Our Forwards ... 2020 ( )

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
No doubt hes probably ( covering my arse ) better than a few of our bench forwards.

I reckon Pasenka is a bit of a slow boil and could come good in the next few years. In fact real good. Hes growing into the fact hes a big guy and now plays against big guys. Pasenka types who have always been bigger than others in the juniors sometimes struggle more with the step up.

Would at this very moment say Keppi is a better option than Boyle. Sipley will be a wreaking ball.

What ever happens our forward pack is starting to look awesome.
Yeah agree paseka a bit slow off the ground. Keppie ahead of boyle.
Biggest thing he finds he front in play the ball.
No sure with perrett if will keep him.

You are correct as it stands ... but by the end of next year I will back Keppie in ... I just think he is a player that will influence the result more than just metres ... I think he will be of more value overall ..

Thanks on the heads up about Thomo ... must have happened during one of my naps ...

If it is a choice between Perrett and T-Rex ... I think we all know which way Dessie leans ..
Thing is with Keppie, he is only young.
The mental and physical maturity required for these young blokes means he's going to cop some injuries until his body hardens.
The sonny bill, Benji Marshall syndrome.
Absolute world beaters for a while but the game takes its toll.
Until the body hardens up.
Normally around 24 years.
And then there's the mental fatigue side of it.
I'll back him in too but I'd give him a couple of years...

I'll back him in too but I'd give him a couple of years...

Modern game mate, they are getting younger and younger. Can see Tigers Warriors and Panthers already looking at him.. Can we afford to wait a couple of years. Or would he be willing to wait a couple of years when offered at least a bench role somewhere else.

Modern game mate, they are getting younger and younger. Can see Tigers Warriors and Panthers already looking at him.. Can we afford to wait a couple of years. Or would he be willing to wait a couple of years when offered at least a bench role somewhere else.
Don't get me wrong mate.
I'd be signing him in the top 30.
Just saying I wouldn't back him in as top dog over Marty or AFB for a while yet.
I'd lock this bloke right up...

For sure but with all the rest of our young kids coming through. Our roster management is going to be one tough job. Surely we can't keep them all
Don't get me wrong mate.
I'd be signing him in the top 30.
Just saying I wouldn't back him in as top dog over Marty or AFB for a while yet.
I'd lock this bloke right up...

For sure but with all the rest of our young kids coming through. Our roster management is going to be one tough job. Surely we can't keep them all
Perrett and Boyle would be the 2 to go, for me. Trouble being, Boyle is on a 3 year contract (and Des seems to rate him higher than I do).

Perrett is gone AFAIC. He is certainly nowhere near worth the 300 odd K he fluked and probably worth a devel contract at the very most. His FAIR contribution this week amongst everyone else's performances was probably his best for 2 years. Sorry, but.
Dogs picked up a large portion of his tab the first 2 years.. only this year we paid full price

Come on lads. Less than 2 games of NRL does not make a superstar.

Keppie looks good yes. He has potential yes. But once rival coaches have a chance to dissect his game and plan for it we may find he's just good.

No way hes better than Marty and would be very lucky to surpass him in next 12 months. As said earlier come back in 100 games and let's compare but until then let's just hope the kid keeps developing and does become something special.

After custs second game he became the annointed one. Its generally the second comings when we find out. Keppie has done a great job so far, and it looks to be a journey to be encouraged by .

Not sure about perrett. Happy for his moments but its time

Why is there a set of Parenthesis in the title?

Injury free and some more game time for the n00bs and the forwards are looking the best in the comp. they don't need to lead with their elbows like the storm thugs either (but they stay suspension free). <- Look, parenthesis! Maybe that's where they belong. lol #early

At full strength I think we will just about have the best forward pack in the competition next year.

AFB and Taupau will keep dominating as our starting props

Thompson and Jake are just so tough and reliable. Curtis Sironen completes the backrow nicely

Expecting Waddell, Boyle and Jack G to make huge strides in the coming off-season. The long and tough season we have just had will do wonders for their development

Also expecting Paseka, Sipley, Keppie and Haumole to give us a lot of joy next year

And Fainu is just incredible. Still can’t believe we have such a talented hooker at a very young age

1 .. AFB
2 .. Marty
3 .. Sipley
4 .. Paseka
5 ..Keppie
6 .. Boyle
If Keppie is able to maintain the outstanding form he showed on Saturday he will move above Paseka on that list.
Can Keppie also play as an edge? If so he could bump Waddell down the order too, though both of them have good potential.
Paseka needs to develop a glare or a snarl. A little too benign so far for the NRL engine room.

As I said, we are going to have a kick arse forward pack moving forward.

I’d rather Perrett’s money go towards finding another strike centre or strike winger.

I think we are a couple of backs away from a Premiership winning side.

Jorge has his moments but he’s no Sivo.

And whilst Parker has done incredibly well he’s no Jamie Lyon.

Garrick is going fine and is our kicker, Suli is developing nicely ,still a ways to go but doesn’t deserve being dropped.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8