[Resurrected] Paseka

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Not sure about what's happening lately with Tent as Des hasn't had him playing big minutes. Hopefully he unleashes the beast this Friday and he goes on a rampage.

I'm tippng a huge game from Tanieka this Friday.
His minutes have been down since he hurt his ankle and had those 3 or 4 weeks off. Probably still not 100% fit I assume.

prior to that he was one of our big improvers and was really starting to have an impact in games. He has the potential to be as good as Haas I reckon, same body shape and athleticism

His minutes have been down since he hurt his ankle and had those 3 or 4 weeks off. Probably still not 100% fit I assume.

prior to that he was one of our big improvers and was really starting to have an impact in games. He has the potential to be as good as Haas I reckon, same body shape and athleticism
When he first made 1st grade, I thought, this guy could be a wrecking ball for us, a giant of a man...but just a plodder. That was then, now, he's a damaging forward that bends the line at will and has great off loading ability. Got a feeling he's ready to produce the big one on Friday night.

When he first made 1st grade, I thought, this guy could be a wrecking ball for us, a giant of a man...but just a plodder. That was then, now, he's a damaging forward that bends the line at will and has great off loading ability. Got a feeling he's ready to produce the big one on Friday night.
It took him time to realize how big and strong he really is. But now he knows what he's got physically, he will only get better and better. Des will tell the boys about how important Keppie's performance was last week, and Paseka will be one of them inspired by that and he will go full demolition mode on Friday, guarantee it!

prior to that he was one of our big improvers and was really starting to have an impact in games. He has the potential to be as good as Haas I reckon, same body shape and athleticism.
Have loved watching him play these last couple of years and seeing his growth over that period. Wholeheartedly agree on his potential and am sure every club in the league would want a Tent in their team.

Creates something every time he is on the field and gets us moving in the right direction.
Des, we want, and need, more Tent!

Last edited:
I was surprised when the tigpies let him go and while he took longer to develop then I expected I just rate the guy massively now...
Runs hard, makes very few errors and gets quick PTBs... but the best thing is his speed when he does hit a hole - I can't remember which game it was but I remember him busting open the defence and running 40m earlier this year and it reminded me of Brenton Lawrence at full gallop...

‘I know he’s watching’: The heartbreak inspiring Manly prop Paseka

by Adrian Proszenko

September 23, 2021 —

Taniela Paseka’s father loved the weekends.

That was the one time that he could switch off, after a week of factory shift work that finished just after dawn, and spend quality time with his seven children. Leone Paseka took particular pride in the achievements of Taniela, who despite his imposing 197cm, 120kg frame, often doubted whether he could cut it in the NRL after being overlooked for representative teams at school.

Leone suffered a heart attack earlier this year at the age of 58, but thankfully not before he met his grandson, Taniela’s boy Carter. Before he runs out for Manly, Paseka writes “DAD” on his wrist strapping to honour the man he credits for helping him to realise his NRL dream.

“My dad loved footy; it’s all he spoke about,” Paseka said. “After my games he would say, ‘Not good enough. Go for a run, do more fitness, go to the gym.’

“He was pushing to get the best out of me. He’s the reason why I’m here as well, due to his guidance and work ethic.

“After he went, I write his name on my wrist every game day, to remind me of my ‘why’?

bdbc7acf7cb66f9ea3b528a1793685dc7e346acf

“Even though he’s not here, I know that he’s watching. I want to make him proud.”

The Pasekas moved to Australia from their home town of Otahuhu in New Zealand when Taniela was five. His mother was diagnosed with breast cancer and it was hoped she would receive better medical treatment on this side of the Tasman. However, she died shortly after their arrival.

Leone spent almost every moment trying to make ends meet as a single parent.

“My dad had to work very hard to put food on the table and a roof over our heads,” Paseka said.

“He did that every week. The sacrifices he had to make included missing out on his own time. He couldn’t rest. All he would do was work, sleep, repeat.

“He started working at night due to more pay and shift availability. He took whatever work he could get, do whatever he could to help out his kids.

“He was close to 60, was still working and had another five years of work in him.

“He was a tough man.”

Paseka has earned himself a reputation as a tough man in his own right. There are few more formidable figures on a footy field, but there was plenty of self-doubt in his formative years.

“I didn’t believe I would make it to the NRL,” he said.

“During school, I never made it to any of the rep footy teams. I didn’t have any confidence in myself. I was just playing 20s for the love of footy.

“I was lucky enough to eventually get seen and then all the doors opened for me.”

When he was selected for NSW in a junior State of Origin match, the giant prop began to believe in his ability. However, before he got his first big break at Wests Tigers, there was an opportunity to play rugby in Japan. While he ultimately opted not to uproot his life to pursue that avenue, he later gave serious consideration to having a crack yet another code.

There was a potential pathway to the NFL through the IMG Academy, the same route fellow Australian Jordan Mailata took to a career that will earn him tens of millions of dollars a season.

“It’s the dream, to make shedloads, millions,” Paseka quipped. “But the odds are very low.

“I was 50-50. It was before COVID. Me and my partner looked at all the outcomes before we went. I was [about to become a father].

“I made the right decision because I’m happy at Manly. No regrets. I’m glad I didn’t leave.”

In choosing to stay put, Leone got the chance to spend precious time with his grandson, who is now 11 months old, before his passing.

Paseka, meanwhile, can further establish himself as a promising front-rower. Having represented the Blues at junior level, he could move further towards his ambition of doing likewise in the senior ranks with a big finals series.

“I’m confident we can win the whole thing,” he said.

I can see some similarities but IMO Haas is another level in terms of athleticism. He is a freak of nature that guy. He can play 70-80 minutes each week and is a little more mobile and zippy than Paseka.

In saying that, Haas is going to cost the Broncos a mil and Paseka at half that price, is probably a better buy.

A lot of people say that their dead friend or loved one is watching from above. Bugger that, if I'm a ghost I would be on the field getting up close, trying to put the opposition off.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2