Parker's concussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I understand what your getting at, and the simplest example is Brian To’o: he gets hammered and gets up every time like it ain’t no thang lol…. But that’s a testimony as to different strengths and weaknesses in people in general. In all my years of front row I took countless hit ups and got battered mercilessly but only once got knocked out (I got twisted in a tackle at speed and fell backwards onto an accidental knee I’m told!) whereas other guys that were bigger than me got knocked out almost regularly….

That cold shoulder to the chin that Scorpio wore would have knocked almost anyone out: it’s not incidental contact that is causing the issue it’s severe blows to the head that are knocking him out.

Another factor is that you get conditioned to taking heavy blows and brace for them, you tuck your chin and use your whole body to absorb the impact and ensure that they take as much if not more than you do: you can’t do this at a flat out sprint because you want to be accelerating into the contact with power instead of having no “torque” left to use against the defence.

Brad hits the line at full speed and in a straight line and is relatively easy pickings for a heavy hitter: imagine if he played against Steve Matai?? It wouldn’t be concussion being the the worry, it would be finding the pieces that went missing in the explosion lol…
What I was referring to is all players that play NRL are brave especially the lighter weight ones that play against the heavier weight ones

For example in the boxing game there is a weight division that protects the lighter men and that is not the case in the brutal NRL

I have.

It also happens when I see your constant bagging of a proud club player in Brad Parker while continually championing blokes who can't stay on the field due to overeating, getting injured & having anger management issues.
Yes we all have our strengths and weaknesses feathered friend

What I was referring to is all players that play NRL are brave especially the lighter weight ones that play against the heavier weight ones

For example in the boxing game there is a weight division that protects the lighter men and that is not the case in the brutal NRL
Sorry but no, you were claiming that smaller, lighter players than Parker make the same hit ups as he does without getting knocked out & "carried off the field".

Your constant derision & inability to resist snide comments only to later try to squirm out of them is hard to respect:

Perspective time

I appreciate what you are saying players bravely hitting the ball up into a wall like defence and there are much smaller and lighter players than Parker that put their bodies on the line that do not get concussed as much and get carried off the field either .

Sorry but no, you were claiming that smaller, lighter players than Parker make the same hit ups as he does without getting knocked out & "carried off the field".

Your constant derision & inability to resist snide comments only to later try to squirm out of them is hard to respect:
Sorry but you better get used to posters that do not agree with your views

Sorry but you better get used to posters that do not agree with your views
I'm fine with people having different opinions, it's what makes the world an interesting place, especially when they support their opinions with data instead of constantly sniping with no explanation - it reeks of alterior motive & therefore lacks credibility.

I'm fine with people having different opinions, it's what makes the world an interesting place, especially when they support their opinions with data instead of constantly sniping with no explanation - it reeks of alterior motive & therefore lacks credibility.
Thanks for your perspective . Great job . Keep it up feathered friend

Agreed 100%…. It’s a game that demands resilience and strength whichever position you play, whilst simultaneously demanding the use of different body types for different positions. Inevitably the bigger and smaller guys are gunna end up occupying the same piece of real estate and it’s at this point that physics comes into conflict with skill, technique and the unmeasurable ingredients that make up the character of a man.

It’s at this convergence where pride, commitment and heart can overcome the strict rules of Newtonian Mechanics occasionally… but the price is pretty high and few are prepared to pay that coin.

Brad signs a frikken blank cheque and pays that bill with his body every time he pulls that jersey on, and whilst I’m concerned he’ll end up with issues later in life, I still feel his unconscionable pride in doing so week in week out.

"Parker bad! Walker & Suli good!"

Why?

"We all have our strengths & weakneses/we are all entitled to our opinion/get used to people disagreeing with you..."

Okay, sure but why?

Something about expectations, standards, steel jerseys & speed & leaving behind a big mess...

Agreed 100%…. It’s a game that demands resilience and strength whichever position you play, whilst simultaneously demanding the use of different body types for different positions. Inevitably the bigger and smaller guys are gunna end up occupying the same piece of real estate and it’s at this point that physics comes into conflict with skill, technique and the unmeasurable ingredients that make up the character of a man.

It’s at this convergence where pride, commitment and heart can overcome the strict rules of Newtonian Mechanics occasionally… but the price is pretty high and few are prepared to pay that coin.

Brad signs a frikken blank cheque and pays that bill with his body every time he pulls that jersey on, and whilst I’m concerned he’ll end up with issues later in life, I still feel his unconscionable pride in doing so week in week out.
Great intelligent post feathered friend

Politician-like response.

Don't ever explain how you reach your opinions mate, just keep repeating them & avoiding having to explain them lol.
No worries feathered friend . You keep being you and I keep being me .

Take pride in who you are and never let any one dim your lights and your rights .

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8