Paul Green has passed away

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Terrible news

We will watch Paul Kent and co next week saying what a great bloke he is etc, but then they will continue to pile on night after night to certain individuals in the game until they break them

Perhaps a few posters on here could look in the mirror about some of the carry on and personal comments directed at the players, especially DCE who cops the worst of it on here, and think if the way they go about things is actually worthwhile

Terrible news

We will watch Paul Kent and co next week saying what a great bloke he is etc, but then they will continue to pile on night after night to certain individuals in the game until they break them

Perhaps a few posters on here could look in the mirror about some of the carry on and personal comments directed at the players, especially DCE who cops the worst of it on here, and think if the way they go about things is actually worthwhile
They’re all tough hiding behind their silvertails profile in their basement mate. No hopers those select few.

Very sad about Greeny, and who knows what was the tipping point for him. But he still had way too much to offer in the game.

This is really sad news. My thoughts are with the Green family and friends who are dealing with emotions nobody should have to deal with. This will haunt them for a lifetime thinking if it was something they did or said. What could they have done differently. Im shattered just thinking about how his kids will deal with it.

Sadly our club was entrusted with putting this issue in the spot light two weeks ago. Gotcha For Life is a great organisation whose simple goal is to reduce suicide levels to zero. What should have been a chance to champion such a worthy cause was turned it into a circus and the opportunity lost.

Last edited:
Terrible news

100%

I watch Kent etc tear coaches and players apart, holding them to higher standards than all but saints and angels could reach.

****s need to do better

I've just learned this news after being away on a trip. Can honestly say I have tears in my eyes learning this. Just goes to show we never know how troubled someone is or what's really going on behind the scenes. He achieved the pinnacle as a young coach. Just too sad. Rip Paul.

Sadly our club was entrusted with putting this issue in the spot light two weeks ago. Gotcha For Life is a great organisation whose simple goal is to reduce suicide levels to zero. What should have been a chance to champion such a worthy cause was turned it into a circus and the opportunity lost.
I thought the same initially. To the point I contacted Gus to offer my apologies as I have seen how hard he and his organisation work. But he was upbeat. Firstly because young gay males were 5 times the chance of taking their life. Also the huge amount of publicity it had received because of the Rainbow jersey. And lastly the financial input was enormous.

Here’s a piece on Greeny, Gus, and Gotcha4Life.
Heres a sobering thought. It’s just after 6am here. By tomorrow at the same time 9 people will have taken there lives. It can’t continue.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/n...m/news-story/a41894308e658ed418755dbd60befffd

I couldn't agree more Bozo.....it's a Massive reality check when ppl you know who seem perfectly healthy and in good mind, can be taken away in a blink and the pressures of depression seem to be having a terrible effect on body and mind.
A company I was working for in 93/94 sponsored some Cronulla players & I had the very good fortune to attend a sponsors dinner. I always remember sitting next to this polite & well mannered young man who was then a new 'up & comer' named Paul Green. Just the nicest fellow you would meet in a month of Sunday's. How very tragic for him to suffer so invisibly, & for his family to be now left with the devastation of his loss & the wonder of what they never saw. RIP Paul Green. Hopefully ANYONE suffering this scourge finds the courage to reach out. As much as you don't feel like talking, I promise you will be amazed at the difference taking that challenging step will make. Don't let silence be your voice.

^ The biggest blight of Social media.
People think everyone needs to be force fed all their personal opinions on F everything.

Last edited:
100%

I watch Kent etc tear coaches and players apart, holding them to higher standards than all but saints and angels could reach.

****s need to do better
I see coaches,players and fans tear apart referee blunders like it is the end of the world along with player mistakes and performances in a much more worse way than what Kenty has ever delivered.

A post-mortem following the death of Paul Green has revealed the former NRL player and coach suffered from one of most “severe forms” of pure Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy (CTE) a neuropathologist professor had ever seen.

‘Daddy’s brain was sick’: Paul Green’s wife Amanda reveals truth behind death that rocked NRL

Professor Buckland said Green had “an organic brain disease which robbed him of his decision-making and impulse control”

“The only known cause for the organic brain disease is exposure to repetitive head impacts.

A post-mortem following the death of Paul Green has revealed the former NRL player and coach suffered from one of most “severe forms” of pure Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy (CTE) a neuropathologist professor had ever seen.

‘Daddy’s brain was sick’: Paul Green’s wife Amanda reveals truth behind death that rocked NRL

Professor Buckland said Green had “an organic brain disease which robbed him of his decision-making and impulse control”

“The only known cause for the organic brain disease is exposure to repetitive head impacts.
Extremely tragic.
And does not bode well for the future of contact sport.

Extremely tragic.
And does not bode well for the future of contact sport.
Lots of mothers will be withdrawing their sons from rugby league and union next year when they read this

Have to think ex players like Toovey and hasler might have some form of brain damage as well

Ex NRL players would be advised to get brain scans done as it is only a matter of time before a class action is arranged

Yeah agree. At some stage our great game will be changed to a form of oztag.

Modern society won’t allow these sports that injure peoples brains to continue.
I do not think we need to go as far as oztag

Very Long suspensions for players head hunting with intend or no intent

and more scrutiny with duty of care and maybe brain scans at the end of each season to monitor any damage

Lots of mothers will be withdrawing their sons from rugby league and union next year when they read this
Our Legendary Manky premiership winning forward Peter Peters played in the most brutal era and in the most brutal grand final game of all time where there were high head shots elbows and knees to the head through out the game and I have had the pleasure to speak to Peter on our recent Golden Eagles function and Peter is as sharp as any one can be

Peters Peters getting a brutal head high in front of the ref and there was no send offs
The game kept on going and so too the head high shots

See the source image

Ex NRL players would be advised to get brain scans done as it is only a matter of time before a class action is arranged
My understanding is that, unfortunately, a diagnosis of CTE can only be made post mortem.

The problem is (from what I understand) is that CTE can't be diagnosed until post-mortem, & any potential brain scans are reliant on current technology, which (again) I believe can't detect longterm concussive damage,.

Our Legendary Manky premiership winning forward Peter Peters played in the most brutal era and in the most brutal grand final game of all time where there were high head shots elbows and knees to the head through out the game and I have had the pleasure to speak to Peter on our recent Golden Eagles function and Peter is as sharp as any one can be

Peters Peters getting a brutal head high in front of the ref and there was no send offs
The game kept on going and so too the head high shots

See the source image
Yeah the game kept going then because nobody knew what we know now, as we know more and more, no doubt there will be tougher changes to rules and protocols on head issues, this is really just the begining, but I think it will be a long time yet before it got to oztag level safety.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8