Parker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Will he though?

Jury is out whether he will make it as a second rower but size wont be the issue.

Parker is 193cm and 100kg

Cam Murray is 184cm and 95kg
Liam Martin 183cm and 103kg
Briton Nikora 185cm and 94kg
Jeremiah Nanai 186cm and 104kg
John Bateman 183cm and 96kg
Hudson Young 182cm and 98kgs
Angus Crichton 187cm and 102kgs
You are actually showing why your point is spurious by including the heights. Every extra cm of height adds weight that isn't necessarily muscle (water, bone etc). So Parker being taller than all of those others actually means he would probably need to be significantly heavier to develop the same power-to-weight ratio as those other players.

You can see it, too. Put Parker and Martin next to each other and you can see which one looks like he has a more powerful frame.

Will he though?

Jury is out whether he will make it as a second rower but size wont be the issue.

Does that mean if he goes to KFC with the Schu and gets to 110kg he could be a prop?

Size is important but it's not the only factor. Resilience, endurance and a willingness to do the dirty jobs that others shy away from can more than makeup for a few kg.

Let's not forget that red heads have a higher pain tolerance than others.

Will he become a superstar? I think Brad himself would tell us that is unlikely. Will he give his all in whatever role is asked of him? Absolutely.

Would love to see Parker converted into a bench utility (ie cover for centre/edge back-rower).

With Garrick moving to centre, we need to find a spot for under-rated Parker.

I reckon he'd add more as the 17 on our bench than Burbo or Bullemor.
Seibold saw it the same way as you. Just slower to see it.

You are actually showing why your point is spurious by including the heights. Every extra cm of height adds weight that isn't necessarily muscle (water, bone etc). So Parker being taller than all of those others actually means he would probably need to be significantly heavier to develop the same power-to-weight ratio as those other players.

You can see it, too. Put Parker and Martin next to each other and you can see which one looks like he has a more powerful frame.

Geez we are getting right down into the miniature here but Parkers weight to height ratio is almost exactly the same as say Cam Murray, Nikora or Bateman.

Size in on itself is not the issue, sure if you want to talk ferocity or toughness or mongrel or whatever you want then sure, but I cant abide a simple, he needs to add x kilos to make it as a edge backrower

Geez we are getting right down into the miniature here but Parkers weight to height ratio is almost exactly the same as say Cam Murray, Nikora or Bateman.

Size in on itself is not the issue, sure if you want to talk ferocity or toughness or mongrel or whatever you want then sure, but I cant abide a simple, he needs to add x kilos to make it as a edge backrower
NAS and David Fifita are both 115 kg. I doubt any defender has ever worried about the 15cm height difference.

Parkers weight to height ratio is almost exactly the same as say Cam Murray, Nikora or Bateman.
These three* possess something Parker is lacking - speed. I think Bateman earlier represented England in the centres & when Murray was spoken about as a Wallabies recruit, it would have been as inside centre.

Edit: they are also current international players with their own unique skill sets

Last edited:
Can we assume (I know dangerous) that Parker will immediately go to Blacktown and play in the forwards?
I can't see how he could be ahead of guys like Burbo or Bully for a bench forward or utility spot. So would assume Blacktown at the start of the year.

If he plays first grade this year I would still bet it would be in the centers when the inevitable injuries happen.

Will he though?

Good point! But surely his training regime would be somewhat different to better accommodate the change. At 193cm I suspect he will be adding some additional body weight.

Parker would be most unlikely to be an instant success as a back rower. He's been playing centre for years. Takes time to adjust to the demands of such a different position. We cant expect him to shine immediately. We saw Walker struggle for some time in adjusting to a back rower. By the end of last year though, he was a regular interchange in a side that reached the semis. Patience is needed.

Will he though?

You know what they say ... its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog, or in this case red headed Sea Eagle.

Parker will make a good go of things I think. He won't be a superstar, but he'll go alright. And he has the added bonus of still being able to cover the outside backs as well if needed.

Parker has always run a good line and instantly go's from being a sluggish centre to an average speed backrower.
He also has a solid defensive technique and the only tackles I seen him miss, were opponents running around him, so his head on defence is actually very good.
My only concern with this positional change, is the fact he has a habit of getting his head in bad positions in both attack and defence resulting in many concussions and I can't see him moving to a position of more contact and not having more of the same, but I wish him well and for his playing future, this is his best opportunity moving forward.

he would be a really good defender at bench 2nd row. they cant run around him like they do in the centres
The Parker Bench Perspective ...
The most dominant teams have a bench made of impact players
Parker is not an Impact player and neither is Woods as we saw his off the bench non existence impact last season
The Fact is that In the fast game of NRL you need to keep up with the fast tempo of the game with Impact players coming from the bench
We have problem at Manly if we cant not find more dominant options past Parker and Woods

The Parker Bench Perspective ...
The most dominant teams have a bench made of impact players
Parker is not an Impact player and neither is Woods as we saw his off the bench non existence impact last season
The Fact is that In the fast game of NRL you need to keep up with the fast tempo of the game with Impact players coming from the bench
We have problem at Manly if we cant not find more dominant options past Parker and Woods

Why not take a short break from constant complaints about Parker, Woods & Croker? Please?

By the way, our last 2 premiership wining benches featured the likes of Vic Mauro, Mark Bryant, Shane Rodney, Jason King, George Rose, Jamie Buhrer.

Good solid players, not really impact players, though George could bend the line. Even Panthers grand final bench had Luke Garner and Lindsay Smith.

Yes you need plenty of star power but there is a place in every top team for the Mr Reliable types.

I'll be happy to get a look at Parker in the back row.

I'm wanting a forward pack that isn't so pretty, just wants to get down and get dirty. Hunt as a pack like the did against storm in 23. Bash teams with defense.

Lodge and Brown should help this pack. Lodge in the couple he played just seemed to lift those around him. I see Bulls speed in the middle and away from an edge as a big part of our speed off the line.

But this where coming off the bench I see Parks having a real chance out on an edge. It's mental toughness and good reads over speed alone. He was happy to take the hard carrys for our pack even when he played in the backs. He runs the toughest of straight lines.

Don't get me wrong, He's still got a long tough transition in front of him yet. But Parks on an edge, if anyone can make the transition Scorpio can. It could work.

he would be a really good defender at bench 2nd row. they cant run around him like they do in the centres
But then he goes from tackling lighter guys to having Kikau, and big damaging edge forwards running at him.

I still don't see him being better than he was at center (where he is a fringe first grader)

Hope im wrong (and happy to have him in the squad as depth)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8