Our Wins so far

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagle007

Reserve Grader
I haven't given up on this team , I still think we have a good chance of going back to back, however now that I'm watching the warriors/canberra game just got me thinking, the two wins we have scored have been from two of the biggest flop teams of the season so far.

I'll be goin to brooky tommorrow to hopefully cheer our boys on to a win, however if we lose its gonna be pretty gloomy. We cannot afford to take the Panthers lightly as I don't think they are pushovers.

If the unthinkable happens and we lose what will this mean for our season so far?

Pre-season, most here on the Forum suggested we may be 2 from 5, but the 2 was going to be from Sharkies and Parra.
After the 2 wins in succession, assuming these were the two pre-season favourites, we thought that we were going b2b easily.
What a turn around of events!

The three pre-season favourites, Tiggers, Worriers and us are all in the bottom third of the ladder.
Are we still heading for b2b premiers? I hope so.

At the moment, putting all excuses aside legitimate and otherwise, it seems the the Warriors, Tigers and Sea Eagles have had their balloon burst and the confidence is being blown all over the place. Let's see who picks up the pieces first and regroups...

I thought our first two wins were great. We are just running out of troops. Losing trex and the week to week injuries are the killers. The same for any team.

We had our chances to win against all three, Goons, Flake and Slime. It's the lack of troops, as Narly suggests, that is killing us. Lyon steels the defense, T-Rex makes the busts and Glenn links up with the outside guys. Losing any, or all of those three, is a disruption. The remaining troops need to get their attitude right, grab those opportunities and start to win.

Yes, the lack of troops is hurting us and we could have won the games we lost, but there's no hiding the fact that our defence has been terrible - no intensity whatsoever. Until we start sticking in tackles and defending with a little intent, we'll be caught short again and again. Penrith have played some good games this season (and some very ordinary games, too) and we'll need to be at our best to beat them.
I always figured the hardest part about going back to back would be maintaining the desire to win at all costs - to do the little things every minute of every game that will eventually land you a premiership. Maybe the players are happy enough being 2011 Premiers.

Sumdumguy said:
Eels v Knights today was a mistakathon, makes our form look ordinary.

I thought the same thing, SDG; how could we lose to Parra after watching them squander the amount of plays they did today. I shake my head:huh:

captainskin said:
Sumdumguy said:
Eels v Knights today was a mistakathon, makes our form look ordinary.

I thought the same thing, SDG; how could we lose to Parra after watching them squander the amount of plays they did today. I shake my head:huh:
Good question 'skin. Why not ask the Manly team that took the field last week? Hopefully they've been shaking their heads all week. I know I have!

Weve been pretty poor and we were lucky to beat the tigers and the warriors. Im not too convinced this year. our forwards are poor especially lussic and king. Not sure why Rose is out looks like toovey is a stubborn coach maybe not up to it.

Terry-Randal said:
Weve been pretty poor and we were lucky to beat the tigers and the warriors. Im not too convinced this year. our forwards are poor especially lussic and king. Not sure why Rose is out looks like toovey is a stubborn coach maybe not up to it.

Sometimes, I think the backs get all the glory and the forwards get all the blame. Personally I don't think our halves should be real happy with their contribution in the last three games....Foran may well be playing with an injury and that's fair enough but DCE has just been upgraded to the tune of $500,000...I thought he'd be jumping out of his skin.

We are in big big trouble tomorrow night. If that parra team can run over us then Penriff will put 50 on us. No T Rex,Gift or Foz means we will be running on very limited attack. Unless we can grind out a defensive game and luck in by a couple of points it may get very embarrassing. As for the Storm the further away before we play them the better. They could put 100 on our ****ty defense.

I think the boys will put in a cracker of a performance on Monday night, coming off the back of three losses, our first home game, they'll be up for a big one.

manlyfan. said:
Terry-Randal said:

Sometimes, I think the backs get all the glory and the forwards get all the blame. Personally I don't think our halves should be real happy with their contribution in the last three games....

I think that's a fair assessment, they've been outplayed

What it shows in my eyes is that technically we execute poorly in attack even during the good years on top of poor go forward structures. It's been an issue for way too long for such a star studded team---our flaws make our general season games too much of a grind that eventually takes it's toll on troops.

Our good points are more in relation to fast line speed and defensive attitude combined with second phase play when our go forward is making inroads. If our attitude is down just a notch we get punished due to not killing off teams with clinical attack---yes we are down on troops and that has not helped but using that excuse is glossing over many other issues.

Our style of play is conducive to good results when it counts(semi final footy) it's not efficient and clinical enough for constant wins year after year during a season and it's the reason why we never become minor premiers.(yes we have had a good 5 yrs but not to the same extent as the storm or dragons to be streets ahead for the minor premiership) The good side of the equation is if we make the top 4 our high intensive physical style is best suited for semi final pressure footy and we all know we have many more gears up our sleeve.

Too many people last year were raving on about how DCE is already equal to or ahead of Cronk---he still has a long way to go. When you consider we have two top notch halves one of the best hookers and one of the best Fullbacks yet we still struggle to execute as clinically as the Storms three big guns.

It's why i never feel comfortable when we play the Dragons at their defensive best as our attacking structures are not good enough. Storm rely on 3 big guns and have less big names all over the park yet our attack during the regular season is no match with 4 big guns and internationals all over the park.

If we make the top 4 we have the gears up our sleeve to go back to back but our style of play makes it hard to be physcially fit for the rigours of general season games year after year.

I agree with TC. The truth hurts but he is 100% correct.

Attack in opponents 20 has been very poor this season. Decoy running is non existant and with 2 international halves it's a real shame.

The bookies seem to believe we'll come good. Still third line of betting behind Melbourne and Brisbane for the Premiership.

Been waiting for you TC. So much that I actually read your post, whereas often I can't bring myself to do that, straight away, if at all. I commend your use of short paragraphs :)

ps The form-line through Sharks and Illawarra doesn't make us look too bad just now. The Eels was always going to be their match of the year, unfortunately. We aren't great yet, but I expect us to have a clear win over Penrith tonight.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Been waiting for you TC. So much that I actually read your post, whereas often I can't bring myself to do that, straight away, if at all. I commend your use of short paragraphs :)

ps The form-line through Sharks and Illawarra doesn't make us look too bad just now. The Eels was always going to be their match of the year, unfortunately. We aren't great yet, but I expect us to have a clear win over Penrith tonight.

So basically what your saying is most times you don't read my posts lol----i always use paragraphs.

It's all good...

Great post Tech Coach.

We are not the team that blows teams off the park with fluent attack and champagne footy. This is the main reason we fly under the radar. We leave misguided fans from opposing teams saying stupid comments like "your team is not that good, we could have beat you". These same fans share the same attitude as many of the clubs they follow. Tigers, Parra, Souths, Cowboys, Tigers again - take your pick. Its a loser mentality which they cannot shake. Luckily we and our team don't have their problem. We won many games last year without getting into 4th gear. This was the best indication of future success. Win ugly but still win. No matter who we played.

Please don't get me wrong, we did score plenty of tries last year (the most i belieive) and flexed our muscles on more than 1 occassion.

Once we return to making 50 metres on each set, kicking deep and attacking with our defence like we do best, we will return to the top 4. I think we can and i think we will. Injuries depending.

I worry about our prop rotation and our bench but then again, the same guys have done it before.

Oh, and hopefully the boys take there jumping shoes to Brookie, Walsh hasn't worked out that he is allowed to pass the ball so he just kicks everytime....

I'll be there...can't wait...GO MANLY!!

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8