Parker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Can people who were at Brookie for the Bulldogs game .. shed some light on something for me ..

On the telly, it sounded like every time Parker made a tackle .. the crowd cheered ... I know they were good tackles, and deserved a cheer ... but it also sounded a bit more than that .. like a bit of a cult following was happening ....
I was one of those cheering him @Woodsie the crowd sees what he does and he stands out due to having gingervitis.

The locals like me there love him. He does his job and holds the line in the centres.

A lot of people forget that defence is 50% of footy and the centre position requires one on one tackles otherwise tries are let in. He lets very few in.

@Woodsie Were you graded in the 60's? Perhaps I saw you play. How would you rate your speed at that time compared to the backs in our current top 30? (serious question)

Okay serious answer ... if you accept I may be wearing rose coloured glasses ... and adhering to the adage that .. the older I get, the better I was ...

Some context, .... I was a junior sprinter that made State finals and podiums in the 100 and 200 yards .. without ever taking it seriously. I also have trained along side frogs eyes and played outside him. Russell completely burned me for acceleration, but I had a slightly higher top speed.

I think both Saab and Koula would spank me ... but I would like to think that given the same professional training full time, and methods ... I wouldn't be embarrassed.

I have t

Okay serious answer ... if you accept I may be wearing rose coloured glasses ... and adhering to the adage that .. the older I get, the better I was ...

Some context, .... I was a junior sprinter that made State finals and podiums in the 100 and 200 yards .. without ever taking it seriously. I also have trained along side frogs eyes and played outside him. Russell completely burned me for acceleration, but I had a slightly higher top speed.

I think both Saab and Koula would spank me ... but I would like to think that given the same professional training full time, and methods ... I wouldn't be embarrassed.

I have t
Thank you @Woodsie 🙏

It's not rose coloured glasses if you were in state finals. You were seriously fast ⚡

Last edited:
Some great media on Parks this week. What a trooper this guy is. Much maligned at times but he gives 100% to the teamates , the colours, the emblem and the fans every week. More power to Brad I hope the crowd cheer everything he does tonight. Heart and soul type player every club needs. What a great club man he's been.

Big red defended his arse off again tonight. Young Koula and Tui need to take a leaf from him
That's true, but he dropped a ball inside the Eels twenty early in the match & ran a bad decoy line to kill a Turbo try (12 point turnaround followed). I think we would have a much more lethal left edge if Koula was on that side, especially when the ball is spread early.

That's true, but he dropped a ball inside the Eels twenty early in the match & ran a bad decoy line to kill a Turbo try (12 point turnaround followed). I think we would a much more lethal left edge if Koula was on that side, especially when the ball is spread early.
Yes true. I am onboard with that Tuipolotu could benefit from having a older head around

A special guest presents Brad his 100th game jersey (as usual, hope the Insta link works)

If you don’t tear up watching this you’re not human. Damn that was a good speech from his brother. So glad he scored tonight, but for me, as ever it was his consistent defensive efforts tonight, none better or more important than that tackle on Moses that put him into touch.

Last edited:
That's true, but he dropped a ball inside the Eels twenty early in the match & ran a bad decoy line to kill a Turbo try (12 point turnaround followed). I think we would have a much more lethal left edge if Koula was on that side, especially when the ball is spread early.
Pretty sure Moses shifted in on Brads decoy run and got away with a silky effort to kill that try, looked like Hank was heading for the inside shoulder and Moses played it perfectly, shifting in ever so slyly to find Hank front on.

Pretty sure Moses shifted in on Brads decoy run and got away with a silky effort to kill that try, looked like Hank was heading for the inside shoulder and Moses played it perfectly, shifting in ever so slyly to find Hank front on.
They mentioned on Nine at the time that Moses is a master at that and did it in the grand final too.

I agree, but I think Parker ran one step too many, esp. as he was right on the goal line. Overall he played okay, but I think he was off his game a bit - maybe this week's limelight didn't help. Then again, the whole team was a bit off - too many errors & many very soft tries let in. However, it is only the second game of the season and we have a new left edge in Tuilagi & Schuster. The real test is Souths next week.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4