Our missing players vs last night

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Yeah it is the same movie on repeat.

It is a shame as those that try and offer balanced views, or who look at some of the positives out of games (be it individual players or parts of the game) just constantly getting accused of being happy with losing.
Yes that’s their come back , “ oh you are happy to lose “ or “ you’re proud of them even though they lost “.

No I’m not happy to lose , but yes I’m proud of them IF they’ve had a crack , and apart from the one disaster this year the games they’ve lost they’ve tried hard.

I’m pretty sick of it to be honest , loads of my old mates from years gone by don’t bother with here any more , far too “ toxic “ is the view.

I can’t expect everyone to be happy all the time , but I can expect people to not look at what happens with EVERYTHING being a negative.

That , as others have said to me privately IS TOXIC.

Pete W

Bencher
Yes that’s their come back , “ oh you are happy to lose “ or “ you’re proud of them even though they lost “.

No I’m not happy to lose , but yes I’m proud of them IF they’ve had a crack , and apart from the one disaster this year the games they’ve lost they’ve tried hard.

I’m pretty sick of it to be honest , loads of my old mates from years gone by don’t bother with here any more , far too “ toxic “ is the view.

I can’t expect everyone to be happy all the time , but I can expect people to not look at what happens with EVERYTHING being a negative.

The effort has mostly been there but has picked up these last few weeks I think. I'm still a little traumatised over our Raiders capitulation at Brookie - that was deadset unforgivable

Ron E. Gibbs

First Grader
With the exception of a very flat, and underwhelming performance against the Premiers, we are yet to be truly outplayed this season.
We were also truly awful against St George in Wollongong. The only thing that prevented them putting a big score on us that day was their own incompetence. And the capitulations against Canberra and the Dolphins were equally unacceptable, as well as being eerily familiar.

Sure, we haven't been flogged yet, but we haven't put a big score on any of our opponents either.

There are signs of improvement, and we have had some good wins, but the inconsistency that's been the hallmark of this team for years hasn't changed a bit.

From here, making the eight will be an achievement. My feeling is we've already dropped too many points to get there, but we won't really know until the end of the year. That will be the proper time for a season post-mortem, for calls to sack Seibold and gut the playing roster, etc.

Fans will always be divided into glass-half-empty and glass-half-full personalities. We just have to remember to respect everyone else's opinion. And if you can't understand why anyone would be so optimistic, or so pessimistic, don't let it get to you. It doesn't make them wrong, or idiots (even though they might just be both). And never, ever forget that the ignore button is your friend.

Pete W

Bencher
We were also truly awful against St George in Wollongong. The only thing that prevented them putting a big score on us that day was their own incompetence. And the capitulations against Canberra and the Dolphins were equally unacceptable, as well as being eerily familiar.

Sure, we haven't been flogged yet, but we haven't put a big score on any of our opponents either.

There are signs of improvement, and we have had some good wins, but the inconsistency that's been the hallmark of this team for years hasn't changed a bit.

From here, making the eight will be an achievement. My feeling is we've already dropped too many points to get there, but we won't really know until the end of the year. That will be the proper time for a season post-mortem, for calls to sack Seibold and gut the playing roster, etc.

Fans will always be divided into glass-half-empty and glass-half-full personalities. We just have to remember to respect everyone else's opinion. And if you can't understand why anyone would be so optimistic, or so pessimistic, don't let it get to you. It doesn't make them wrong, or idiots (even though they might just be both). And never, ever forget that the ignore button is your friend.
Agreed. I was one of the first calling for Seibold's head. And as I said in other posts, I was far from convinced the first couple of months - and still not. Our defence was abysmal!

The Parra game was a shame, but a Moses led comeback at Bankwest with the ref on their side saw a narrow loss. Sh*t happens.
The Dragons at Gong was horrendous, but I've seen our best Manly sides put up the same sh*t down there for some reason.
Dolphins, Broncos tough to cop, but again, not the end of the world, quality opposition...

BUT

How we lost competition points from the Warriors and Raiders games, f*cked if I can figure out what went wrong with this mob. I still lose sleep over those lost points - which were in the bag. That would have seen us top 4 currently.

The last fortnight, though, says maybe there is a chance. Realistically, we need 6 from 9 at a minimum. We are capable of winning 8 from 9. Seibold's career is on the line, no matter what happens, he has no more excuses up his sleeves. As others have said, it could still go either way. But we're far from licked yet

Ron E. Gibbs

First Grader
I thought it was a great opportunity for Navale, and he will be in the 17 in 2025 and maybe later in 2024.
Yeah, Navale really seems to be a player who rises to the level he's playing at. He was very good in Flegg, very good when he played for Fiji, very good when he made the jump to Blacktown, and very good when he made his NRL debut. Like Lehi Hoppa, he seems to have that ability to step up.

Jerry1

First Grader

We're all just fed up of constant sub mediocrity. You may well be happy with it - all power to you. Some of us are fed up with the idiot Penn & his inept appointments.

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Didn’t expect a win but really the selections made gave us no chance at all. As Seibold said it was a free throw at the stumps so why not try Humphreys and pick players in their proper positions. That is the frustrating thing for me
As it was for me. And as far as Seibolds claim he made in the presser that Tommy T played a game at 5/8 for the Australian schoolboys team? The only thing I found out was Tommy T was picked in the 2018 Schoolboys team that went to the UK. They were beaten by the Poms 3-0. Tommy played lock in the second test. But even if he did, what a ridiculous reference to use in why you picked him in 2024 in 1st grade. As has been mentioned by several members, why not give Humphreys a go. And what does that say/do to Humphreys confidence going forward? Well I know what it would do for mine if you couldn’t get a gig, and the coach is having a laugh about why he picked Tommy there.

How many times can a coach be continually "proud", when we have lost our last 5/7 games.
Do you think Bellamy, Bennett, Des would be? I think not.

Chunkytuna

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member

Well said

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
We're all just fed up of constant sub mediocrity. You may well be happy with it - all power to you. Some of us are fed up with the idiot Penn & his inept appointments.

The days of Manly being a powerhouse are gone, long gone.

Get use to it.

Yes I agree 100% with your sentiment and reasons but things have changed.

Maybe a lot of fans have only come along for the ride because we were so great for so long. That always happens, look at St George, Souths, Roosters, Bulldogs, Eels, and Panthers how many of their fans "signed up" during the good times.

LIke many, I thought the good times would never end. For the first 40 years of my following this club there was only about 5 seasons (Northern Eagles included) when I thought we had no hope of winning the comp.

Now for 10 consecutive seasons I have had little hope of Grand Final success, except fleetingly in 2021. In that time we have won 2 post season matches, I repeat two finals wins in 10 seasons. Actually for most of that period not really thinking we could even make the 8. Here are the results just to refresh the memories of all

2015 9th
2016 13th
2017 6th
2018 15th
2019 6th
2020 13th
2021 4th
2022 11th
2023 12th

So my question is after we get beaten by a mere 14 points with our team missing a dozen players why are people feeling so much pain. Its not new, it wasn't unexpected.

My love for the team is not what it was 15 years ago. But I support the players that take the field every week just as much as I did in 1978 or 2011.

Try to enjoy the ride, its bumpy, its not what it was but they are still Manly.

Last edited:

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Did I say anywhere I’m happy about losing or not being constantly in the top 4????

No not anywhere

BUT

In the interim I like celebrating the little wins , the games we win , the debut’s of youngsters , the gritty resilience of winning without a bench for almost an entire game.

You may not choose to celebrate any of that , and it’s your choice not to.

I however , and many others , don’t see every single thing that happens as a negative.

It makes for a far more enjoyable football experience, you should try it sometime !!

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Results .....
2015 9th 201613th 20176th 201815th 20196th 202013th 20214th 202211th 202312th
The Powerhouse club Perspective .....

Our Success is defined by our Results

Since 2015 we have made the top 4 Just Once
The top 8 just 3 times
We have failed to make the top 8 on Seven occasions
and Have not won a Title since 2011

Sadly The Fact is that We have gone from a Formidable Premiership Winning force to a Mediocre Middle of the Road Club
No Proud and Passionate Manly Person would be Happy about this

We have become like the Mediocre North Sydney Bears who had a few Brave wins here and there
But as far as Premiership Winning Dominance goes they never went any were

The Moral of the Story
Lower our Legendary clubs Great Premiership Winning Standards and we stand for Nothing Great

There is Nothing more Proud and Enjoyable than seeing Our Legendry club The Mighty Manly Sea Eagles Winning Titles and Soaring on top of the Rugby League World
This is the Benchmark of our Legendary Clubs Greatness
This is What the Pinnacle of Manly Success and Happiness is
Anything Less is Best and Less Cheap Thrills
1719240540734.png

Forster eagle

Reserve Grader
Look at the guts & determination shown by our injury decimated squad last week vs the dragons if anyone is questioning our clubs hunger or desire to win.

Last night’s squad was cobbled together with 11 of our top 17 missing & was akin to a pre-season trial team trying out various combinations.

How anyone could get so discouraged by last night’s game is beyond me - I genuinely thought they did very well in keeping souffs to only 14 points.
Absolutely...thought this could be 40 after 20 mins.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member

Yeah for mine the Dragons loss was our worst performance of the year. Whilst the two capitulations were equal parts frustrating and embarrassing.

We remain very much a work in progress but there are some green shoots.

Personally I still think we are even money to make the 8. We have a very good draw should be in the 8 post this round and everybody is dropping points.

The frustrating thing is, if we dont get that dud Warriors call (refs fault) and we dont fold so weakly against the Raiders and Dolphins (very much our fault) then we are top 4.

But shoulda woulda, coulda...we have to be better in the second half of the year and I back us to do so.

Rocky

Bencher

Get use to it.

Maybe a lot of fans have only come along for the ride because we were so great for so long. That always happens, look at St George, Souths, Roosters, Bulldogs, Eels, and Panthers how many of their fans "signed up" during the good times.

LIke many, I thought the good times would never end. For the first 40 years of my following this club there was only about 5 seasons (Northern Eagles included) when I thought we had no hope of winning the comp.

Now for 10 consecutive seasons I have had little hope of Grand Final success, except fleetingly in 2021. In that time we have won 2 post season matches, I repeat to finals wins in 10 seasons. Actually for most of that period not really thinking we could even make the 8. Here are the results just to refresh the memories of all

2015 9th
2016 13th
2017 6th
2018 15th
2019 6th
2020 13th
2021 4th
2022 11th
2023 12th

So my question is after we get beaten by a mere 14 points with our team missing a dozen players why are people feeling so much pain. Its not new, it wasn't unexpected.

My love for the team is not what it was 15 years ago. But I support the players that take the field every week just as much as I did in 1978 or 2011.

Yep many on here haven't accepted that the advantages the club had for many years have gone.

You either need an endless nursery (think Brisbane or Penrith) or a supercoach (think Melbourne or wherever Bennett goes) or the money to throw TPA or other opportunities (think Roosters)

Manly don't tick any of those boxes.

Eagle Eyed

Reserve Grader

Get use to it.

Now for 10 consecutive seasons I have had little hope of Grand Final success, except fleetingly in 2021. In that time we have won 2 post season matches, I repeat to finals wins in 10 seasons. Actually for most of that period not really thinking we could even make the 8. Here are the results just to refresh the memories of all

2015 9th
2016 13th
2017 6th
2018 15th
2019 6th
2020 13th
2021 4th
2022 11th
2023 12th

Brilliant. I go back to 71 onwards, Manly have always been one of the better sides, which is why we are hated, yes we are in a lean patch. All the misery over this year, we have lost a few very close games, currently only a win and a half from 4th spot. its getting harder and harder, with new teams, and times change, and of course we all want Manly to win, but what is guaranteed in football, there are bad times, bad performances on occasions, all part of the game, yes, Of course I'm disappointed with the games of no effort, out of my control, but I follow Manly no matter what, good times and bad, the good times will be back again, every fan of any team in any sport goes through the same thing, if you want a 100% great result every week, don' follow sport.

Darknstormy

Reserve Grader
Won 2 weeks ago lost last week another win this week through a bye then prob another loss next week…nothing to see here but our 10yrs of inconsistency..I never thought we would of beat the rabbits..I watched the replay and saw typical manly mistakes that I see most weeks…it doesn’t matter who is on the field it’s the same old rot…I see our defence has been improving so I guess that’s a positive I just can’t get over how often we shoot our own feet

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18
15 7 7 28 17