Our fault

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I hate how people just think when a try is disallowed, it would have just been added to the final score had it being allowed,

The rest of the game is different from every decision thereafter, it’s a sliding doos scenario.

And what was the second disallowed Rey, you can’t count koula. That was cut n dried no try.
Good point. Usually when you score a try you get a bit of a roll on. Momentum for us was absolutely stalled by that decision. It goes both ways

Remember everyone on here , play the ball but not the man ( or woman).

Disagreement is natural , but because one has a different opinion it doesn’t mean they can’t have their say.

"Manly were robbed a certain try to Tom Trbojevic when referee Chris Buttler somehow found a forward pass Brad Parker in the 30th minute."

Apparently not entirely Manly's fault - some of it - but not all.

FORWARD THINKING

The annual chat about forward pass technology will fire up this week after the Sea Eagles were denied a clear try by the officials.

Head office has mentioned the idea of putting chips in balls for years, and the same old questions will resurface after Chris Sutton found a forward pass from Brad Parker that rubbed out what would have been a spectacular Tom Trbojevic try.

The problem was the pass was perfectly legal and should have resulted in four points for the visitors midway through the first half.

Tied at 6-6 in the 30th minute, Manly’s Brad Parker made a break down the left side of the field before offloading it back inside to five-eighth Josh Schuster.

The 21-year-old then quickly passed it on to star Tom Trbojevic with only one man to beat for what looked like a certain try only 20 metres out.

However, referee Chris Sutton didn’t let the play unfold, calling Parker’s pass to Schuster forward to deny a “wonderful try”.

Fox League’s Dan Ginnane and Greg Alexander were both extremely critical of the call, believing Manly were robbed of crucial points.

“Well that is a wonderful try that has been denied and the Eagles are incensed,” Ginnane said.

“At that no stage did I think there was a forward pass in that movement,” Alexander said.

“No, no, no. No way was that forward, what is wrong? That’s a let off for Souths.”

Probably game changing, that try could of been the start of a follow up try in quick succession.

We were denied twice after getting over the try line! Yes one was a definite try the other a dropped ball.....I've watched the Souths 1st try to Walker & am not convinced the ball wasn't dead! Yes we made errors but YES we were the better team & should have bagged the 2 points! I despise the Knights, however kinda feel for them coz they're in for a hiding next week!

We were denied twice after getting over the try line! Yes one was a definite try the other a dropped ball.....I've watched the Souths 1st try to Walker & am not convinced the ball wasn't dead! Yes we made errors but YES we were the better team & should have bagged the 2 points! I despise the Knights, however kinda feel for them coz they're in for a hiding next week!
Remember they slow down the vision to milliseconds by milliseconds , if you do that it was a try.

I have no issue with that.

A fluke , but a try.

Whole hearted defensive effort and a truly grueling game but being almost clueless with many of those plays pressuring the Souths line and in the 2 nd half in particular , can only have a critical take .

Im not sure what Turbo learnt in the USA, but if running slowly is the way to save his hammies, it was a waste of money sending him there.
Classic!
However I suspect he is just very mindful of the fact they taught him a whole new way to run, and until it becomes second nature he's very self-conscious of stretching out in some situations.
As the year rolls on the new technique will become ingrained and automatic, so he should get back to his dynamic best (I hope!)

Classic!
However I suspect he is just very mindful of the fact they taught him a whole new way to run, and until it becomes second nature he's very self-conscious of stretching out in some situations.
As the year rolls on the new technique will become ingrained and automatic, so he should get back to his dynamic best (I hope!)
And hopefully they only have to play on that ice rink Accor Stadium two more times

Our forwards were up for the battle and laid a pretty reasonable platform for long periods. Overall there work was strong and sustained. It carried a few errors but the grunt was good enough to win

They had field position and pressure. . There were many moments when manly should have done better as a unit considering the run of play we had . a few dubious calls didnt help but overall the effort should have got us home

we couldnt close the deal. Chucking the ball to rehabovic all night as he tries to play between his mental parameters is making it tough, and predictable. the only thing we do fast is back up

May as well put jake back in there at 3rd link the way tom is moving.

Really need the halfback to start running the ball And sharing the focus as you can see the opposition just waiting and sliding on tom sapping his drive. Surely it cant be overlooked as not being important or even a requirement

good moments though, gritty,patient , forwards all playing strongly, strong commitment to D

game a good side ices, and others need to learn from . Probably had our best field goal opp around the 8 or 9 min to go and looked out of sorts

LOL reckon the eels site are all laughing at us saying Moses would have kicked it. Ironic much

I thought Lawton really struggled as hooker.
Conundrum. Lawman obviously underdone. I thought Siebs used Lawman and Weeks well.
‘But what happens when Croker comes back. Does Weeks hold his bench spot?, does Siebs give Lawman a bench spot? Does lawman go back to Blacktown to get match fit? Which would mean splitting the hooking role with Gordon three names?
Decisions, decisions.

Last edited:
let it go GIF
Never

DCE letting that try in was a disgrace. WE scored a dead set try only to be disallowed. Not taking the 2 points on offer was just stupid. Then souths get a penalty for a dubious high shot, when the pass was forward. Im not sure what Turbo learnt in the USA, but if running slowly is the way to save his hammies, it was a waste of money sending him there. Schu did some good things but he aint our 5th tackle kick option and everything he does, doesn't have to be no look.
That was unlucky at best, if that ball does a little more rotation the ball touches the line first

FB_IMG_1679799761877.jpg

Would that convince you?

Why wasn't that shot shown on the coverage I watched.definitely space between the ball and the line which wasn't evident on the live feed.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4