Parker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Still see Parks as a good centre back up. No doubt he'll have his opportunities in a long season ahead.
if koula, garrick or turbo (koula fullback) get injured / suspended it would be interesting to see whether its talau or parker who gets that centre spot. i currently see parko fighting out for that burbo role off the bench as edge and centre cover but if schuster isn't fit he will find a way into our 17 as i recon his versatility is better than waddells. i think waddell even after watching the manly way will transition more into a middle. Asati James looks like he could be a smokey for a break out season and could be someone for the future after the sipley, lodge, aloiai and jake who are 28 and 29 move on.

if koula, garrick or turbo (koula fullback) get injured / suspended it would be interesting to see whether its talau or parker who gets that centre spot. i currently see parko fighting out for that burbo role off the bench as edge and centre cover but if schuster isn't fit he will find a way into our 17 as i recon his versatility is better than waddells. i think waddell even after watching the manly way will transition more into a middle. Asati James looks like he could be a smokey for a break out season and could be someone for the future after the sipley, lodge, aloiai and jake who are 28 and 29 move on.
Just think there's to much competition for forward bench spots Josh. Unless injuries once again raises it's ugly head.

Just think there's to much competition for forward bench spots Josh. Unless injuries once again raises it's ugly head.
Its a great problem to have though, this will make everyone train harder as their spot is not for certain with olakau'ata and jake the only certainties to start every game with even paseka getting pressure from other middle forwards for starting spot.

When full strength
8. paseka
9. croker
10.lodge
11. olakau'ata
12. schuster
13. jake

14. gordie
15. sipley
16. bullemor
17. burbo

middle forward depth
1. aloiai
2. brown
3. james
4. waddell

edge / utility forward depth
1. parker
2. waddell
3. matto
4. lawton

hooker / 14 depth
1. humphries
2. arthur

By round 5 Brown will be first picked with Jake and Hamoule
Its a great problem to have though, this will make everyone train harder as their spot is not for certain with olakau'ata and jake the only certainties to start every game with even paseka getting pressure from other middle forwards for starting spot.

When full strength
8. paseka
9. croker
10.lodge
11. olakau'ata
12. schuster
13. jake

14. gordie
15. sipley
16. bullemor
17. burbo

middle forward depth
1. aloiai
2. brown
3. james
4. waddell

1. parker
2. waddell
3. matto
4. lawton

hooker / 14 depth
1. humphries
2. arthur

When full strength
8. paseka
9. croker
10.lodge
11. olakau'ata
12. schuster
13. jake

14. gordie
15. sipley
16. bullemor
17. burbo

middle forward depth
1. aloiai
2. brown
3. james
4. waddell

1. parker
2. waddell
3. matto
4. lawton

hooker / 14 depth
1. humphries
2. arthur
My only change would be Ailoi for Burbo, who I think is set for a big season. Our depth is looking awsome best it's been for quite some time.

Maybe more preferable Alioia for Sipley , think that if he can produce his good bustling style again , could be a real positive , apart from warranting his not inconsiderable contract value again .
Certainly do not mind Sipps all round value at his best but again maybe a better choice in Alioia Every indication that Burbo would be in fairly good stead for a bench spot , then the prospect of Humphries coming into bench contention

Maybe more preferable Alioia for Sipley , think that if he can produce his good bustling style again , could be a real positive , apart from warranting his not inconsiderable contract value again .
Certainly do not mind Sipps all round value at his best but again maybe a better choice in Alioia Every indication that Burbo would be in fairly good stead for a bench spot , then the prospect of Humphries coming into bench contention
Agree. Aloiai at his best is still in our top 5 or 6 forwards. He will be on the bench at a minimum.

The way I see it is that it’s a long year , whilst I doubt Parker / Woods will see first grade initially they may get a crack if injuries become an issue.

Both are excellent clubmen , and in a long season you need guys like this.
Excellent clubmen Perspective time ...

Some excellent clubmen excel on the playing field and others behind the scenes where they belong with the coaching staff

Excellent clubmen Perspective time ...

Some excellent clubmen excel on the playing field and others behind the scenes where they belong with the coaching staff
Again it’s the age old argument isn’t it.

Every single club has a roster that includes a few either at the very end of their playing days or so raw that they are extremely likely to get a crack.

Both choices aren’t great if they have to be used .

I don't think we will see Parker in first grade this year unless we are smashed with injuries tbh

He now got
Koala
Garrick
Saab
Talau
Paulo
Veaga
In front of him for a center/wing spot

And if he is transitioning to back row/ lock, he's behind
Hamoule
Shu
Ben T
Brown
Jake T
even Condon

Just shows the depth we have now compared to last year
I'd pick Parker over Vaega in the centres.

I'd also pick Parker over Condon in the 2nd row.

I'd pick Parker over Vaega in the centres.

I'd also pick Parker over Condon in the 2nd row.
Veage isn't a center Parker doesnt get a wing spot before him..unless you want to go backwards from kick returns..

Condon so much more experience than Parker as a backrower, so how did Parker get in front of him

So i can't see your point .

I like Parker as he gives 110% but his slow hasn't got the skill set and other than being a good defender and running courageous lines offers very little
above those listed.

Just not sure if Siebs mentioned that Garrick would be rested until the L A opening game .
Or if playing this week could be named as a starting centre .
Thought that Koula needed a run to serve his suspension .
Just to mention this in regard to Parker getting a run in the centres although maybe he is still recovering from his medical condition a few weeks ago
Just not sure if Parker was having a few runs in the 2 nd row in the pre season but again his illness situation might have restricted that opportunity .
If Talau went as well as indicted yesterday and Faulao also impressive , maybe even more likely for Brad to aim up or be given a go more as an edge going forward .
However sure that Brad could still manage a fairly tradesman like role as a centre if the situation or requirement does arise although again on present indications , could be down in the pecking order a bit with all current centre aspirants available

Interesting that Parker didn't get a run on Sunday. The others that missed the game are super nailed in our top 17. Anyone know if he is injured?

Just not sure if Siebs mentioned that Garrick would be rested until the L A opening game .
Or if playing this week could be named as a starting centre .
Thought that Koula needed a run to serve his suspension .
Just to mention this in regard to Parker getting a run in the centres although maybe he is still recovering from his medical condition a few weeks ago
Just not sure if Parker was having a few runs in the 2 nd row in the pre season but again his illness situation might have restricted that opportunity .
If Talau went as well as indicted yesterday and Faulao also impressive , maybe even more likely for Brad to aim up or be given a go more as an edge going forward .
However sure that Brad could still manage a fairly tradesman like role as a centre if the situation or requirement does arise although again on present indications , could be down in the pecking order a bit with all current centre aspirants available
Seibs only mentioned DCE, Turbo and Jake as the players that would take no part of any trial.

Veage isn't a center Parker doesnt get a wing spot before him..unless you want to go backwards from kick returns..

Condon so much more experience than Parker as a backrower, so how did Parker get in front of him

So i can't see your point .

I like Parker as he gives 110% but his slow hasn't got the skill set and other than being a good defender and running courageous lines offers very little
above those listed.
I guess with backline shuffling then yes Vaega gets the nod ahead of Parker.

Condon hasn't impressed me at all

Like most on here, I think the road back into 1st Grade is a tricky one for Brad. However, I just wanted to note that I've always had a lot of time for his courage on the field and his work off it. And at Vegas he was out and about with fans and out on the field helping with the warm up with the boys. Now, I'm a 50+ year supporter and long time member and I have never really been interested in getting photos with any players - just not my thing. But watching him roaming the crowd at the Fanhub on game day and seeing just what a genuine good young bloke he seems, I couldn't resist.

And at the risk of sounding like I'm short circuiting his footy career, when he does give footy away, I hope he stays involved in the club like Beaver etc. He's absolutely the sort of ex-player we need involved long term.

Anyway, good onya Parks!

Attachments

• PXL_20240302_211858652.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240302_211858652.MP.jpg
    294.1 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11