Paul 'Give yourself an uppercut' Kent

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
^^^THAT was AWESOME!

Thank you for posting that @HappilyManly.

That's exactly what it's all about and there would be multiple examples similar to the Brown family, across the rep teams.

Very special for so many people.

And yeah, I believe Milford put his hand up for QLD and Australia... Which is his right.

I have a lot of respect for guys that stand by their heritage that may be tougher, and a less lucrative path to follow.

We need teams like Samoa and Fiji etc., if only to give so many kids something to dream of and aim for!

MAL Meninga says tug of war star Anthony Milford should be allowed to play for Queensland, Australia and his country of heritage Samoa when the games arise.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/queensland-coach-mal-meninga-says-let-anthony-milford-play-for-queensland-australia-and-samoa/story-fndujljl-1226902462034

Well it is queenslands official eligibility policy! Everywhere is in qld.

mozgrame said:
RiverEagle said:
StuBoot said:
Lord Eagleton said:
Ive got no problem with what he said. He clarified it on NRL 360. It was more to do with quality NRL club games stopping and making way for a lower standard 'rep' game with few NRL standard players participating. Thats what he was referring to when he said he couldnt care less about it. And frankly, im with him on it. Just because News pay his salary doesnt mean he always needs to be ripped in to

Yep, he made the point that there's only 11 players out of the 34 that played NRL last week and the rest are NSW Cup standard or lower.
The scheduling seems to be the issue with most critics.
They stop the NRL comp but have a mishmash of "rep" games instead. Even the U20's match has been lessened by clubs pulling players out.
The NRL need to look at this.
If they insist on having the "rep round" then they need to make the clubs toe the line.

Whoever pays Kent isn't a problem to me. I sometimes even agree with him too.

He also said in the same breath he likes the City v Country game because ''he's a Country boy...''

Many question the validity of that game too, but those that support it on parochial grounds should accept the same, even GREATER pride guys feel playing for their country. And the healthy rivalry would also exist with the Islander nations.

Growing the game globally is also important.

As for the bye rep round, I'm OK with it; as are plenty of players and clubs right now, I suspect.
For Manly alone imagine if we had to play the Scum this week...No Cherry, Foz, Killer,Gifty Horhay, Hiku, Buhrer...possibly Choc etc etc.

Even if Cherry, Peta, Horhay and Ferris etc were able to back up we'd be seriously compromised.

I know Melbourne would have players like Smith,Cronk, Slater, Harris,Bromwich etc potentially missing too, but that doesn't make it a more even game...It just needlessly robs the fans of a genuine NRL contest.

A week off now gives a lot of guys a little breather, pays due respect to the rep games and doesn't penalise players and clubs for rep selection, AND gives the fans the best possible contests on every level.

It is definitely an honour to represent your country for these guys. It's a massive thing for them!

Brookie said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
I think Milford pulled out of Samoa so that he can play under 20s NSW

QLD!

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/anthony-milford-to-play-for-queensland-under20s-and-bypass-samoa-20140426-zqzv7.html

yes you wrote he pulled out of Samoa so that he can play under 20s NSW, he's eligible for QUEENSLAND!!!

Brookie said:
mozgrame said:
RiverEagle said:
StuBoot said:
Lord Eagleton said:
Ive got no problem with what he said. He clarified it on NRL 360. It was more to do with quality NRL club games stopping and making way for a lower standard 'rep' game with few NRL standard players participating. Thats what he was referring to when he said he couldnt care less about it. And frankly, im with him on it. Just because News pay his salary doesnt mean he always needs to be ripped in to

Yep, he made the point that there's only 11 players out of the 34 that played NRL last week and the rest are NSW Cup standard or lower.
The scheduling seems to be the issue with most critics.
They stop the NRL comp but have a mishmash of "rep" games instead. Even the U20's match has been lessened by clubs pulling players out.
The NRL need to look at this.
If they insist on having the "rep round" then they need to make the clubs toe the line.

Whoever pays Kent isn't a problem to me. I sometimes even agree with him too.

He also said in the same breath he likes the City v Country game because ''he's a Country boy...''

Many question the validity of that game too, but those that support it on parochial grounds should accept the same, even GREATER pride guys feel playing for their country. And the healthy rivalry would also exist with the Islander nations.

Growing the game globally is also important.

As for the bye rep round, I'm OK with it; as are plenty of players and clubs right now, I suspect.
For Manly alone imagine if we had to play the Scum this week...No Cherry, Foz, Killer,Gifty Horhay, Hiku, Buhrer...possibly Choc etc etc.

Even if Cherry, Peta, Horhay and Ferris etc were able to back up we'd be seriously compromised.

I know Melbourne would have players like Smith,Cronk, Slater, Harris,Bromwich etc potentially missing too, but that doesn't make it a more even game...It just needlessly robs the fans of a genuine NRL contest.

A week off now gives a lot of guys a little breather, pays due respect to the rep games and doesn't penalise players and clubs for rep selection, AND gives the fans the best possible contests on every level.

It is definitely an honour to represent your country for these guys. It's a massive thing for them!

Brookie said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
I think Milford pulled out of Samoa so that he can play under 20s NSW

QLD!

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/anthony-milford-to-play-for-queensland-under20s-and-bypass-samoa-20140426-zqzv7.html

yes you wrote he pulled out of Samoa so that he can play under 20s NSW, he's eligible for QUEENSLAND!!!

I didn't write that. SER8 wrote that. I posted a link that says he is eligible for QUEENSLAND!!! Milford that is. NSW can keep SER8! lol

The game is doing well internationally just idiots like kent dont realise. as a country and leading one at that we need to show int footy respect.
Here are some facts kent would not know game now played over 40 countries.
League is now played ghana, siera leone, kenya.
The game continues to grow in usa, wales, ireland, the pacific islands and all through europe.
France is the codes best chance to compete at top tier test footy. they have catalans in sl, from all reports toulouse will play in restructed uk system next season. they have great junior national teams. they have 2 of best young players in sl in escare and pelissier.

Paul is a member of the media who reports on Rugby League. As such he is in a highly visible public position and his words are listened to be a large number of the Rugby League audience and administrators.

As such Paul has a responsibility to be acting on behalf of the improvement and development of the game. Rugby league is small business world wide and if we are to increase the market effectively into other countries, the game must be seen in its best light. But instead he seems to continuously put the game down and take a purely parochial perspective, which does nothing to enhance the game's reputation.

Samoa, Fiji and Tonga are nations not yet taking on Rugby League as a national sport. Most of the players from those nations are ex pats to Australia and NZ. So if we are to encourage those nations to take a greater interest in the game, we MUST allow them to see their players in the best light playing the game, and certainly the nation vs nation concept, though primarily teams filled with ex pats, gives those nations a sense of involvement and pride. The same apples to New Guinea where the game is played seriously. They must be encouraged. And not only these island states but other nations with growing Rugby League comps'

Playing high profile matches between representatives of those nations is imperative to the health and welfare of the game. Some of the journos reporting on League need a serious boot up the proverbial and understand where their meal ticket comes from. If not, they should go and report on something else and leave Rugby league to those who love the game, and arent there just as an ego promotion. In reality when they say stupid things like Paul says, they are not representing the interests of the game, are full of their own perceived self importance, and should be given the bullet or given a royal serve by the public in their e-mails.

Couple of pages in today's paper by this Paul Kent which started out as an attack on Jorge.

I didn't read it all because the first few paragraphs were absolute dribble, attacking Jorges opinion.

The only reason anyone would write such an article is to cover their personal fears that comments made might actually be true.

How an editor let this go to print is beyond me.

Agreed, uppercuts required to journo and editor.

I come to forums to gauge opinions. Not papers.

Kent (and the like) think that we need to buy papers to get League opinions, ahead of a genuine stories that tell themselves. Let's not kid ourselves...Kent, Bourbon, Weedler and Buzz are not reporters or journos; they are only in the business of spreading rumour and gossip to generate click bait.

They and their like provide no benefit to League and are best ignored.

Simple fact, if Jorge wants to enter the world of opinion and post on social media that a public fiqure is a racist then he has to expect that he will be challenged.

Would be well advised to shut up and do what he is good at and gets paid for ..playing footie.

My question is how is he going to have a job when players start to refuse to speak to him.

Guarantee fallout on this poly player's should refuse to speak to him and there other race team mates should follow suit

By the way. Great to see the New Guinea Hunters are doing well in the Queensland Cup. They are coming fifth on 11 points,out of 13 teams and only 3 points behind the leaders. They lost their last game only by four points. Great to see the game expanding.

2 points.
1. Kent, DUI Becky, Weirdler, Rothtool and the like aren't serious journalists they are rumour mongers and s..t stirrers. Best to ignore them all.
2. Does the NRL actually run the game in Australia or does QLD. How about they tell QLD to propogate the game like NSW does and force these assclowns to play a Qld city country game as well. It s..ts me no end when the question is asked and their response is "no we don't have to waste our time doing that". WAKE UP it's not all about THEM. Get this "we don't need to be told" attitude out of your selfish heads and do something for the good of the game and for Qld country rather than the self centered Bris/Bronco attitude. make them play the damn game, make them play it in country Qld and give something back to the supporters outside of Bri****ville.

Bearfax said:
By the way. Great to see the New Guinea Hunters are doing well in the Queensland Cup. They are coming fifth on 11 points,out of 13 teams and only 3 points behind the leaders. They lost their last game only by four points. Great to see the game expanding.

Have heard Fiji are watching how well they go with a look to join either the Qld comp or NSW comp

Alan said:
Simple fact, if Jorge wants to enter the world of opinion and post on social media that a public fiqure is a racist then he has to expect that he will be challenged.

Would be well advised to shut up and do what he is good at and gets paid for ..playing footie.

Exactly - throwing around the race card is ludicrous in this instance :cool:

Kent has the right to dismiss this game or in fact any other, its merely his opinion. He didn't dismiss the Kiwi v Roos game, also filled with Islander Players, just questioned these schedulings.

eagles2win said:
Bearfax said:

Have heard Fiji are watching how well they go with a look to join either the Qld comp or NSW comp

Great to hear. Fiji has a love affair with Union and 7s. Got to break that domination. There's almost a million potential supporters and players sitting in that nation. And they seem naturally suited to the Rugby League style of football.

Yep this is the guy who gets on his high horse about players not making themselves available to the media and promoting the game.

Wonder why?

bob dylan said:
Couple of pages in today's paper by this Paul Kent which started out as an attack on Jorge.

I didn't read it all because the first few paragraphs were absolute dribble, attacking Jorges opinion.

The only reason anyone would write such an article is to cover their personal fears that comments made might actually be true.

How an editor let this go to print is beyond me.

Agreed, uppercuts required to journo and editor.
I think personally attacking Jorge in his article is an extremely low blow from Kent. Maybe young footy players should think before they tweet but Kent is supposed to be a professional. What a tosser.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6