Telegraph and host of Fox Sports show NRL 360 can be seen on the street outside Totti’s Rozelle, engaging in an argument with another man before the fight turns physical.

Kent appears to take his watch off before approaching a man. The two men then begin trading punches.

The sparring sends Kent and the man onto the street, with Kent at one point going head-first into the gutter during the scuffle.

It’s not clear what the dispute was over, but Kent can allegedly be heard calling a man a “dog” and a “doghead” during the initial argument.
NSW Police confirmed they did not respond to the incident, and were unaware of the video before this masthead contacted the media unit with questions on Sunday morning.

Kent returned to his NRL 360 hosting gig in March after a nine-month absence while he awaited trial on the domestic violence charges.

Kent was accused of attacking his then 33-year-old ex-partner at his home in Lilyfield on May 12 last year, but was found not guilty of common assault, intentionally choking a person without consent and assault occasioning actual bodily harm.

After a two-day hearing in December, magistrate Daniel Reiss said he could not rely on the complainant’s version of events over Kent’s.

The woman claimed Kent threw her to the ground after she took his phone off his home office desk, and put his hands around her throat, leaving her with injuries to her neck, arms and hand.

Delivering his judgment, Reiss said the medical evidence provided concluded “no such injuries have been found on the neck” and photographs of her arms were inconclusive.

RELATED ARTICLE​

Sports journalist Paul Kent leaving court after being cleared of domestic violence charges.

Courts

Kent ‘vindicated’ after being cleared of domestic violence charges

In regards to the physical “wrestle”, Reiss said it was a case of “one word against another” and he was not satisfied beyond reasonable doubt that the alleged assaults occurred.

Outside court in December, Kent told reporters the case had been costly and “a big setback”, and had “caused significant reputational damage”.

“I’ve been vindicated today. The judge accepted what happened,” he said.
Kent was contacted for comment.
Thanks for posting Tezz @Terry Zarsoff
No self control from the out of control PK

I don’t believe that they have security guards at Tottis in Rozelle, it really isn’t that kind of pub, only ever seen people out enjoying something to eat and drink there. It is right in the middle of houses and doesn’t seem to attract the drunk dickhead element
Any 'pub' on a Saturday night in Sydney would have a duty of care to its patrons to have security staff working. @BOZO would know more about this. The hospitality industry is just as bureaucratic and litigious as the rest of the world.

You might find a couple of country pubs in really small towns without a seccy on the door but I dare say there's a publican with a priest behind the counter who you would swap for some 25 year old with an ear piece, chewing gum in a clip on tie if things kick off.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10