Parker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I agree, but I think Parker ran one step too many, esp. as he was right on the goal line. Overall he played okay, but I think he was off his game a bit - maybe this week's limelight didn't help. Then again, the whole team was a bit off - too many errors & many very soft tries let in. However, it is only the second game of the season and we have a new left edge in Tuilagi & Schuster. The real test is Souths next week.
Hank was one of our better players. Especially in defence. That Moses tackle near the end was all effort and heart.
You’re the one who put the insta jersey presentation up. (Which I absolutely loved by the way. Thankyou). Let the man enjoy his win in his milestone match. There were many, many others that had some shocking moments in that crazy game.

Let the man enjoy his win in his milestone match. There were many, many others that had some shocking moments in that crazy game.
It's excellent when a player has a win in a milestone match. It doesn't always happen. Parker's defence tonight was great as usual.

Without criticising anyone, I think the team could function better if we reversed our centres. The attack of most teams is strongest on the left side, so why not not put on our strongest defensive centre on the right & our strongest attacking centre on the left?

I appreciate that, as forum members, we all like to support & defend our favourite players. I do this when I feel that a player that a player has been unfairly criticised. For example, many Silvertails have been digging the boot into Schuster for a long time. Tonight, we got a taste of what he's really capable of in attack.

It's excellent when a player has a win in a milestone match. It doesn't always happen. Parker's defence tonight was great as usual.

Without criticising anyone, I think the team could function better if we reversed our centres. The attack of most teams is strongest on the left side, so why not not put on our strongest defensive centre on the right & our strongest attacking centre on the left?

I appreciate that, as forum members, we all like to support & defend our favourite players. I do this when I feel that a player that a player has been unfairly criticised. For example, many Silvertails have been digging the boot into Schuster for a long time. Tonight, we got a taste of what he's really capable of in attack.
I think the centre reversal is a great idea, not only for the reasons you mentioned, but as someone mentioned earlier, Tippytoes needs an old good defensive centre inside him. Basically so Parker can keep TT from running in a mile instead of just holding his line.

Still think Parker would make a good if not top lock. Many are lauding his defense. That exactly what we need at lock. A player with some pace, tough, mobile and a top defender. In some ways we miss that kind of forward . Burbo may become that but not yet. I know the arguments regarding head knocks. However that's often accidental and as we've seen with Ponga can happen anywhere on the field.

Good to hear, I watch on Kayo and they didn’t pick up on it, or if they did they said nothing.
I get that people are put off by the personalities of the 9 commentators, but they offer so much more insight than Warren Smith. Sometimes you might not like that insight, but it gives you so much more to think about than the constant cliches offered by Smith.

We are all different so I get others would much prefer to listen to Smith of course.

I get that people are put off by the personalities of the 9 commentators, but they offer so much more insight than Warren Smith. Sometimes you might not like that insight, but it gives you so much more to think about than the constant cliches offered by Smith.

We are all different so I get others would much prefer to listen to Smith of course.
I had Kayo for the past 3 seasons but haven’t renewed my subscription this year, but am seriously considering it after last night having to listen to Brad Fittler stumble through mixed metaphors, mispronunciations & incorrect grammar along with Andrew Johns slurring through what is actually insightful commentary but rendered unlistenable because he sounds like a drunk about to fall asleep.

Then you’ve got Gus Gould, who knows his stuff but more often than not ruins the delivery of it in his efforts to sound like some sort of guru.

Then there’s Cameron Smith - possibly the most boring man on earth yet still manages to elicit a skin crawling reaction to anything he says.

Last, but not least, is Thurston - the lack of response from him when they call him in, then the mumbling, giggling & general lackadaisical input from him always makes me think he just sits under the table in the corner punching cones all game.

Last edited:
I had Kayo for the past 3 seasons but haven’t renewed my subscription this year, but am seriously considering it after last night having to listen to Brad Fittler stumble through mixed metaphors, mispronunciations & incorrect grammar along with Andrew Johns slurring through what is actually insightful commentary but rendered unlistenable because he sounds like a drunk about to fall asleep.

Then you’ve got Gus Gould, who knows his stuff but more often that not ruins the delivery of it in his efforts to sound like some sort of guru.

Then there’s Cameron Smith - possibly the most boring man on earth yet still manages to elicit a skin crawling reaction to anything he says.

Last, but not least, is Thurston - the lack of response from him when they call him in, then the mumbling, giggling & general lackadaisical input from him always makes me think he just sits under the table in the corner punching cones all game.
I get all of that, especially your point about Gould. In my opinion though, I find Warren Smith to be an absolute bore & I prefer to deal with the idiosyncrasies of the 9 team (except for JT) then listen to nothing-ness of WS.

I get all of that, especially your point about Gould. In my opinion though, I find Warren Smith to be an absolute bore & I prefer to deal with the idiosyncrasies of the 9 team (except for JT) then listen to nothing-ness of WS.
But they rotate the commentators on Fox/Kayo, don’t they?

So you’d only be getting WS a couple of games a round, wouldn’t you?

I guess there’s still Voss & Ginnane there though…

Last edited:
Good to see Parker get some modelling gigs ...

Pretty sure Moses shifted in on Brads decoy run and got away with a silky effort to kill that try, looked like Hank was heading for the inside shoulder and Moses played it perfectly, shifting in ever so slyly to find Hank front on.
What you say was also highlighted on TV, he's a sneaky little sh1t

I think you're right about switching centres, imagine the number of tries Koula would score on the left, the majority of our attacking plays are run down the left side, koula, Shoe and Turbo would have a ball

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4