Parcell killing it in super league.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I can't believe you still don't think a hooker should be passing to the chest rather than the head or behind the back. Its the first thing they should master
At what point have i said i dont think a hooker should be passing to the chest. It's an important skill and I understand that but Api is far from the worst. Lichaa, Granville, Pritchard, Luke, Levi are all far worse compared to Api. And sure Api doesn't hit the chest every pass but only a few hooker do. Smith, Hodgson are the only perfect passers in the league. Api makes up for this in other areas with Zip, Creativity and destructive defence, he has his own unique set of skills that others don't have, the sooner you and others stop comparing him to other hookers you will accept that Api like every other great player is his own player.

At what point have i said i dont think a hooker should be passing to the chest. It's an important skill and I understand that but Api is far from the worst. Lichaa, Granville, Pritchard, Luke, Levi are all far worse compared to Api. And sure Api doesn't hit the chest every pass but only a few hooker do. Smith, Hodgson are the only perfect passers in the league. Api makes up for this in other areas with Zip, Creativity and destructive defence, he has his own unique set of skills that others don't have, the sooner you and others stop comparing him to other hookers you will accept that Api like every other great player is his own player.

the point where you said he is "doing everything he needs to do" and the 100's of previous posts raving about how good Api is even last year when he would have lost a pass the ball competition against a blind person

the point where you said he is "doing everything he needs to do" and the 100's of previous posts raving about how good Api is even last year when he would have lost a pass the ball competition against a blind person
He tried his hardest last year, even when he was thrust into the halves he tried hard and was one of our best. His passing was poor last year, this year he has improved heaps and will only get better. His passing is not poor anymore, it's fine you need to get over it.

I said it when they let him go and I still say it. It was a bad error letting Parcel go. He was judged poorly on last years effort when he was injured for much of the season. The kid is rep standard. Having said that Api has improved markedly since last years and is doing a great job for us. His passing has improved, he shows a lot of enthusiasm especially in defence and is one of the reasons Manly are doing well this season. I think Barrett under plays Hastings, though I concede that bringing him along slowly is sensible. But I think he should be on the field more than 10 minutes a match. But then Barrett is bringing Manly along well and fortunately management gave him the time they gave Hasler to settle into the position, get his structures working (impressed by their defence in particular) and display his true potential as a coach> He was I belive unfairly judged on a team last year that had more injuries than has been seen in many a year. Cant win if you cant get your best team on the park and consequent cohesion in their play

Sorry mate but I think Granville is a gun. Last week against the Sharks, Granville went off in the second half and it was there that the Cows lost the game. His passing game from dummy half is one of the best in the league. I do like Api as our hooker though but by no means can you excuse a dummy half for not being able to give quality ball - Hastings seems to be able to do it off the bench...

Parcell was the best hooker in our squad last year. If he had stayed he would have been the best hooker in our squad this year. But getting rid of him made the room to sign Hastings which, I think, was the main motivation for making it happen.

Sorry mate but I think Granville is a gun. Last week against the Sharks, Granville went off in the second half and it was there that the Cows lost the game. His passing game from dummy half is one of the best in the league. I do like Api as our hooker though but by no means can you excuse a dummy half for not being able to give quality ball - Hastings seems to be able to do it off the bench...
Yeah Granville is a gun, but his passing isn't as good as some of the best but he makes up for it in other areas. And you have to remember Api's passing when it goes bad is after he's made 30+ tackles and played for 65 mins at 110%. Hastings comes on and plays 10 mins a game and make 4 tackles and only passes the footy. Not a fair comparison when Api is doing all this stuff but Hastings comes on doing no work and just passing.

Yeah Granville is a gun, but his passing isn't as good as some of the best but he makes up for it in other areas. And you have to remember Api's passing when it goes bad is after he's made 30+ tackles and played for 65 mins at 110%. Hastings comes on and plays 10 mins a game and make 4 tackles and only passes the footy. Not a fair comparison when Api is doing all this stuff but Hastings comes on doing no work and just passing.

Well it is sort of his job to make 30 tackles at 110% for 65 minutes, as well as be able to effectively pass the ball.

Really, it is kind of his job to be able to do all that for 80 minutes, if needed.

Well it is sort of his job to make 30 tackles at 110% for 65 minutes, as well as be able to effectively pass the ball.

Really, it is kind of his job to be able to do all that for 80 minutes, if needed.
Not all hookers play 80 you do realise. Friend, Hodgson, Granville, Lichaa, Farah, Luke, McIlwrick.

Not all hookers play 80 you do realise. Friend, Hodgson, Granville, Lichaa, Farah, Luke, McIlwrick.
mave didn't say that hookers all play for 80 minutes. If you accidentally missed it in his reply to you, he just said that really, it is Api's job to be able to make 30 tackles at 110% for 65 minutes, as well as be able to effectively pass the ball and he should be able to do all that for 80 minutes, if needed.

that doesn't account for the crap passes in the first half.

that doesn't account for the crap passes in the first half.
When will you move on honestly, Api has proven that he's been an amazing buy for the club and is one of the best hookers in the game. Heaps of MOTM awards and in the NSW selection discussion, what more do you want from him? His passing isn't the most refined but it's not as bad as you make it out, it's not costing us games and it's not costing him. He is far from the worst passer in the game, so get over it, move on and stop expecting the world of a players who is doing everything he possibly can to get us home.

Who is Parcell ?
The player that Manly released and no NRL club wanted to sign
The Sharks were after a hooker to replace the retiring Ennis and Parcell was available but they wanted James Segeyaro to break his contract with Leeds and join them .
Why did parcell go to the retirement village Super league ?
Because its bloody obvious !
Storm - Smith
Rabitts - Farah / Cook
Dragons - McInness
Panthers - Wallace
Cowbows - Granville
Rayders -Hogdson
Roosters _ Friend
Titans - Peats
Warriors - Luke
Eels - Prichard
Dogs - Lichaa
Broncs - McCullough
How good is parcell ?
Not good enough to replace any top hooker in the NRL at this stage .
830446.jpg

All bar two are seasoned first graders Bozo. Lichaa was not Souths hooker when Parcell was available. Parcell has only just started his hooking career in first grade and therefore in the eyes of many lacked experience which hookers are seen to require. Picking up Parcell was with eyes to the future not the present. Most of those mentioned are effective in their roles. Of course they aren't going to risk a novice for an experienced hooker they already have. And Parcell wasnt going to play second fiddle given his skills, to another hooker so he went to England. He'll be back for sure and in a first grade team in the NRL... no doubt doubters will be looking closely at his performances for the Rhinos which have apparently been outstanding. And under-estimating some of the top English sides is a mistake many premiership winning NRL sides have made in the past

All bar two are seasoned first graders Bozo. Lichaa was not Souths hooker when Parcell was available. Parcell has only just started his hooking career in first grade and therefore in the eyes of many lacked experience which hookers are seen to require. Picking up Parcell was with eyes to the future not the present. Most of those mentioned are effective in their roles. Of course they aren't going to risk a novice for an experienced hooker they already have. And Parcell wasnt going to play second fiddle given his skills, to another hooker so he went to England. He'll be back for sure and in a first grade team in the NRL... no doubt doubters will be looking closely at his performances for the Rhinos which have apparently been outstanding. And under-estimating some of the top English sides is a mistake many premiership winning NRL
sides have made in the past
Lichaa was not Souths hooker he was the dogs hooker . The dogs signed Lichaa from the Sharks prior to releasing Ennis
From what I have seen watching English super league on Fox it is no match for the NRL .
As far as your prophesy comment " Parcell the eyes of the future " goes it seams that all NRL coaches didnt have eyes for parcell accept for you. We are all entitled to our opinions and until Parcell makes the hooking spot his own in the real premier NRL league we will agree to disagree

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12