Pathetic Crowd

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
Just back from Brookie - 12K crowd, seriously tonight might be the start of the end of our home ground.

What the excuse for not turning up tonight

The Wheel link said:
Just back from Brookie - 12K crowd, seriously tonight might be the start of the end of our home ground.

Those that were there I was proud of.  Those that weren't shouldn't be surprised when games are moved away from Brookvale.

The Wheel link said:

It was pathetic, how many more reasons can you need to get out and support your side ? We have a very passionate base but outside of that most of the followers are pea hearted imo

Why so surprised, you read the forum, many Manly fans gave us no chance. And sadly many Manly fans obviously only go when they are confident of victory?

just quietly .. melbourne don't bring any supporters with them, so the away support was non-existent. The 530 timeslot is hard for people with babies and toddlers (my excuse)

Have to agree you could have counted the number of storm supporters on one hand

Saturday Night especially 5:30pm is a horrible time for a lot of people myself included---just too busy but i also hate night games in general the quality is generally not there.
I would have thought 13,500-14,300 so it was a little low but if you factor in the following it really was a no brainer that the crowd would not be up as much as expected.

1)Late season early Saturday night games for teams that are inconsistent will not draw as much as early season games in the same time slot with a small roll of good performances.

2)Big Union game on tv has a major bearing on Manly crowds with the high interest of Union in the local area plus the highest uptake of cable tv in Australia. On cold nights unless Manly are killing most teams supporters will stay at home---the more intellectual your supporter base the less fanatical you are to go and watch a game if conditions are not to your liking especially when the facilities are not up to par.

3)Melbourne have nothing to play for--if both teams were top 4 different story but one team struggling to stay in the eight and Melbourne inconsistent it really is not as big a game as its been advertised---yes the recent history of both clubs should help a little but only if both teams have something to play for and are high up in the eight.

4)Melbourne only has a small following in NSW and basically zero with nothing to play for this year.

Its really simple Manly is a Sunday afternoon crowd full stop for most people--- i know 80% of the games i attend are Sunday games and when Manly are doing exceptionally well then Night games will hold up well also.

Technical Coach link said:
Saturday Night especially 5:30pm is a horrible time for a lot of people myself included---just too busy but i also hate night games in general the quality is generally not there.
I would have thought 13,500-14,300 so it was a little low but if you factor in the following it really was a no brainer that the crowd would not be up as much as expected.

1)Late season early Saturday night games for teams that are inconsistent will not draw as much as early season games in the same time slot with a small roll of good performances.

2)Big Union game on tv has a major bearing on Manly crowds with the high interest of Union in the local area plus the highest uptake of cable tv in Australia. On cold nights unless Manly are killing most teams supporters will stay at home---the more intellectual your supporter base the less fanatical you are to go and watch a game if conditions are not to your liking especially when the facilities are not up to par.

3)Melbourne have nothing to play for--if both teams were top 4 different story but one team struggling to stay in the eight and Melbourne inconsistent it really is not as big a game as its been advertised---yes the recent history of both clubs should help a little but only if both teams have something to play for and are high up in the eight.

4)Melbourne only has a small following in NSW and basically zero with nothing to play for this year.

Its really simple Manly is a Sunday afternoon crowd full stop for most people--- i know 80% of the games i attend are Sunday games and when Manly are doing exceptionally well then Night games will hold up well also.

Dude, thanks.  On the back of this discourse a i think I may stay home for the rest of my life.

If we had a decent 20000 seat stadium the crowd would be there. We dont and never will. I think Bluetoungue or SFS will eventually be our home base. It is inevitable now.

Would love it to be SFS---BlueTongue i would not even bother just too far---went to a few Northern Eagles games at Blue Tongue but it really was a major effort for a long day thats for sure.
From what i can remember one of those games i think it was against Canberra where Jason King scored a long range try--may have been the return of Manly it was so long ago but i wont be going to BlueTongue again even if Manly are on top of the table.

It's been done to death , but , the facilities really suck....and the 5.30 slot really is the worst regardless of opposition/ venue etc.
I think people would get a shock at how many fans Manly can / could get, if they played at an all seater stadium...no wet arse, muddy feet or leg cramps from having to stand on the hill for 2 hours.  If they ever decide to renovate the old girl , then i hope they take the games to the SFS...

Yeah a dry sunny day on the hill is a relaxing day - - -a wet bum on a cold chilly night always needing to go to the toilet as your freezing your bum off yeah i can think of better things to do.

Family does it for me (i have an almost 2 year old)

5:30 is the worst time of the day - 7:30 is a no brainer....

I can't agree. I normally have a group of 8-10 at Brookie but tonight I was solo because everyone else had important engagements. Saturday evening sucks. Had it been Sunday afternoon we would have had another 4,000.
Those of us that were on the hill had a great time. How sweet. If only we could play with that passion every week.

So when the time comes and the club's survival relies on relocation, will there be thousands of these northern beachers who can't be bothered to attend games marching the streets like try hard Bunnies fans?

Just a question here

Why is the 5.30pm slot worse than the 7.30pm ?

I would have thought it would be better for the families with the earlier start enabling the kids to be home early for bed. It also for the other's leave more time to get out and about afterwards

The facilities aren't a big issue for me, I am only there to watch the footy so unconcerned on that front. That is just me though I guess. I live just down the road from a world class stadium but enjoy the Brookie experience more

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7