Overseas Sporting Events - What have you been to ??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ChuckWood

Reserve Grader
With the World Club Challenge & Superbowl matches only days away , I'd be interested to know what overseas sporting events anyone has attended.

I haven't been to any sporting fixtures in Europe , but have been to the following:

L.A Raiders vs Denver Broncos @ L.A Colliseum (NFL)
San Francisco Giants vs L.A Dodgers @ 3 Com Park (Baseball)
Pensacola vs Mobile in Pensacola Florida ( Ice Hockey )

& a personal highlight for me was in 1997 when we were staying a few nights in Las Vegas , we managed to get some tickets for a boxing title fight between Oscar De La Hoya & Hector Camacho at the Thomas & Mack Center , Caesars Palace. The fight went the distance & Butterbean was on the undercard.

Also spent some time in Brazil a few years back & we went past the famous Maracana Stadium in Rio De Janeiro. This stadium amazingly held 199,854 spectators for the 1950 Soccer World Cup Final.

Anyone been to Wembley , Lords , Old Trafford , Wimbledon , any cricket , league tours ??

Sadly the SCG is the best I have done though I did get to see Phoenix Suns play the Atlanta Hawks and the Arizona State University play University of Southern California in American Footy.

I was at the Cathy Freeman night at the Olympics and one of my kids ran with the torch two days before Sydney and was in the closing ceremony!!!

When i was in colorado a few years back there was a world cup half pipe womens event on for boarders. Far more extreme when you are up close.

Ive also seen some ski jumping in finland - those ****ers are crazy

And i was involved in the woodlans football club cristmas party in 2001.

The Vanuatu golf open.

No I'm not making it up, it was on when I was over there and had a look for about an hour, not exactly a thrilling spectator event

In 1992 I went to Sri Lanka and watched the 2nd test and an 1 day international in Colombo.

In 1994 I went to the LA Coliseum to watch the NFL LA Raiders play the Houston Oilers - both teams have since moved cities

I have been to Longchamp (Paris), Ascot (near London) and the Curragh (Ireland) to watch the GGs. All fantastic experiences. Stayed in a B&B right on the track at the Curragh and watched the early morning gallops over a cuppa before walking a few hundred metres to a day of serious punting.

I went to a less than legal club in thailand and saw an interesting sport that involved roosters.

I think I went to the same club in Patpong Rd but they were playing table tennis without the bats

I would never go and see cock fighting (to be honest, I think it's an absolutely disgusting act of cruelty) but hey, I'm not here to argue... I had enough of that when 'discussing' bull fighting with a Spanish friend of mine.

Anyway, what I was going to say was that I am amazed at just how big that whole thing is. We went on a tour in Tahiti and we drove past a huge barn (almost the size of a warehouse). There were hundreds of cars spread out around this building... I was dumbstruck as to how big it is...

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6