Papalii in for Harrison

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mosto

I have a well known member
Premium Member
Ashley Harrison dropped from Queensland State of Origin II side, with Josh Papalii set to make debut

by:Todd Balym
June 18, 201310:38AM

Ashley Harrison warms up during a Maroons State of Origin training session last month. Picture: Bradley Kanaris Source: Getty Images

MAROONS veteran Ashley Harrison has been dropped by coach Mal Meninga from Queensland's State of Origin II team, with Josh Papalii set to make his debut in the side to be announced later today.

Harrison received a phone call from Meninga yesterday morning advising him he would not be named for the June 26 clash at Suncorp Stadium, which Queensland must win to keep alive their hopes of an eighth straight series victory.

LIVE STREAM: WATCH THE TEAM ANNOUNCEMENT IN THE VIDEO PLAYER ABOVE FROM 12.30pm AEST

A veteran of 15 Origins, Harrison has battled chronic knee soreness this season and his place in the starting side is expected to be taken by in-form Broncos lock Corey Parker.

It is believed Raiders enforcer Papalii, who was 19th man for Origin I, will make his debut in Brisbane next Wednesday.

Raiders prop David Shillington could also be a fall guy from Queensland’s 14-6 loss in Origin I with his position under threat by Ben Hannant after his superb return from a calf injury last night in Brisbane’s 32-12 win over Wests Tigers.

Roosters front rower Marty Kennedy is also a possible inclusion for Origin II, with speculation yesterday he would be named in an extended interchange bench by Meninga at 12.30pm today.

I guess it's easier to be 'loyal' when you're winning :D

I'm surprised they stuck with Harrison for so long. He was a star at the Wabbits but turned to rubbish under the guidance of the chooks and that was a long time ago. I guess you wouldn't change a team that wins 7 series but imo he has been one of the weakest.

Report can't be true, QueeNZland are all about pick and stick !! But it does seem more believable that they can add Papalii to the long list of Kiwis to have a run

Speaking of loyalty mosto, nice reading that "Third Man" thinks Hannant isn't ready:
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/thaiday-still-not-convinced-of-hannants-origin-credentials-20130617-2oesi.html

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2