Paul 'Give yourself an uppercut' Kent

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyArmy

Bencher
Anyone hear what he said today.

Saying that he couldn't care less about the Fiji v Samoa game on the weekend, basically pointing out that it's a waste of time. Has outraged a lot of people over on Twitter, especially the likes of Joey G, Jorge, Chee-Kam, Ligi Sao, and other Manly players and non-Manly players. Even the Warriors went after him on their own official account.

Disgraceful, no need for it. A lot of the players love playing for their respective countries.

Hopefully he shows his face on Saturday out there at Penrith so they can rip him a new one.

I don't think you need to play the race card. I'm all for thinking Kent is a bit of a jerk over this, but I don't think its race related.

He just doesn't see the value in the game and I can see why. A fair portion of the population won't give a hoot about the game! Outside of league tragics and people with backgrounds from those countries. He likens it to people who don't care about Rugby League want to watch origin. A lot of league supporters won't care about the results of this game, and equally as sad, the test match on friday night. This will be evidenced by the TV ratings and tickets sold at the match.

I agree with the Gordon Tallis, in that the people involved in the game, media, fans, commentators need to promote these things instead of talking them down.

ManlyArmy said:
Anyone hear what he said today.

Saying that he couldn't care less about the Fiji v Tonga game on the weekend, basically pointing out that it's a waste of time. Has outraged a lot of people over on Twitter, especially the likes of Joey G, Jorge, Chee-Kam, Ligi Sao, and other Manly players and non-Manly players. Even the Warriors went after him on their own official account.

Disgraceful, no need for it. A lot of the players love playing for their respective countries.

Hopefully he shows his face on Saturday out there at Penrith so they can rip him a new one.

Took the racist bit out. To be honest I'm more excited for Fiji v Samoa than Aus v NZ. More even contest, and probably more exciting footy played. If i didn't have a wedding on, I'd be heading out there.

Kent was not racist but again it shows the depths that News filth employees will go to get a headline.

The game last year was a huge success between Samoa and Tonga and this weekend will be big too.

As a resident of Greater Western Sydney, I can vouch for the fact that this game attracts plenty of local interest and also there is the junior SOO game to see.

News have too much power in the game!!

I am actually looking forward to this game. I think it will be very entertaining.

The players will love this match. I know must don't like rep games, but think what it means to the players to play for their country. Even the City/Country was be proud of their selection.

Paul Kent is just a noob.

Sooner or later a fool will always out himself and as fair as I try to be, Kent always eventually puts his foot down his throat.

Absolutely disrespectful and short-sighted.

As others have said it may even be a better contest than Aus v NZ too.

Ive got no problem with what he said. He clarified it on NRL 360. It was more to do with quality NRL club games stopping and making way for a lower standard 'rep' game with few NRL standard players participating. Thats what he was referring to when he said he couldnt care less about it. And frankly, im with him on it. Just because News pay his salary doesnt mean he always needs to be ripped in to

Lord Eagleton said:
Ive got no problem with what he said. He clarified it on NRL 360. It was more to do with quality NRL club games stopping and making way for a lower standard 'rep' game with few NRL standard players participating. Thats what he was referring to when he said he couldnt care less about it. And frankly, im with him on it. Just because News pay his salary doesnt mean he always needs to be ripped in to

Yep, he made the point that there's only 11 players out of the 34 that played NRL last week and the rest are NSW Cup standard or lower.
The scheduling seems to be the issue with most critics.
They stop the NRL comp but have a mishmash of "rep" games instead. Even the U20's match has been lessened by clubs pulling players out.
The NRL need to look at this.
If they insist on having the "rep round" then they need to make the clubs toe the line.

He needs to give himself one for this line on BSB,
"Yeah, great initiative by the NRL. Guaranteeing Alex McKinnon a job whilst ever he is walking around"
Appreciate the sentiment Paul, but poor choice of words..

This game has more relevance than the City V Country match, where players are pulling out regularly. How many players have pulled out of Fiji V Samoa?

Lord Eagleton said:

I agree with him.

The Who said:
How many players have pulled out of Fiji V Samoa?

I think Milford pulled out of Samoa so that he can play under 20s NSW

If the NRL really wants to support the international game then why not help organise for these pacific Island clashes to be played in their own countries?

There would be a siginificant $ cost no doubt, but imagine the interest in Fiji or Samoa to have their NRL players coming back to represent their country on home soil.

StuBoot said:
Lord Eagleton said:

Yep, he made the point that there's only 11 players out of the 34 that played NRL last week and the rest are NSW Cup standard or lower.
They stop the NRL comp but have a mishmash of "rep" games instead. Even the U20's match has been lessened by clubs pulling players out.
If they insist on having the "rep round" then they need to make the clubs toe the line.

Whoever pays Kent isn't a problem to me. I sometimes even agree with him too.

He also said in the same breath he likes the City v Country game because ''he's a Country boy...''

Many question the validity of that game too, but those that support it on parochial grounds should accept the same, even GREATER pride guys feel playing for their country. And the healthy rivalry would also exist with the Islander nations.

Growing the game globally is also important.

As for the bye rep round, I'm OK with it; as are plenty of players and clubs right now, I suspect.
For Manly alone imagine if we had to play the Scum this week...No Cherry, Foz, Killer,Gifty Horhay, Hiku, Buhrer...possibly Choc etc etc.

Even if Cherry, Peta, Horhay and Ferris etc were able to back up we'd be seriously compromised.

I know Melbourne would have players like Smith,Cronk, Slater, Harris,Bromwich etc potentially missing too, but that doesn't make it a more even game...It just needlessly robs the fans of a genuine NRL contest.

A week off now gives a lot of guys a little breather, pays due respect to the rep games and doesn't penalise players and clubs for rep selection, AND gives the fans the best possible contests on every level.

We all at times sometimes do things that don't earn us money or maybe we even make a donation of money, time or labour. I got no problem with the NRL taking a week off to give some rep games time in the spotlight.

League has a rep scene that the AFL would kill to have and build up. Instead everyone it seems especially a lot in NRL club land and most of the NRL media want to trash talk league's rep scene down to the point of killing it off. Then the NRL media would complain the season is too boring.

RiverEagle said:
StuBoot said:
Lord Eagleton said:

Whoever pays Kent isn't a problem to me. I sometimes even agree with him too.

He also said in the same breath he likes the City v Country game because ''he's a Country boy...''

Many question the validity of that game too, but those that support it on parochial grounds should accept the same, even GREATER pride guys feel playing for their country. And the healthy rivalry would also exist with the Islander nations.

Growing the game globally is also important.

As for the bye rep round, I'm OK with it; as are plenty of players and clubs right now, I suspect.
For Manly alone imagine if we had to play the Scum this week...No Cherry, Foz, Killer,Gifty Horhay, Hiku, Buhrer...possibly Choc etc etc.

Even if Cherry, Peta, Horhay and Ferris etc were able to back up we'd be seriously compromised.

I know Melbourne would have players like Smith,Cronk, Slater, Harris,Bromwich etc potentially missing too, but that doesn't make it a more even game...It just needlessly robs the fans of a genuine NRL contest.

A week off now gives a lot of guys a little breather, pays due respect to the rep games and doesn't penalise players and clubs for rep selection, AND gives the fans the best possible contests on every level.

It is definitely an honour to represent your country for these guys. It's a massive thing for them!

Brookie said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
I think Milford pulled out of Samoa so that he can play under 20s NSW

QLD!

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/anthony-milford-to-play-for-queensland-under20s-and-bypass-samoa-20140426-zqzv7.html

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/im-playing-halfback-samoa/

This epitomizes why it matters to the fringe Players and their Families :angel:

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8