Panthers V Roosters

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Chooks, Penriff don't have the ticker to knock off the NRL pets next weeks, the Chooks on the other hand will smash them.

Panthers all the way, although I think the Roosters have a better shot at making the chokers choke, IF they beat the Titans that is.

Very disappointing to see these ****house teams playing at the moment and knowing that our full roster at full strength would run over these pretenders. It's so hard to get a good roster together to start with but can you imagine this lineup at full strength no major injuries being carried out there tonight or last night against any of these teams.

1. B Stewart
2. M Robertson
3. J Lyon
4. S Matai
5. D Williams
6. K Foran
7. T Hodkinson
8. J King
9. M Ballin
10. B Kite
11. A Watmough
12. S Rodney
13. G Stewart

14. J Perry
15. G Rose ( about 15kg lighter and way fitter)
16. T Williams
17. J Galuvao

18. B Farrer
19. T Seu Seu
20. M Cross
21. D Whare
22. W Hopoate
23. J Buhrer
24, C Bailey

missing_something link said:
[quote author=Volley link=topic=185403.msg296108#msg296108 date=1284808729]
Worst finals series ever. Weakest comp ever.

Couldn't agree more
[/quote]

The game last night was sensational and so were some from last weekend. One thing that that hits me hard in the face is just how far behind these teams we are. Even with all their injuries I reckon we would have lost to the Panthers tonight. We are so far behind what is required it is horrible, Our halves pairing haven't stepped up or at the very least they have been worked out easily by the other teams.

The Panthers were sensationally gutsy considering their injury toll. I doubt we could match that intensity. I know JWH left on bickies we couldn't match but who at the club didn't see the potential in 2010 because he has a huge amount to offer. If he played for us he would be heading for cannonisation.

It may be a 'weak comp' but we were never near it for the last 6+ weeks. The play of Benji, Carney, Pearce, Campese and even those Red V bastards would just leave us behind.

Some super clashes coming up next week. If you don't like it turn it off but I have seen enough to say this is going to be a fantastic finish.

Cheers guys!

I agree MB, there have only really been 2 games that have been fizzers so far

**** I was hoping Burns would throw a couple at JWH last night haha. I wasn't a big fan of Burns when he was here but am really enjoying watching him play for Penrith

ManlyBacker link said:
[quote author=missing_something link=topic=185403.msg296109#msg296109 date=1284809439]
[quote author=Volley link=topic=185403.msg296108#msg296108 date=1284808729]
Worst finals series ever. Weakest comp ever.

Couldn't agree more
[/quote]

The game last night was sensational and so were some from last weekend. One thing that that hits me hard in the face is just how far behind these teams we are. Even with all their injuries I reckon we would have lost to the Panthers tonight. We are so far behind what is required it is horrible, Our halves pairing haven't stepped up or at the very least they have been worked out easily by the other teams.

The Panthers were sensationally gutsy considering their injury toll. I doubt we could match that intensity. I know JWH left on bickies we couldn't match but who at the club didn't see the potential in 2010 because he has a huge amount to offer. If he played for us he would be heading for cannonisation.

It may be a 'weak comp' but we were never near it for the last 6+ weeks. The play of Benji, Carney, Pearce, Campese and even those Red V bastards would just leave us behind.

Some super clashes coming up next week. If you don't like it turn it off but I have seen enough to say this is going to be a fantastic finish.

Cheers guys!
[/quote]

You obviously missed the games earlier in the season when we hammered Saints,Storm,Tigers. Have a look at the teams that are left standing. All at full strength no major injuries. Every other team in the competition that has fallen have not had their full squad available for the bulk of the season. Only Cronulla,Cowboys weren't up to it.
It comes down to making the finals and having your full squad fit and available otherwise you can't have a chance to win. Don't think that these 4 teams left are so much better than the rest. A fully fit Panthers,Raiders,Manly,Warriors,Broncos,Souths,Parra,Canterbury even Newcastle and the salary cap cheats with a legal team are more than capable of taking out any one of these teams that are left.

The only sensational game was the Tigers v Roosters. The others have been very meh. Maybe that's just because the team's I've been going for have all lost. It's left me with 4 sides I either hate or dislike with a major passion. Hurts.

The competition these days is so close that a couple of injuries to key players at any stage of the season coupled with some appalling refereeing decisions have cost teams several spots on the ladder.
Do you think any of these 4 teams left would have coped with 6 starting players on the sidelines, 2 of them for the whole season another 4 missing from the semis plus 3 or 4 internationals playing with major injuries that they shouldn't be playing with???

And as Mickqld said, the sides remaining are ordinary.

No side remaining would've been in the running to win a comp in the last decade.

Saints probably would have, their defence would always have them in the hunt somewhere

I am at the stage now for the 1st time that I can really remember where a side that I hate hasn't made the final 4 so don't really care from here.

Will be backing based on my wallet i guess, got Tigers pre season @ $14 and last week got Dragons v Titans GF @ $7

Mick, I get your points but where we have been poor has been in attitude after the Saints game to the end of the season. I can only base it on what the coach decides to stick out there. We dropped right off, the forwards dominated early then capitulated most games, our go-to guys didn't overcome these obstacles and we had little speed. Yep, we had injuries and so does every side. In fact you and Volley have been harsh critics of selections and when I point out that they failed you now justify your arguments because we haven't had our full squad! I look at the attitude from many players this year and think back to '08 and it is like a universe apart.

If we silvertail experts could pick a side we would still be there :) There is no way I would have put a half fit team out against the dragons. We were shown up just like the Panthers and should have gone with a fit squad. Sure they were brave but the result was never in question.

I'm with you Volley on not liking the remaining teams. I was cheering the Panthers last night so it wasn't a great game from my seat but the chooks are coming home strong same as parra last year. Next weekend's clashes should be beauties. It is hard to see the Tigers winning but their unpredictable play could see them jump to a big lead and win. The Titans always seem suspect around this time of year but it is hard to predict who will win that one too. I'm still looking forward to both clashes.

last nights game and our loss were ordinary matches,ours in particular due to being desimated.the others have been good hard contests.

i am with MB on this.unless brett stewart plays as he once did(which is extremely doubtful) i think we will struggle for a couple of years till the halves develop as we hope.looking at the forwards,with the possible exception of King,they are all on a downward path and not getting younger and the promising backup forwards have taken the cash.unless harrison is a smokey it wont be better in the pigs next year.when you start talking about Williams being a saviour in the forwards there are some problems ahead.

still,thats the way the cap works so it shouldnt surprise.except for the scum,who cheated,every other gf side has slid and slid quickly.this year only 3 of last years top 8 made the semis..

give it 2 or 3 years and we will be in it up to our ears again if we can remain financially solid off the field and find a couple of young hungry pigs which im sure crusher will.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6