Our Team in 2015

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Heres my team for 2015:

1. B.Stewart
2. C.Blair
3. J.Lyon
4. S.Matai
5. P.Hiku
6. K.Foran
7. DCE
8. J.Starling
9. M.Ballin
10. BJ
11. A.Watmough/T.Symonds
12. J.Horo
13. J.Buhrer

14. J.Taufua (backrow interchange)
15. Z.Tetevano
16. JSL
17. D.Lui

18. J.Hasson/J.Hodges

I think its time we move Jorge into the backrow, he is big and strong enough to play there and with the amounts of linebreaks he can have he also has a bit of toe to go with it.
Id keep Horo there in the 12 because for 75% of this season he had a handy combo on the short sides with Foran, i didnt understand why after his suspension he was playing off the bench and coincidentally thats when his form slipped a bit too.

I don't know about Choccy, if he stays (meaning the Eels can't fit him in for 2015) it would not surprise me for him to have a big year.

I think he's done what he wanted to do (if he in fact did even do it).

If he goes all well and good, if he stays all well and good.

Some very valid points here.

Jorge's issues with the bomb are fairly evident. The question is, can they be rectified ? I hope so because ultimately, we can't afford to give the opposition an option to put points on us like this. It was obvious to me that Jorge never fully recovered from the injury he picked in the 9's (and others along the way). He was nowhere near as damaging running the ball back as he was in 2013. And with Blair being so solid, the pressure is on him, big time.

Secondly, I was one that thought the departure of Choc would have been announced by now. The longer it goes, the more I begin to think he might be there in 2015 (Cue media release, he's going....:p). If indeed he was a major destabilising factor in our season, this can't happen next year. One premiership campaign urinated up against the wall is enough. He needs to be on board and told so in no uncertain terms.

I don't think we can afford to be carrying a smaller guy on the bench. The way the game is played these days with one gorilla replacing another in short bursts, we'd be putting ourselves at a disadvantage. (For what it's worth, I think the interchanges should be cut to 5, but that's another thread)

I firmly believe we have the squad to win in 2015 barring the lottery that is injuries.

My early prediction is Blake Leary to run left side backrower off Foz & have a great season.

Anyone who doesn't think that a Manly side with Choc, Gift, Ballin, Buhrer & a fit and in form Wolfman wouldn't have beaten the dogs and riff and be playing Sunday?

Mark from Brisbane said:
I don't know about Choccy, if he stays (meaning the Eels can't fit him in for 2015) it would not surprise me for him to have a big year.

I think he's done what he wanted to do (if he in fact did even do it).

If he goes all well and good, if he stays all well and good.

He will play really well up to the point he signs with Parramatta, then he will go Mia or get injured.

01. Brett Stewart
02. Cheyse Blair
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. Peta Hiku
06. Kieran Foran
07. DCE
08. Brenton Lawrence
09. Matt Ballin
10. Josh Starling
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Justin Horo
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Tom Symonds
15. Dunamis Lui
16. Jesse sene lefao
17. Zane tetevano

All these teams are missing the piece or pieces we were desperately needing this year.We are desperate for a aggressive BIG front rower who pins head back & runs straight up the guts time & time again..

^^ Didnt rate him at all this year ,seems like he came back from injury fat & unfit.
He lost all his attacking prowess ..

Cliffy said:
Still need a.front rower with some size.

I agree, Tetavano is not a big front rower. He is 107kg's and 186cm tall. That's not a big front rower. He is in the same mould as Toovey seems to go for and which failed us this season. We need a Josh Perry type, that's what we were missing in 2007 and his arrival is why we were so dominant in 2008. He was 132kg's and 185cm tall, now that's a proper front rower.

Ralphie said:
Cliffy said:
Still need a.front rower with some size.

I agree, Tetavano is not a big front rower. He is 107kg's and 186cm tall. That's not a big front rower. He is in the same mould as Toovey seems to go for and which failed us this season. We need a Josh Perry type, that's what we were missing in 2007 and his arrival is why we were so dominant in 2008. He was 132kg's and 185cm tall, now that's a proper front rower.

I don't think our strategy with our forwards was a complete failure. Where we failed was against Souths whom completely blew the rorters pack off the field last week as well. Our pack minus it's first pick back row and without Matty Ballin matched it and in the second half got on top of the bulldogs pack.
I would however like to to see some more punch which we do need however the it does not mean we need 120kg giants to archive this.

1 B Stewart / C Gutherson / P Hiku
2 J Taufua / C Blair
3 J Lyon
4 S Matai / B Wiliame
5 P Hiku
6 K Foran
7 DCE
8 B Lawrence
9 M Ballin
10 W Mason / J Starling
11 F Mateo / T Symonds
12 J Horo
13 J Buhrer

14 T Symonds / F Mateo / J Hodges
15 J Starling / W Mason
16 J Sene Lefao / D Lui
17 S Vave/ J Hasson / J Trbjevic

others Z Tetevano/ J Littlejohn/ E Lauaki/ MChee Kam/

I would imagine we will line up this way
1.snake 2. Gutherson 3. Matai 4. Lyon 5.hiku 6. Foran 7. Dce
13. Buhrer 12. Symonds 11. Mateo 10. Mason 9. Ballin 8. Lawerence
Bench vave, JSL, jake t, Starling.

1 - Stewart
2 - Taufua
3 - Matai
4 - Lyon
5 - Hiku
6 - Foran
7- DCE
8 - Mason
9 - Ballin
10 - Starling
11 - Lawrence
12 - Mateo
13 - Buhrer

RES
14 - Vave
15 - Trjobovic
16 - Hodges
17 - Symonds

This time last year No Hiku imo, but has proven a good enough footballer to get a start, makes up for not being a speedster with hard honest footy & a neat step.
Always seen Lawrence as a potential backrower running at the edges to utilise his speed & agaility, with these new signings its possible...
Trjobovic will be ready in 2015 & Hodges off the bench playing behind these boppers is welcome to add spark off the bench...

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4