• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
Is there a way to see my current password?
I have just got a new phone and dont know my password.
I can still log in on the tablet but i am it lazy and dont want to remember another password

Is there a way to see my current password?
I have just got a new phone and dont know my password.
I can still log in on the tablet but i am it lazy and dont want to remember another password

Is it 1,2,3,4 ????

I dunno if Dan can see them, or even if he can.... will he wanna say so! lol

But,,, when we got hacked and he asked us to create new passwords I 'think' he said our new passwords had to have:

A capital letter
some numbers,
and a sign such as !@#$%^& etc.

Anyway, he'll be able to confirm all this waffle and set you straight. I only typed this in case it reminded you of your password.

:)

Is it 1,2,3,4 ????

I dunno if Dan can see them, or even if he can.... will he wanna say so! lol

But,,, when we got hacked and he asked us to create new passwords I 'think' he said our new passwords had to have:

A capital letter
some numbers,
and a sign such as !@#$%^& etc.

Anyway, he'll be able to confirm all this waffle and set you straight. I only typed this in case it reminded you of your password.

:)
I think that last time i was locked out, a few years ago Dan created my password. I messaged him via silvertails facebook page, which i deleted because well fb sucks.
Looks like i will just go through the change password process.

So there is no way for me or you to see your current password. It is ecrypted, hashed and salted so that it is not stored in plain text anywhere, meaning there is no way to convert it back to text. When you login it takes the password you enter, adds the salt hash and then matches it against the stored converted password. This is done so that if we are hacked its virtually impossible for the hacker to get your password.

You can reset your password without needing to know your old one, at the login screen hit the "Forgot Password" link and it will put through the steps to change your password.

I have all my passwords saved on a (carefully disguised) Word document, which is pretty dumb but I doubt I’m the only one. What do the experts recommend these days?

I have all my passwords saved on a (carefully disguised) Word document, which is pretty dumb but I doubt I’m the only one. What do the experts recommend these days?

https://fieldguide.gizmodo.com/the-5-best-ways-to-store-passwords-safely-1782047318

Has a list of things/products you can use.

Or just make everything 1234, or password, or notpassword

lol

edit: I think eventually...companies will make us all use facial recognition. then big bro will certainly have arrived.

Use a password manager. Something like last pass. It sits in your browser and manages most of your passwords. You only have to remember the password for last pass and you are good to go. It can sit across multiple devices too.

I would strongly advise people take their password management and storage seriously. I change my passwords every 30 days and use long and complex passwords. You can also get a password generator that does the password generation for you that you can then store in https://www.lastpass.com/

Yeah I have that now thanks, but entering all the passwords will be a pain.

Not as painful as losing them all or having them stolen!!!!

Once when I had them on an excel sheet (not now) the sheet somehow got deleted and I was surprised how easy it was to find a "recover deleted shizzle" download for free. Nothing seems to get really deleted (hopefully my avg does it)

But anyway to each their own. If I had more friends I'd email using https://protonmail.com/

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4