Post-Game Discussion Panthers v Manly [Round 6, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Panthers
Vs
Sea Eagles
44 Bluebet Stadium
08 Apr 2023 17:30
80:00 minute

Match Stats

I suppose one positive is we don’t have to hear how Weeks should be our #6 when Tampons out. I’m not going to bash the kid. It was an all or nothing gamble. In fact if I was to point the finger it would be at Weeks’ supposed body guard in Kelma. His lateral movement was that of a statue. He can expect plenty of traffic from the Storm forwards. And our inability to stop the second phase was garbage. Penrith offloaded at will.
Wouldn’t surprise me to see Woods and/or Sipley get a call up for next week. Without them playing for Blacktown today, we would’ve done our usual second half capitulation.

We must have flunked the litmus test.
With each Panther try the players turned red, and now Manly fans are all blue.

There was a massive difference in the speed of the two teams (in both thought and action) we were in slo-mo the panthers were x2 speed. Most of this comes from the ruck/ play the ball both in attack and defence and the terrible service from dummy half putting the first receiver under pressure. Allowing the panthers quick play the balls played into their hands and put our defence on the back foot and we just couldn't cope.

"Next week"😁 hey? Someone chasing a few likes after a bad manly loss. I'll give you one mate. Tough night for all of us
No I’m quite serious.

They’ve had two very close tough games , then play the Premiers away and get belted.

So , how they roll up their sleeves next week is a big tell on the rest of the year,

Lay down and get belted at home , season over.

I assure you , not posted “ just for likes “.

No I’m quite serious.

They’ve had two very close tough games , then play the Premiers away and get belted.

So , how they roll up their sleeves next week is a big tell on the rest of the year,

I was only joking mate. It's a rebuilding year, a few fans getting a bit carried away with a trial performance and the fact we actually get to see some of the talent coming through and that the players below the top fifteen have something to play towards.

I think the bye second round was a terrible serve, but then you look at Parras draw and nothing is certain this year schedule wise.

We got a coach last minute with a set roster basically, otherwise you might have seen swaps like Klemmer in for the players we swapped for woods particularly after the tigers lost garner, this year I think Manly limp into seventh or eight. Schuster's important, but Jake can't be the only worker in the pack and Morgan Harper just can't defend at centre in first grade anymore. Not fair on him or his team mates.

Next week will tell the true story , get thumped at home , and it’s season over.
There are quite a few true stories here feathered friend

When our Manly team gets thumped so do our Manly fans and the proud history of our Manly legendary club . The Manly club is a proud club and a thumping like tonight is unacceptable of our high standards

Another truth is last week we were pumped up for our annual promotional Mudgee game favourites to win against a bottom of the 8 troubled Knights team and we were exposed to last years on field deficiencies

This week the coaching staff would have thoroughly gone through last weeks lucky draw and would have pumped our team up for tonights seasons defining Penrith match

Last season the Inspirational Manly Icon Des Persisted with the same team selections and could not pump them up to any great heights

The way I see it is that we have some quality players but we do not have an overall quality team
Our centre pairing of Parker and Harper fo example are off the pace and if we keep persisting with players like that we will preventing any finals finals success

The moral of the story
You can pump up certain players so much
But if they lack the big match winning dynamics you wont win big matches with them

Last edited:
From the SMH tonight:

“The early season resurgence of Manly, meanwhile, will be put into further context when they face Melbourne next week. Their hopes could well rest on just how fit Trbojevic is when he runs onto Brookvale Oval.”

After tonight’s effort I can’t see how Turbo’s fitness will make a big difference as we have much bigger problems elsewhere in the side.

Last edited:
No I’m quite serious.

We will be very lucky to get within 20 points of storm.

Our season has been over for a while we have been made to look good by our opponents.

It's really same old from 2022.

I wish I would share some of your positive thinking about 2023 but just can't see it after tonight.

horrible. we had a decent first few games, maybe luck, maybe who knows what but this is the exact same side as 2022 that just fell apart - maybe seibold is no different.. i honestly think we just dont have the cattle

A draw two weeks in a row!

At least, in the second half @:D

A big positive - the successful return of Saab ✔️

With Lawton injured, maybe Fainu will be promoted & Chan Kum Tong upgraded next week?

All is not lost - onwards & upwards Sea Eagles 🦅
Your kidding right
No positives tonight my friend

IMG-20230408-WA0000.jpeg

Right, now feels just like watching manly, FFS feel like I'm a jinx or some ****

Penrith are back to back Premiers for a reason. Their defensive line speed is brilliant and they run harder than any other team. They are blessed with some real talent.

Manly on the other hand show neither of those attributes above, coupled with we have some players that are really not up to scratch.

Reality has set in now for us as supporters. Even if we made the finals our best gets nowhere near the top teams. We are a long long way from being genuine contenders. If we are honest we are fringe top 8 at best.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6