Our missing players vs last night

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
1 turbo
2 Ray Ray
3 Garrick
4 Parker
5 Faulao
6 Arthur
7 DCE
8 Aloia
9 croakers
10 lodge
11 Haumole
12 Paseka
13 Jake

14 G-Kum

I can't see this team of missing / injured / rep players losing to the team that played.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
1 turbo
2 Ray Ray
3 Garrick
4 Parker
5 Faulao
6 Arthur
7 DCE
8 Aloia
9 croakers
10 lodge
11 Haumole
12 Paseka
13 Jake

14 G-Kum

I can't see this team of missing / injured / rep players losing to the team that played.
The thing that REALLY pissed me off about the attitude of some on here last night is virtually completely ignoring this fact.

South’s , who gave been going well and beat Brisbane last week, were down two players , the rest of their great players were in action last night.

And our team of misfits , with a make do half and a couple of busted run on props held them to 8-0 for 70 minutes.

We were never going to win this game , that was well discussed prior , and the bookies knew exactly how it would play out , so why all the vitriol and negativity about what was a fill in side at best ?

AND, the misfits , whilst looking very clunky in no way were a disgrace , we lost 14-0.

Ask the Warriors fans how they feel about 66-6 this morning.

Now that would be something to be bitching about.

Ryan

Journey Man
The thing that REALLY pissed me off about the attitude of some on here last night is virtually completely ignoring this fact.

South’s , who gave been going well and beat Brisbane last week, were down two players , the rest of their great players were in action last night.

And our team of misfits , with a make do half and a couple of busted run on props held them to 8-0 for 70 minutes.

We were never going to win this game , that was well discussed prior , and the bookies knew exactly how it would play out , so why all the vitriol and negativity about what was a fill in side at best ?

AND, the misfits , whilst looking very clunky in no way were a disgrace , we lost 14-0.

Well that's not true at all. Yes, they had Mitchell and Murray out - but they were also missing a rheem of other players (including internationals) that you've left out.

I also think the disappointment lays with the team selections, and positional changes. Siebold said there won't other options when there clearly was.

We had too many players playing out of position. As I said before kickoff to someone, this isn't a team capable of scoring a point. That shouldn't be a fact known before kickoff

47MVEagle

Bencher
Look at the guts & determination shown by our injury decimated squad last week vs the dragons if anyone is questioning our clubs hunger or desire to win.

Last night’s squad was cobbled together with 11 of our top 17 missing & was akin to a pre-season trial team trying out various combinations.

How anyone could get so discouraged by last night’s game is beyond me - I genuinely thought they did very well in keeping souffs to only 14 points.

Pete W

Bencher
Souffs were missing Latrell, Murray, Graham, Tatola & Havili as well but let’s continue acting as if we were the only side missing players
Almost incomparable. Our missing Trbojevic brothers equate to their Trell and Murray. Garrick cancels out Campbell-Graham, who has actually been missing for them all season. Lodge and Tatola have also been missing for most of the season respectively.

Seriously, then take out our starting hooker and chief playmaking 7 and captain, our starting front row, our biggest edge weapon, and our back up 7... to their one utility. How is that not at least a 24+ point difference?

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Well that's not true at all. Yes, they had Mitchell and Murray out - but they were also missing a rheem of other players (including internationals) that you've left out.

I also think the disappointment lays with the team selections, and positional changes. Siebold said there won't other options when there clearly was.

We had too many players playing out of position. As I said before kickoff to someone, this isn't a team capable of scoring a point. That shouldn't be a fact known before kickoff
Thank god you’re not a Warriors fan , then you’d really have something to bitch about.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Almost incomparable. Our missing Trbojevic brothers equate to their Trell and Murray. Garrick cancels out Campbell-Graham, who has actually been missing for them all season. Lodge and Tatola have also been missing for most of the season respectively.

Seriously, then take out our starting hooker and chief playmaking 7 and captain, our starting front row, our biggest edge weapon, and our back up 7... to their one utility. How is that not at least a 24+ point difference?
And yet they struggled.

In attack we looked terrible , but you can’t say they didn’t defend , they tried their guts out.

Oh sure they let a few in , but that side should have beaten us by 20-30 last night.

So unlike many on here that just will not give any credit at all , I’d like to credit the misfits for keeping them to 14 only.

Ryan

Journey Man
Thank god you’re not a Warriors fan , then you’d really have something to bitch about.

I watched the backend of that game Markos, and they looked as though they'd given up !! Admittedly, the games I've seen from us the last few years (particularly this year) we absolutely don't give up.

I wasn't arsed watching our game last night, because I knew there was 0 points in us, so I can't talk about last night. I didn't watch The Dolphins game either. I'm just not as compelled these days.

But what I can says is we've lost 5 of our last 7 games, so as trends go, we are heading south, not north on the ladder. If this keeps going (i.e. the last 25% of the season), we'll actually finish 14th-15th, so there needs to be a HUGE improvement.

You can have a go at me for being negative about that, but the numbers are the numbers. Maybe if I don't say them, they aren't true ? Would that be better? Then we could all talk about how brave, positive, and fun the games are to watch.

Pete W

Bencher
And yet they struggled.

In attack we looked terrible , but you can’t say they didn’t defend , they tried their guts out.

Oh sure they let a few in , but that side should have beaten us by 20-30 last night.

So unlike many on here that just will not give any credit at all , I’d like to credit the misfits for keeping them to 14 only.
Exactly. Our attack was always going to be terrible (and it's a shame Brooks couldn't produce something really special), but our defence actually held up. Cook, Wighton, and Walker are no slouches, and have been playing with confidence again. It could have been a nightmare for Manly. The boys done good. The question is, can we build on this? 9 to go... over to you Seibs

LeonardCohen

Bencher

Well said. I don’t understand why some people bother following the NRL if they cannot accept anything but a win each and every week. The number of variables that determine a team’s success are exhaustive, yet it all boils down to inherent stupidity apparently 😂

Ryan

Journey Man
Well said. I don’t understand why some people bother following the NRL if they cannot accept anything but a win each and every week. The number of variables that determine a team’s success are exhaustive, yet it all boils down to inherent stupidity apparently 😂
Possibly the most ridiculous mindset ever. How about setting standards. How about driving culture. Look at Penrith. The Storm. Players come and go, but the culture persists.

Imagine running a business with this attitude. Aaaah, don't worry about competitors, let them win ! There's so many variables hahahahaha.

Yet it's okay in your view in football.

Peter Forsberg in his retirement ceremony claimed, "as a club, the only thing that mattered or was accepted was winning, and we held each other accountable with that culture. This is why we won multiple Stanley Cups, and were always top in the standings".

I've had conversations with Jason King about this during our rebuild days, and he personally said to me that they got sick of being almost rans, got together, and demanded from each other they were going to change the culture - and guess what - they did.

I just can't get past this apathy to results, because of: (excuse, excuse, excuse). It's sad.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member

What amuses me are the few who all week said we are no chance and that Souths would flog us are now blowing up that we lost to Souths.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
What amuses me are the few who all week said we are no chance and that Souths would flog us are now blowing up that we lost to Souths.
I never thought we’d win , but I also never thought we’d get flogged.

The misfits actually did pretty well on the defensive front , they were horrible in attack but they tried their guts out all night in defence.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
That’s the thing that’s invaded this forum, perfection , the constant demand for perfection.

Sure we’d all like it , but it’s not the end of the world when it doesn’t happen.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Exactly. Our attack was always going to be terrible (and it's a shame Brooks couldn't produce something really special), but our defence actually held up. Cook, Wighton, and Walker are no slouches, and have been playing with confidence again. It could have been a nightmare for Manly. The boys done good. The question is, can we build on this? 9 to go... over to you Seibs
They were amazingly resilient last game.

And they were resilient this game too.

Two busted second string Props lead out , mainly Neville’s to follow ( Condon is a real dud ) but in something to celebrate our misfits kept South’s to 8 points for 70 minutes and only after a penalty and a few six agains let another in at the end.

To be honest whilst most on here are whinging & bitching I’d imagine that the playing & coaching group are inwardly happy that the damage was so minimal.

Just look at Titans v Warriors ( full strength ) they just gave up , and got walloped 66-6.

Now had that happened last night the gloomers on here really would have something to bitch about.

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18
15 7 7 28 17