Our depth?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Poola

Reserve Grader
I can't believe that we couldn't draft our half from the reserves to cover Foran's loss. I live interstate and don't get to see the reserves. Why couldn't or didn't we use Hiku in the centres/ halves? Toovey's selection and rotation policy sometimes baffles me.

Is a weird one

I'm not sure when this illness came on for Foran, I dd hear though that he only pulled out about an hour before the game so maybe this came on late and no real chance to throw Chisholm in and have him ready to go

I thought that Hiku was on the bench. Didn't see him play tonight.

Another game of 16 against 17

Very surprised Hiku didn't get a run. I think he would of made a difference at 6.
Need to give some of our young guns are start...

I cant agree with putting Hiku at 6 but then again I cant agree with having him on the bench either.

It would be a mistake to place that much pressure on the young bloke while he is still finding his feet in first grade. He might even go OK in attack but what about defense in the 6 jumper ? Madness.

And on the bench he was obviously there purely as backup to Brett which, to my mind, is a massive mistake riddled waste by Tooves. We simply cant afford to be putting ourselves at a one player disadvantage, especially while losing the forwards battle.

If your a passionate Manly fan....say NO to an Eagle 16. NO !

It was an opportunity to give Chisholm a shot. He played on Saturday and was not injured. Juggling forwards into ball playing roles isnt the way to go IMO.

Hiku or even Symonds should have slotted into centre and Lyon into five-eight, where he won a premiership.

Toovey is doing my ****ing head in.

From what I heard Foran had food poisoning and it hit only 2 hours before kick off so unless Chisolm was already at the ground then no way could they play him and that is my guess of what happened.

Was confused by DCE shifting sides as well.

Where I was disappointed was nut shifting Lyon into 5/8 for a period, late in the first he floated into the middle a couple of times and thats when we started to look better in attack.

ifernolan said:
Hiku or even Symonds should have slotted into centre and Lyon into five-eight, where he won a premiership.

Toovey is doing my f**king head in.

2V should be dropped to the NSW Cup, along with G Stewart, DCE, B Kite.

EagleFromMay1967 said:
ifernolan said:

Toovey is doing my f**king head in.

2V should be dropped to the NSW Cup, along with G Stewart, DCE, B Kite.

Any explanation of how that could possibly help anything ?

Hiku defending between either Horo and Matai or on the wing and the others pushing in one would not have been the worst senario. I think he could have been a 6 last night without too much disruption.

i would've bought hiku on the wing for at least 10-15 minutes and told Jorge to float around the middle and just run straight. He has the size and the speed plus the power to break the line, definitely wouldn't have been puffed, the guys in the middle aren't used to tackling him, adds a little unpredictability. In no way would i put him in the forwards for a game just yet, but i would've hooked Gift for a sideline stint in the 2nd half and tried it. I'm not about to drop glen to the bench yet, but just a little bit of a kick up the butt that 80 minutes isn't a sure thing unless he starts playing to the form that got him that jersey.

I'm just sick of the bench not being used to full effect, it isn't doing the young guys any good for confidence sitting on there all game and not being called upon and maybe its time to put a bit of fear in the 80 minute players that if you aren't playing up to scratch, you will be given a stint on the bench. Big call to hook someone like Gift, (watch him now come out with a MOM effort next week now) but if the props aren't getting the metres he can't play his usual sideways game and has to step in and go straight.

After multiple losses, if we don't put on a cricket score next week against parra, then we have some big issues.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4