P. Hiku

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Why cant everyone see that we need him as our starting hooker and Balin off the bench. He defends well and earns lots of penalties in the play the ball, he HAS a shortkicking game and is energetic. By playing him at 9 he can cover the entire backline if we get injuries mid game with Ballin coming on when the game gets tight.

He is a defensive liability at centre or wing, it is shown time and time again. Other teams have noticed it and there is always more tries scored down whatever side he is defending on. If Snake leaves, then he'd probably be our 1st choice fullback which is probably his best position.

When was he a defensive liability at centre?

And yes he has been defensively all at sea on the wing.....but when every Manly winger does exactly the same thing (coming in and leaving a gap out wide), that points to a structural problem with those inside of them. Or that is how they are being told to do things which would be another problem.

And yes he has been defensively all at sea on the wing.....but when every Manly winger does exactly the same thing (coming in and leaving a gap out wide), that points to a structural problem with those inside of them. Or that is how they are being told to do things which would be another problem.

Which is also a legacy from Hasler. That winger rushing in thing isn't on Tooves.

Not fixing it however may be on Tooves.
One thing Des DID like doing, was having some spark off the bench at Dummy 1/2. We had Dunley / Le'Strange / Monaghan amongst others in that role, and it worked amazingly well for us. Toovey's fascination with Hasson totally amazes me - is he a family friend or something?

One thing Des DID like doing, was having some spark off the bench at Dummy 1/2. We had Dunley / Le'Strange / Monaghan amongst others in that role, and it worked amazingly well for us. Toovey's fascination with Hasson totally amazes me - is he a family friend or something?
Illegitimate son (allegedly) ;) And yes the lady in question was 7 foot tall...

Exactly, Tom T will probably be called a liability in a few weeks as well, even thoigh he is the flavour of the month at the moment

I thing that I have always wondered when I read "why doesn't he stay on his wing" after a try is scored, is what would be said if he held his spot on the sideline and let the centre inside stroll over. Probably too lazy to come off his wing or something similar

The reason why the wingers on that side get caught out so much is that it is most teams favoured attacking side and if they can get a quick play the ball it can be easy to outstrip a team numbers wise down that edge

Exactly, Tom T will probably be called a liability in a few weeks as well, even thoigh he is the flavour of the month at the moment

I thing that I have always wondered when I read "why doesn't he stay on his wing" after a try is scored, is what would be said if he held his spot on the sideline and let the centre inside stroll over. Probably too lazy to come off his wing or something similar

The reason why the wingers on that side get caught out so much is that it is most teams favoured attacking side and if they can get a quick play the ball it can be easy to outstrip a team numbers wise down that edge

Kiwi there are already people having a go at him after the weekend.

I was wondering if there are any players in the team at the moment that someone has not called for their head? Maybe jake T is the only one? Even Donny S, Johns have had threads calling for their heads

Kiwi there are already people having a go at him after the weekend.

I was wondering if there are any players in the team at the moment that someone has not called for their head? Maybe jake T is the only one? Even Donny S, Johns have had threads calling for their heads

The lynch mob work quick these days !!

Hope not. He and his brother are amazing. Heck, in a perfect world, Tom gets one / two weeks this year, and is blooded slowly and carefully.

Just unique talents, and both SHOULD be making mistakes.

But yeah, people complained about Brown, Lussick, Myles signings before they have even stepped onto Brooky Oval, yet I'm apparently negative all the time.

People keep telling me how poor a head coach Barrett will be, get pissed off and start abuse when I ask them how they came to that theory.

Either way, the boards have become completely acidic, which I guess is a result of our form on and off the park. We just cannibalize each other.

Even when we are having a laugh, and light hearted banter, some bloke trauls in and attacks someone in an unprovoked manner (see @Top End Eagle ).

I don't get it at all anymore. Used to be able to laugh, discuss, debate and enjoy the place without somr bloke asking to meet you at Brookie for a knuckle. Siiiigh.

The game day thread from last Friday night had a lynch mob because of the amount of times Tom came off his wing looking for an intercept. But coming in off their wing seems to be a common problem with all Manly wingers.

Jorge was blasted on here for it over the past 2 years. Blair, same thing, and Hiku has copped it many times and same with the Wolfman before him.

This year alone I can remember calls for Tooves to drop Snake, Jorge, Killer, Skivy, Hiku, Foran, DCE, Mason, Ballin, Burgess, Horo, Lui, Hasson, Blair, Wiliame.......and that is just off the top of my head.

If we dropped everyone after a bad game or two we'd be trotting out the U/20's team to play first grade.

I think Hiku is a decent enough Centre and will get better over time. Just give him some time, I remember how hopeless in defence the young Matai was and now look at him.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6