Our run to the finals

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
Eels (A) we should win this one
Bulldogs(H) as above
Storm(H) we win a tight one
Broncos(A) Away 50/50 hopefully spoil lockyer's farewell

We finish on 42 points

We need good wins over the eels and dogs. Having said that, dropping a game won't hurt us just before the finals.

Storm run

Titans (A) storm win but hoping for upset
Dragons (h) Dragons win i hope
Seagles (A) we win
roosters (A) after yesterdays effort storm win

Storm finish on 42 points

F/A determine the minor premiership.

Disagree.

I think the shield will be Melbourne's by 2, possibly 4.

We'll beat them at Brookie but they'll beat the Dragons the week before basically sealing the deal. If that happens and we are still 2 ahead of the Broncos before the last round I would send only half our main squad to Brisbane with some of our younger boys. Rest Gifty, Choc and give Lussick and Harrison/Robinson some big game experience.

I don't want the Broncs to win but if there is nothing we can do about them beating us to a pulp for Lockyer, the best we can do is keep the injury and suspension (Matai ;) ) prone at home and get them training for the next week game...especially if we are set to get the Dragons or the Tigers in Round 1.

Second thought, we can't rest Gifty as he's our Dally M hope. Damn it!!

The onle way the Purples would not get the minor premiership was Titans upsetting them which evaporated the moment Prince got injured.
As long as the Seaeagles go into the finals with no further injuries we are in a very, very good place......2nd & flying down the outside with 50 to go!!

love to see the titans get up over them and make last few weeks a little more interesting, now they have a chance to skip up out of the wooden spoon, i think they'll step up.. whether that's enough or not, who knows... the storm probably don't want to be going into the finals on a 13-14 game streak either. love to see them win a tight extra time bashfest against dragons. i'd rather be playing them after a tight win, than a loss

Jono said:

Yes we can. All that matters is the Premiership. Dally M's , Minor Premierships etc are just a bonus if you get them. As long as Manly win the premiership nothing else matters

bones said:
Jono said:

Yes we can. All that matters is the Premiership. Dally M's , Minor Premierships etc are just a bonus if you get them. As long as Manly win the premiership nothing else matters
Bones just reading this thread mate and I'm concerned if we run to finals surely the players will be out of energy. Wouldn't a bus be better ;)

bones said:
Jono said:

Try telling that to Glenn! :)

Jono said:
I don't want the Broncs to win but if there is nothing we can do about them beating us to a pulp for Lockyer, the best we can do is keep the injury and suspension (Matai ;) ) prone at home and get them training for the next week game...especially if we are set to get the Dragons or the Tigers in Round 1.

So, let me get this straight: We tank against Brisbane because they are going to beat us to a pulp? Do we then get the first draft pick like AFL?

Geeze. With confidence like this why not just forfeit the match?

Des won't do that, he did in 2007 but didn't in 2008.

I expect a full strength side against the Donkeys and remember "we always win in Queensland...we always win in Queensland" (that part is usually sung by the MWTS in the hallways at Suncorp after each game)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4