Parramatta stand down star halfback Kieran Foran

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
According to Foran’s camp, the story appeared simultaneously

Those close to him feel there was an obvious motivation to leak the story – to deflect attention from Parramatta’s ongoing woes and put Manly under the gun. To some extent it has worked.

The NRL Integrity Unit now has no option but investigate Foran’s dealings with his previous club. That put enormous strain on Foran, who was already struggling over his well-documented relationship split.

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport
/nrl/news/2016/5/the-7th-tackle-reports-kieran-foran-gutted-after-manly-leak/

3rd party deal.

Does the NRL want clubs to assure these payments now, therefore all 3rd party deals will be made with a local hamburger shop and paid by the club.

What’s been largely forgotten about Foran’s revised four-year deal with Parramatta is that he’s a free agent at the end of next season, because he has an option to stay with the club in 2018 and 2019.

I didn't forget it - but the Parra fans I mentioned it to in the last few days had no clue (obviously I know but I was referring specifically to the option as opposed to just generally speaking).

When Eels skipper Keiran Foran reflects on the most difficult period of his life; Parramatta’s salary cap penalty won’t feature most prominently in his mind.

The most underplayed element of Foran’s breakdown a week ago was the leaked story about him chasing Manly for $140,000 in unpaid third party agreements.

Foran had desperately guarded the issue for months, privately convincing reporters privy to the information to stay quiet.

But that changed when he hired a lawyer to pursue the money – and told certain Eels officials.

According to Foran’s camp, the story appeared simultaneously in both of Sydney’s Sunday papers a few days later after the halfback confided in his clubmates.

Foran was gutted.

Those close to him feel there was an obvious motivation to leak the story – to deflect attention from Parramatta’s ongoing woes and put Manly under the gun. To some extent it has worked.:mad:

The NRL Integrity Unit now has no option but investigate Foran’s dealings with his previous club. That put enormous strain on Foran, who was already struggling over his well-documented relationship split.

He’s now recovering at an Interstate clinic that specializes on those suffering from depression and anxiety.

Unlike good mate Mitchell Pearce in Thailand, he’s maintained contact with a range of people on the outside over the past week.:eek:

What’s been largely forgotten about Foran’s revised four-year deal with Parramatta is that he’s a free agent at the end of next season, because he has an option to stay with the club in 2018 and 2019.

The events of the past week could hardly have worked in Parramatta’s favour in that department.

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sp...reports-kieran-foran-gutted-after-manly-leak/

What this says to me is that the club he now holds so dear basically leaked the story about what Manly allegedly owing him to the media. And You can bet that they did it for no other reason than to have NRL fans feeling sorry for Foran (and by extension the Speels) knowing full well that this week would see the penalty handed down by the NRL for their cap cheating. They basically used his personal problems in an attempt to soften the fan backlash that could be expected for getting caught cheating.

And that's the club he now loves so damn much?

I'm struggling. Please help.

Why would the fact that you have a dispute with Manly over a $140,000 tpa going public cause you any concern? Not like something you would feel the need to keep secret, like shagging a dog.
Foz is a dikhead for not finalising this 140k before he started negotiations for a new contract. He should have said before we start negotiations can you make sure I'm all paid up! He dogged Manly and played his cards the way he did and waited till we withdrew the offer to DCE before signing with dali. Bad luck Foz

Not sure if I am reading this differently but the insinuation appears to be that someone at his current club leaked the news - no Foran or us.

If that is the case then he did appear to be doing the "right" thing and keeping the matter between him and the club

Foran has now definately taken over from Watmough as the biggest ****wit playing rugby league at the moment.

Every time I open a paper there is a story about him in it usually calling him a superstar. No story about his marriage break up and that he caused it. No he has asked the media not to print this story as he doesn't want it effecting his pristine reputation

Apparantly he also does 3 radio shows a week

Now he has had a breakdown because supposedly someone leaked a story to the media about Manly supposedly owing him $150k. His manager and him not to go to parra so what does he expect

When is the media going to print the truth about his break up and what a sooky wanker the guy has been for the past two years when he has claimed his salary under false pretences an screwed Manly for months by pretending that he was staying?

I'm struggling. Please help.

Why would the fact that you have a dispute with Manly over a $140,000 tpa going public cause you any concern? Not like something you would feel the need to keep secret, like shagging a dog.
I think it showed him what Parramatta is really like and they would do anything, ANYTHING to take the heat of their problems even if it damaged one of their own. He trusted the club and the people that ran it more than he should have and he realised he was taken for a ride. It would be interesting to see who leaked it to the press.

I think it showed him what Parramatta is really like and they would do anything, ANYTHING to take the heat of their problems even if it damaged one of their own. He trusted the club and the people that ran it more than he should have and he realised he was taken for a ride. It would be interesting to see who leaked it to the press.
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...matta-eels-fouryear-deal-20150420-1moylg.html
The irony - clause was removed by the NRL and replaced with one that allows him to walk after 2 years :p

Parramatta Eels superstar signing Kieran Foran has a clause in his multimillion-dollar contract that would allow him to walk out on the four-year deal if the club slips into the political turmoil that has dogged so much of its recent history.
Fairfax Media can reveal Foran has a clause in his contract which means he can renege on his deal or leave Parramatta at any stage throughout his four-year contract if the struggle for power at the much-maligned club spills over after this weekend's Leagues Club elections and results in upheaval at management level.

What I don't understand is why is $Forme chasing Manly for unpaid TPA's ?? TPA's can't be guaranteed by the club, that's the whole point of them. Unless Parra are leaking this to try and suggest that Manly are rorting the system as well to take some heat off them.

He and Whatmough have **** on their legacy here-it is done in my eyes now. I was royally pissed at the way they went about leaving and "insinuating" that the Manly club was poorly run etc, but I seriously thought that they would retreat from that position over time. Uh uh, no contrition in sight! **** 'em, they are nothing to me now

What I don't understand is why is $Forme chasing Manly for unpaid TPA's ?? TPA's can't be guaranteed by the club, that's the whole point of them. Unless Parra are leaking this to try and suggest that Manly are rorting the system as well to take some heat off them.

I read it as a small window that all clubs all but guarantee TPA's but keeps things at arms length. Brisbane's big advantage lies right there.

Seriously, how far has Watmough fallen in 2 or so years? In 2013 he played in a GF for us. In 2016 he is now being used as dead meat for another club's cap woes, is a step away from retiring, and was directly involved in another club cheating due to their acquisition of him. Pretty inglorious ending to what was once a glorious career.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10