Our missing players vs last night

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Fans will always be divided into glass-half-empty and glass-half-full personalities. We just have to remember to respect everyone else's opinion. And if you can't understand why anyone would be so optimistic, or so pessimistic, don't let it get to you. It doesn't make them wrong, or idiots (even though they might just be both). And never, ever forget that the ignore button is your friend.
Good one Ron. I took a double dose of your last paragraph. It’s not a case of being wrong or right for me, but just pure frustration. After the game I was just on one big time. I wanted scalps, Nathan Brown-style. The red mist had definitely set in. I still believe the foundation to the things I said about Seibold, but maybe it was one of those times I should have given myself the 24 hour Silvertails ban before ripping in.

The bye has come at a great time for the team. And from a health point of view good for the team and my blood pressure.

I think it’s time for a mid season "Kumbaya" moment. :party:

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
They were missing some key players, though the attack was horrible, Brown did his best and was the lone soldier for me offensively.

Brooks had his worst game in a Manly jumper didn’t own the game like he could have, the team have won without Turbo, though without DCE it’s going to be a hard ask.

Still think they make the eight, though the Knights game the team will have origin players out and they will have Ponga back.

Mestrov for me has question marks on him with the failed recruitment of a backrower after the Schuster sacking, some rumours that Horse is a target but he is still under contract.

Jerry1

First Grader
The days of Manly being a powerhouse are gone, long gone.

Get use to it.

Yes I agree 100% with your sentiment and reasons but things have changed.

Maybe a lot of fans have only come along for the ride because we were so great for so long. That always happens, look at St George, Souths, Roosters, Bulldogs, Eels, and Panthers how many of their fans "signed up" during the good times.

LIke many, I thought the good times would never end. For the first 40 years of my following this club there was only about 5 seasons (Northern Eagles included) when I thought we had no hope of winning the comp.

Now for 10 consecutive seasons I have had little hope of Grand Final success, except fleetingly in 2021. In that time we have won 2 post season matches, I repeat two finals wins in 10 seasons. Actually for most of that period not really thinking we could even make the 8. Here are the results just to refresh the memories of all

2015 9th
2016 13th
2017 6th
2018 15th
2019 6th
2020 13th
2021 4th
2022 11th
2023 12th

So my question is after we get beaten by a mere 14 points with our team missing a dozen players why are people feeling so much pain. Its not new, it wasn't unexpected.

My love for the team is not what it was 15 years ago. But I support the players that take the field every week just as much as I did in 1978 or 2011.

Try to enjoy the ride, its bumpy, its not what it was but they are still Manly.
My point is that if you hire a coach with a proven track record of failure then that’s what you are likely to continue to get.
I wave my flag every week but since that numpty Penn got control of the club we’ve been on the slide.

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
My point is that if you hire a coach with a proven track record of failure then that’s what you are likely to continue to get.
I wave my flag every week but since that numpty Penn got control of the club we’ve been on the slide.

Yeah I couldnt agree more.

But I think we stopped sliding a few seasons ago, unfortunately we bottomed out with 3 club all time greats on the roster.

The front office and coaching for the last 10 season have been a complete farce. I think Des tried but he should never been re-hired.

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Yeah I couldnt agree more.

But I think we stopped sliding a few seasons ago, unfortunately we bottomed out with 3 club all time greats on the roster.

The front office and coaching for the last 10 season have been a complete farce. I think Des tried but he should never been re-hired.

The common denominator is pretty damn obvious.

DanielLehi888

Reserve Grader
And we also bombed a near certain try when Lawton made that break and chose a bad option when we had them on the ropes. And that Talau disallowed try... I believe he still would have likely scored either way. We really were inches away from being at least level with Souths with less than 10 minutes remaining. The boys tried their guts out for the entire 80 minutes and were far from being dominated up the middle. There was plenty to like about that performance and it now has me convinced that we are top 8 certainties this year. Although we are going to have to string 3 or 4 wins in a row at some stage of the season if we are to have any hope of pushing for the top 4. We should be back at full strength for the final 2 months so if Tom moves to the centres and Garrick back to the wing I believe we will really see some clinical displays in attack and end up just slipping into the top 4 (by one competition pt.)

Last edited:

DanielLehi888

Reserve Grader
Here are some stats from that game to be extremely proud of -

2013 running metres (in the wet). Souths had 18 more attacking runs than us yet only managed 55 more running metres.

Average set distance - 52.98m (season high?) Souths - 44.44 in comparison.

Our average play the balls speeds were considerably faster than Souths.

We had to make 75 more tackles than Souths yet still managed 90% tackle effectiveness.

Souths were piggybacked 10 times via penalties. Manly only received 3 penalties in comparison.

Defensively we were great considering the mass disruptions to the squad.

It was the errors that let us down in the end. 15 errors

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
15 10 5 77 24
15 9 6 161 20
15 8 7 64 20
14 8 6 60 20
15 7 7 28 19
14 7 7 37 18