Pack your boots Horhay!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Terrible selection terrible performance. I can garuantee you I am not racist but Merrit has been overlooked on merit not race. Where were the halves and props tonight? Missed hayne. Need a proper halfback not the famous son of an ex player who spent his life practising. Rubbish all round. Sutton and Reynolds. The rubbish Reynolds goes away. Morrises banned for life.

Throw Hayne back in, Tamou into the mix and let this group fight for it in game 3. No hope at all making a heap of key changes

Can't understand why the Morrises are on that radar ?

Kiwi how long has Pearce had? Hayne definitely. Tafua or uate on that right Wing. Luke bailey and mason in you can't keep picking kids amongst kids in the front row. Adam Reynolds is there next year so let him get a start. Campese would look good alongside him. Hoffman can go and get stuffed. Did you see billy pulling him away from that scuffle so daddy Craig wouldn't get upset.

Oh we need a proper coach as well.

Hayne would have made a massive difference. The only time I noticed we had wingers or centres was when merrit let try after try after try in.

Farrah one good kick for that try but otherwise he has been slow and sleepy from hooker looks like he has a neck or bsck problem.

Dugan needs to hit holes not go around. Halves went missing because our forwards were invisible

Fifita and Merrin were great. Pearce is a halfback's skid mark. Lewis okay tonight but not a real forward more an inside inside centre.

Hayne needs to be in there and as Kiwi said get Tamou in there.
It's pretty hard for our halves to fire when the forwards don't perform NSW got bashed tonight.
Merritt was ****e and will be his first and last origin.

Pearce is a far, far better chance of performing in game 3 than Reynolds, at 1-1 you stick with the best the option and if the job doesn't get done then next year you reassess things. I just can't see that a new guy coming in and having to learn all the plays and patterns will help things

Tamou will come back in, but I wouldn't be throwing Woods away, in his 1st stint they had 0 ball to work with, I like Tim Grant though and always wanted him there.

Campese is barely back after 2 years out, I always backed Carney to be the 6 and thought they made a big mistake, but I wouldn't flick Maloney based on 1 effort tonight when he was so good in game 1

Screaming for wholesale changes on the back of tonight's result is as silly as the people saying that Qld were too old, Thurston is done etc after the game 1 result

And why was gift hanging with the QLDers on the bench all night?!!!!

Yeah but Nah I just went rant over merrit's performance. But Pearce is in his last season as Nsw halfback injury not withstanding. And give me idris over centre Morris any day. Wing Morris can stay. But Lewis on the bench Hoffman on the bus home. A real worker (like brad Clyde style) in the back row and at least one older head in the front (not gallen a bloke who has played there a bit) we could be good. Lacked punch tonight except fifita and merrin( who I always thought was over rated til this season).

Merritt isn't the reason NSW lost. NSW forwards were out-enthused in the first half and NSW halves were not up to the job of pulling the team back in the game.

Big changes would be a mistake. They won the first game, don't forget. Pearce will stay but it will be his last chance, surely.

Tough for the halves to get a good game going on when your forwards are getting rolled. They didn't show any spark anyhow.

Morris was outstanding defending Inglis all night. Not sure why he is copping ****.

Also... Stewart will be back. Hayne to the wing. Winners!

Dan said:
Hayne would have made a massive difference. The only time I noticed we had wingers or centres was when merrit let try after try after try in.

Farrah one good kick for that try but otherwise he has been slow and sleepy from hooker looks like he has a neck or bsck problem.

Dugan needs to hit holes not go around. Halves went missing because our forwards were invisible

This may get me howled down, but..... Farrah's only good game at SOO level was driven by a one off emotion

Yeah Hayne back in for Merritt. Leave dugan in fhe team. Defensively Merritt was poor. Thurston targrted him all night.

In reference to the OP is there any reason Ferguson wont be back by then? If not Uate or Jorge would be better or even Dugan.

Hayne back to fullback.

Tamou back into the side and woods/grant to take reynolds position.

leave the rest.

Farrah/coach will learn from that in reference to his kicking etc.

Still see Hoffman as the extra man but can't think of too many to take his place

I think Ferguson was suspended for 4 weeks and his trial is the day before origin 3.

Reynolds out for Grant. Hayne has to be in the team somewhere.

Dan said:

I was going to post something similar:

If merritt wants to play in the forwards so much....let him bulk up.

Then I saw the coach friggen asked him to do it!

...The Maroons targeted Merritt by sending plenty of ball down his side of the field, Daley admitting it was his coaching decision for the winger to come off his edge in defence which allowed Darius Boyd plenty of room to move out wide.

And you still look like a moron when you rush in and miss the tackle, or the ball has already been passed on.

*stamp* Never to play origin again.

globaleagle said:
Dan said:

I was going to post something similar:

If merritt wants to play in the forwards so much....let him bulk up.

Then I saw the coach friggen asked him to do it!

...The Maroons targeted Merritt by sending plenty of ball down his side of the field, Daley admitting it was his coaching decision for the winger to come off his edge in defence which allowed Darius Boyd plenty of room to move out wide.

And you still look like a moron when you rush in and miss the tackle, or the ball has already been passed on.

*stamp* Never to play origin again.

A wingers defence is normally decided by his centre, so I'm guessing the gameplan would have been that they expected Inglis to see a ****load more ball, so Morris would jam in on him and Merritt would have to follow. The plan is fine if the players are good enough for it, Merritt wasn't though.

We use a similar thing out wide this season, Lyon is charging in to make tackles a lot and most of the time we are good enough to cover it

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Merritt isn't the reason NSW lost. NSW forwards were out-enthused in the first half and NSW halves were not up to the job of pulling the team back in the game.

Big changes would be a mistake. They won the first game, don't forget. Pearce will stay but it will be his last chance, surely.

Merrit conceded two trys from very very poor defence and positional play. If there had been a better winger there, there would have been 12 fewer points scored by Qld and NSW might have had a chance to pull it out.

Technically speaking you are right, but the correct term is that Merrit isn't the ONLY reason NSW lost, but he single handedly contributed massively. If he is there in game 3, then it will certainly be game over, because he is an almost certain 12 points per game for Qld.

So, you keep the same strategy going for how many tries?

duh x infinity + 1

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4