Part of the Brookie Hill goes exclusive on game days

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
Just got an email from the club. Looks like a large number of bleacher seats near the halfway line will be cordoned off and held for just special paying members under a 'Premium General Admission' category.

More details @ http://membership.manlyseaeagles.com.au/2011-packages/general-admission-membership/

Yes this is premium general admission and has been on sale since the 2011 packages came out late last year.

I've never considered those seats part of the hill anyway.  The hill to me is the grassy knoll area. 

The ushers didn't like it last Sunday when they had to tell about 2,000 separate people not to sit there unless they were premium GA members.

I remember that as a membership option. If nothing else, the Club and Council needs to install new seating right around the perimeter. It would be a relatively easy, low-cost fix that has the potential to add quite a few extra members to the tally. In saying that, concreting the northern Family Hill and installing new seats there should be looked at too. I'd estimate that you could easily fit about 600-800 seats in that area. Perhaps more and of course it's a fairly cheap means of attracting more memberships.
Then regrade the main hill into a higher capacity spectator area than it currently holds, to compensate for the loss of space on the Family Hill. Build a new kiosk and amenities block on the reverse side of the Hill, similar to Belmore Sports Ground's - that can eventually be incorporated into a new Hill grandstand.
It's not likely we will be seeing new stands built over those areas over the next five years or so - so start working on short-term options to improve our longterm bottom line..

For those interested, it's an extra $40 on a GA season ticket, so about $4.50 per game for the last 9. This allows you to turn up right on kick off and sit at the half way line, albeit on wooden benches.

We bought them and will mix it up. Sit elsewhere with friends and family if they turn up or sit in the premium seats if not or if it's a big crowd.

nb: good thoughts Phantar.

So this is the upgrade we have been waiting for. A couple of bits of chain is all we could afford with what was left of the $6mil  after Warringah Council got its hands on it.

Not a big fan - they've just started charging extra for no improvement. Fix things up before you start charging more.

Hope the other clubs don't get wind of this.We will be a laughing stock."Let's charge more,for people to sit on some rotten wooden planks.Fair bloody dinkum!The place really needs an upgrade.

but then they would have to stop laughing at us for being the only club who doesnt charge more for sitting at the halfway line

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6