Panther on the outer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

andyvb

Reserve Grader
Apparently there is a senior panthers player on the outer with the coach and might be asking for a release in the next few weeks. Not sure how it is though

Pretty sure it’s Cartwright, heard that from a mate who’s sort of connected to the Pennies.

Pretty sure it’s Cartwright, heard that from a mate who’s sort of connected to the Pennies.

Maybe it’s Trent Merrin feeling dirty he lost the two way battle for Captaincy. Wallace deserves it but I wouldn’t put it past Gus to have promised Trent the honour one day

No thanks, and that goes for Hocko too(although I love him).
I would rather spend the 200k Hocko money on front-loading others, and by doing that showing the new guns we have faith in them to step up.
I'm really happy with our current roster and retaining\upgrading the best of them over the next 2+ years without adding anyone of big $ (unless we can snare Carney for cheap, I have a gut feeling he would be special...again) should be our #1 priority.
It must be understood that our club will always be under biased scrutiny from the powers that be and will always be held to the utmost adherence to "the salary cap", regardless of what other clubs are subject to...or not, as is patenty obvious.

Many of our very promising young squad as well as our improved/ing FG guys come up for renewal and/or upgrading NEXT year and the year after.

We have a great roster that if managed PROPERLY will build another Manly premiership dynasty.

It's solidification time and even though we have to operate under a different set of rules to other clubs it's time to "play smart".

We've just about got the ideal roster under the cap we are confined to.

Last edited:
Pretty well documented in big league that it's bill Ashurst.

Sorry was reading an old one.....
Peachey would be good.
Wouldn't knock Cartwright back either.

Pretty well documented in big league that it's bill Ashurst.

Sorry was reading an old one.....
Peachey would be good.
Wouldn't knock Cartwright back either.[/QUOTE Had me going back in the time tunnel there with Big Bill Ashurst , Harvie . Didn't he [ i was going to say come out ] ' but didn't he play at the Panthers the same time as the hooker[ i am getting worse ] and fellow Pom Import Mike Stephenson . .About the same era , the Panthers were importing recruits from many countries including South Africa , U K , N Z but this did not improve the club's prospects . I think that there was some drama with Ashurst leaving the Panthers unannounced and disposing of some furniture that was provided for him with out authorization or something . Arko got the best Pommey imports for those times with Mal Reilly . Lowe and Norton .

Correct Al.
And one of those South Africans was Kent Lambert?? From memory.
The best they did was the inaugural 74 Amco cup final and they lost that back then to western division.

We could get Carty and move Jake to prop, but not a problem if he isn't a target anyways, we're a strong enough side with or without him

8. Jake Trbojevic
9. Apisai Koroisau
10. Martin Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Bryce Cartwright
13. Curtis Sironen

I rate Cartwright as a player and would love to see him in a Manly Jersey. Definitely an x-factor player and Twenty would be the guy to get the best out of him.

However in saying that I can’t see where he fits into the puzzle. Not tough enough to defend in the middle third and with Jake at Prop suddenly our team is lacking a bit of size.

Strange case where adding a quality player actually hurts the team because the balance both defensively and in the armwrestle simply wouldn’t work.

We are now well covered for back rowers with Frank being more than capable of filling in and high hopes for Shaun Lane this year. Save the Cash for a middle third player or a quality five eighth.

I rate Cartwright as a player and would love to see him in a Manly Jersey. Definitely an x-factor player and Twenty would be the guy to get the best out of him.

However in saying that I can’t see where he fits into the puzzle. Not tough enough to defend in the middle third and with Jake at Prop suddenly our team is lacking a bit of size.

Strange case where adding a quality player actually hurts the team because the balance both defensively and in the armwrestle simply wouldn’t work.

We are now well covered for back rowers with Frank being more than capable of filling in and high hopes for Shaun Lane this year. Save the Cash for a middle third player or a quality five eighth.

Agree, I don't like Jake to be a prop either, he is a great lock. I like bigger, heavier props.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8