Our forward pack

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Except in 2008 we started with a losing grand final pack bolstered by the addition of ex-Origin player Perry, who showed from the outset he was ready to play his best.
This time we have 3 absolute tyros stepping in up front.
Not much I can say except so far they have met every challenge, and I am impressed, in fact I am overly impressed ;)

Impressed with some serious reservations that i think are bound to pop up every now and then hopefully at the right times when it does not matter.

Overly impressed to me are people who after every win quickly forget the issues that have appeared in the recent past or during patches in many games this year.

I recall hearing an interview with an ex player(think it was Menzies but it was a while ago might be wrong) who was complimentary towards our young forwards but it came across more as "lets boost the confidence of the pack and be positive" comments with a hint of reservation behind it.

Honestly guys i am impressed how this pack works together and hangs in then letting our class take over, it really is more Melbourne like less aggressive and gets the job done with less penalties.

I would prefer less falling off and mis-tackles, less offloads and a little more explosive size and punch up the middle but i love how our attack is developing under Toovey and Johns which i have been very critical of under Hasler.

You can't have it all with a salary cap i'm just making observations on our forwards, not knocking them just have reservations.

This pack of forwards have contributed in getting us to the top of the table . One of many examples is our win against the quality of the Rooster pack without Choc and Gift . Our Brilliant backs cant do it on their own

Those old enough to remember the winning Parra teams of the 1980s will know they prospered on a combination of smallish, mobile forwards who tackled well and could 'hold' opposition packs, knowing that even if their backs received a bit of ball they would score tries.
Our team plays to a similar formula. It's no surprise our four tries on the weekend were scored by our wingers and fullback.
On paper, the Dogs and Easts have superior packs, but our blokes put in great efforts and the results came.

Jamie Lyon really misses Glenn Stewart taking him right to the line on that right edge. We have that to look forward to.

We were hammered a few times in the middle of the park in defense. The Roosters were making ground at will. They are a very good pack.

Funnily enough, i thought Heath L'estrange had them going really well in the middle of the game. They slumped when Jake Friend came back on.

They are progressing nicely. We can not be content with matching it with other packs. By the end of the year, those boys will need to be, and given their development to date, will be, better then any other pack.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2