Our Team in 2015

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Silver Eagle

Reserve Grader
How does everyone think our line up will look next year with the signings so far

Heres mine

1 B Stewart / C Guterson
2 J Taufua / C Blair
3 J Lyon (c)
4 S Matai
5 P Hiku
6 K Foran
7 DCE
8 B Lawrence
9 M Ballin
10 J Starling / L Sao / Z Tetevano
11 T Symonds/ D Lui / M Chee Kam
12 J Horo
13 J Buhrer / T Symonds

14 J Hodges / J Littlejohn
15 E Lauki
16 J Trobjevic
17 J Sene Lafeo / D Lui / J Hasson

Silver Eagle said:
How does everyone think our line up will look next year with the signings so far

Heres mine

1 B Stewart / C Guterson
2 C Blair
3 J Lyon (c)
4 S Matai
5 P Hiku
6 K Foran
7 DCE
8 B Lawrence
9 M Ballin
10 J Starling
12 J Horo
13 J Buhrer / T Symonds

14 J Hodges
15 J Taufua
16 J Trobjevic

Tetevano will have a spot, and Mason might also be there.

1. Snake
2. Taufua (will bounce back)
3. Lyon
4. Matai
5. Hiku
6. Foz
7. DCE

8. Tetevano (the kind of 110+kg monster we need in the opening exchanges)
9. Ballin
10.Lawrence
11.Symonds
12.Buhrer
13.Watmough (will be here next year, 2016 with the Eels)

14.Starling (not enough impact to start, better from the bench)
15.Sene-Lefao
16.Lui
17.Hodges (10 minutes either side of half time to run tired forwards off their feet)

We can win a competition with that 17. The following players to provide cover;

Horo (too many errors)
Hasson
Chee Kam
Blair
Trobjevic

Obviously subject to change but as it stands

1 B Stewart
2 C Gutherson
3 J Lyon ©
4 S Matai
5 P Hiku
6 K Foran
7 DCE
8 B Lawrence
9 M Ballin
10 J Starling
11 A Watmough
12 J Horo
13 J Buhrer

14 T Symonds
15 D Lui
16 J Trobjevic
17 J Sene Lafeo

If Watmough goes then Symonds starts and Tetavano/Leary/Chee Kam comes in.......I'm not convinced on Hasson

There are a lot of uncertainties regarding team selections for next year, but one thing I am certain of, is Taufua will be there. I don't think there is even a slim chance that the club will let a player of his worth and talent rot in NSW Cup. He is a high profile player at the club and right or wrong, I think you'll find the club will give him every chance to hit form again next season.

Silver Eagle said:

Heres mine

1 B Stewart / C Guterson
2 C Blair
3 J Lyon (c)
4 S Matai
5 P Hiku
6 K Foran
7 DCE
8 B Lawrence
9 M Ballin
10 J Starling
12 J Horo
13 J Buhrer / T Symonds

14 J Hodges
15 J Taufua
16 J Trobjevic

Do you think the pinkies will notice we have 3 blokes in the 11 jersey ?

That sucker must be a 25XL.............:p

Hope Jake T gets a taste early in the year.
Knights fans are stoked to see the back of Tetavano, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt but not too excited about him. I thought the same about Lui and think he was awesome for us off the bench.

Snake said:
There are a lot of uncertainties regarding team selections for next year, but one thing I am certain of, is Taufua will be there. I don't think there is even a slim chance that the club will let a player of his worth and talent rot in NSW Cup. He is a high profile player at the club and right or wrong, I think you'll find the club will give him every chance to hit form again next season.

I think a position change into the back row would be a sensation, quality hit up's with speed! So much potential. Loves to run the footy !

eagle40 said:
Snake said:

I think a position change into the back row would be a sensation, quality hit up's with speed! So much potential. Loves to run the footy !

I politely disagree.

I think he is a fine winger, that played most of the year injured, and hit a rough spot toward the end of the season. We have heaps of back rowers at the club that are better options in the position. If we keep Watmough, and Buhrer maintains his form from last year, along with Symonds who I think is one of the most improved young players in the game, we have close the best backrow in the competition. Chuck JSL and Lui in the mix off the bench and we are well served!

My team and the positives and negatives to it:

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. Peta Hiku
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daley Cherry-Evans
08. Brenton Lawrence
09. Matt Ballin
10. Josh Starling
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Tom Symonds
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Jayden Hodges
16. Jese Sene-Lefao
17. Dunamis Lui
18. Justin Horo

Positives:
- If we remain injury free, this IS a top team
- One more year of chemistry / combination
- Only way is up for Taufua
- Depth is getting closer to 1st grade quality

Negatives:
- Disruptive players are still there poisoning the culture
- Toovey needs to change the playing style
- Forwards are slow immobile and soft

Agree Ryan, that is our strongest line up as it stands at the moment. Unfortunately I don't think Tooves will give Hodges a bench spot. I'm wondering if Blair can make the transition into the back row for a bench spot ? He's a big enough unit and could be used like Corey Oates at Broncos, or kyle turner at rabbits.

Ryan said:

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. Peta Hiku
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daley Cherry-Evans
08. Brenton Lawrence
09. Matt Ballin
10. Josh Starling
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Tom Symonds
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Jayden Hodges
16. Jese Sene-Lefao
17. Dunamis Lui
18. Justin Horo

Positives:

Negatives:

The scary thing is if that side was fit 100% and no injuries we easily win the comp with that team you named this year. I am assuming that there would be no player disharmony- no internal fighting and everyone is on board

But we all know how this year turned out.

2015 start fresh and with a clean slate and let's get back to playing the brand of footy we saw in the 2nd half against the dogs and earlier on this season.

We will take a few years to get back to the big dance but we will and we once again we will be premiers of the NRL.

davohan123 said:
Ryan said:

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. Peta Hiku
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daley Cherry-Evans
08. Brenton Lawrence
09. Matt Ballin
10. Josh Starling
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Tom Symonds
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Jayden Hodges
16. Jese Sene-Lefao
17. Dunamis Lui
18. Justin Horo

Positives:

Negatives:

The scary thing is if that side was fit 100% and no injuries we easily win the comp with that team you named this year. I am assuming that there would be no player disharmony- no internal fighting and everyone is on board

2015 start fresh and with a clean slate and let's get back to playing the brand of footy we saw in the 2nd half against the dogs and earlier on this season.

We will take a few years to get back to the big dance but we will and we once again we will be premiers of the NRL.

I dunno mate, if the team all pull in the same direction, and are having fun and the desire, I dont see why we cant win the whole thing next year.

A few tweeks by Toovey, no off field bs, the fans only complaint is maybe sub par performance from time to time, bobs your uncle - minor premiers and playing in a gf.

Funny thing is we have all the tools. We just need the appropriate tradesmen to use them properly.

I like the idea of Hodges off the bench but don't see tooves (and possibly Ballin who just wants to be on the field) agreeing to it.

Suspect that Tetevano will take that bench spot for round 1 barring injuries of course

I'm one who believes Taufua doesn't have the skills to be a top-class winger the way the game has evolved. Have you closely watched him in the warm-ups preparing to catch bombs? He's not a natural, and I unfortunately think his confidence is shot. Jumping to catch/diffuse bombs is, arguably, the most important skill today's wingers need.
He can re-invent himself as a hard running forward. Plenty of players have made the transition. I'm certainly not writing him off, I just feel he's no longer suited to a backline position.

davohan123 said:

I can't agree that this side wins the comp easily. We'd be competitive, no doubt, but we wouldn't be head and shoulders above the pack. We are a good impact forward or two short for mine. Someone who can really punch holes and offload. We didn't have ONE forward who made the top 20 for either hitups or offloads in season 2014. We need more oomph through the middle or edges.

Ryan said:
davohan123 said:
Ryan said:

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. Peta Hiku
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daley Cherry-Evans
08. Brenton Lawrence
09. Matt Ballin
10. Josh Starling
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Tom Symonds
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Jayden Hodges
16. Jese Sene-Lefao
17. Dunamis Lui
18. Justin Horo

Positives:

Negatives:

I dunno mate, if the team all pull in the same direction, and are having fun and the desire, I dont see why we cant win the whole thing next year.

A few tweeks by Toovey, no off field bs, the fans only complaint is maybe sub par performance from time to time, bobs your uncle - minor premiers and playing in a gf.

Funny thing is we have all the tools. We just need the appropriate tradesmen to use them properly.

I disagree if Watmouth stays in 2015. There will simply be a repeat (if not worse) of the leaving saga all over again.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8