Parker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Parker is no superstar but he offers a lot:
  • good defensively (mostly);
  • runs good lines when we're setting up tries;
  • not afraid to take the tough carries near our tryline;
  • is not known for unnecessary offloads;
  • may not win us games, but doesn't lose them for us either;
  • not a huge dent on our cap spend;
  • plays with passion for our club (look at his reaction after scoring, causing an error for the other side etc, he gets fired up!);
  • liked and respected by his team mates;
  • always gives his all when he's out on the field.
I think he deserves a spot in our 30.
Nailed it. Well said.

Parker fools people by playing to the absolute best of his ability, which is not that high. Good at tackling but too slow to keep up with other centres, and too skinny and fragile to play in the forwards. Can’t knock his effort but if we are serious as a team he should be nothing more than a backup/depth player
He's 6'4" and 100kgs if he could beef up a bit more in the off season he might do okay as a bench forward.

Parker is no superstar but he offers a lot:
  • good defensively (mostly);
  • runs good lines when we're setting up tries;
  • not afraid to take the tough carries near our tryline;
  • is not known for unnecessary offloads;
  • may not win us games, but doesn't lose them for us either;
  • not a huge dent on our cap spend;
  • plays with passion for our club (look at his reaction after scoring, causing an error for the other side etc, he gets fired up!);
  • liked and respected by his team mates;
  • always gives his all when he's out on the field.
I think he deserves a spot in our 30.
Everything that was said in this comment and doubling down on what his team mates think of him. There is a reason Parker has a voice in this team. And it's not because of the money he is being paid.

who doesnt love scorpio. But he Has a target on his head. Gets head highed way to often, and knocks himself out going full tilt. Id suggest the forwards is not for him

Or the Gummo or Zeppo of the Marx family.

Or the Stephen, Billy or Daniel of the Baldwin family.

Or the Ryan of the Hemsworth family.

Or the Shemp of the Howard family.
I was a little unfair on Shemp. He was a very good actor and comedian.

And Gummo never went to Hollywood with his brothers and Zeppo was clearly the straight man.

I feel better now. I can sleep tonight.

Everything that was said in this comment and doubling down on what his team mates think of him. There is a reason Parker has a voice in this team. And it's not because of the money he is being paid.
Exactly. And not every team has stars right across the 17. In saying that he was a Des favorite so I wonder how siebold will view him and if he’ll get many starts. I still have him well ahead of Harper.

Brad was probably a bit more vulnerable getting head knocks taking hit ups as a centre but has seemed to and pleasingly reduced this a bit the past couple of seasons , Really not a lot of depth in the back row department if Schuster can make a go at 6 and Tuilagi takes a while to settle in and to perform . Could well be worth some consideration seeing how Brad could go as a back rower . Sure with the right set up plays , could prove quite a hand full on an edge in attack and shouldn 't be any issues with his defence there . Only recall one occasion back in mid 2017 when he was on the bench to cover back row . Again if Josh [ Schuster ] can nail down the 6 spot early , the likes of Tuilagi and Burbo are a bit of the pace , very possible that Parker could come into contention on an edge

Would love to see Parker converted into a bench utility (ie cover for centre/edge back-rower).

With Garrick moving to centre, we need to find a spot for under-rated Parker.

I reckon he'd add more as the 17 on our bench than Burbo or Bullemor.
Would love to see Parker converted into a bench utility (ie cover for centre/edge back-rower).

With Garrick moving to centre, we need to find a spot for under-rated Parker.

I reckon he'd add more as the 17 on our bench than Burbo or Bullemor.
Garrick is not a centre, turnstile and lucky to be on the wing at best.

Agreed

The only thing I’ll add is would you prefer someone who gives 110% each week, or someone who needs to know the jersey style before they declare their availability….

If I need a player next to me that you would take into battle. He would be one of the first picked. Bleeds for the jersey. What he lacks in pace, skill etc he makes up for it with 100% effort.

Siebold will move Parker to the 2nd row. It's the natural progression for someone of his type. We are short on depth there, he would probably add more value to the team (Euan Aetkin a good example). Mobile for a forward, good defensive technique, and good attitude. Just doesn't have the zip to cut it at centre anymore (young guns knocking, plus Garrick etc). Great bloke to have around for a bit longer, and when injuries hit, will be valuable.

Siebold will move Parker to the 2nd row. It's the natural progression for someone of his type. We are short on depth there, he would probably add more value to the team (Euan Aetkin a good example). Mobile for a forward, good defensive technique, and good attitude. Just doesn't have the zip to cut it at centre anymore (young guns knocking, plus Garrick etc). Great bloke to have around for a bit longer, and when injuries hit, will be valuable.
Agree with all that but like others have noted previously, I do worry about his previous run of knee probs and head knocks. But that's footy these days.

Agree with all that but like others have noted previously, I do worry about his previous run of knee probs and head knocks. But that's footy these days.
Yes it is concerning but these issues aren't really resolving themselves just because he stays at centre...as you say, footy is footy, and he will need a lot more luck go his way regardless of where he plays. Hoping for the best

He's part of the furniture at Manly!

Australia's Danish Furniture I grew upin a house full of it ... just sold a whole bunch for a tidy sum

Yes I think we had some Parker furniture.

The actress Georgie Parker (A Country Practice, Homos and Gays) is a member of that family.

Chiswell was another popular Australian brand.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6