Our best recruit from each NRL club

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I say Cliff Lyons (Norths) & Mal Reilly (some UK club) would be the top imports.

tumblr_inline_pdchw6aths1scmy4z_400.jpg

Since 2003 we've had 136 players debut for the Sea Eagles - breakdown of clubs we sourced players from who had already made their NRL debut elsewhere as follows

12 - Eels
6 - Dragons, Roosters
5 - Raiders, Storm, Cowboys, Knights
4 - Rabbitohs, Tigers, Sharks, Panthers, ESL
3 - Warriors
2 - Bulldogs, Broncos, Titans, Rugby

The rest (104) players made their NRL debut here. So only about 25% of our playing stock has come from recruiting established players. If you consider at least 10 of those players had probably played less than 10 games when we got them then the percentage drops further.

Seems a good mix, recruit 3 or 4 established players and then develop local juniors and up and comers sourced elsewhere to build your team.

As a Hurricanes supporter .... Is that Weepu a relative.... think he was a half

Yep that's the brother of Billy

He grew up a league boy, he went and spent an off season with the Knights in the mid 2000s and they couldn't believe the amount of **** he ate apparently lol

I can't go past BK and Lyon. Those two blokes were massive for us. In fact, their whole careers were amazing. They are the sort of players that would have not only played well at any club they might have landed at....but would have improved that club greatly.

I'm going to YART a team of recruits.....

FB - Michael Robertson (Canberra)
WG - Kerry Boustead (Eastern Suburbs)
CE - Ray Branighan (South Sydney)
CE - Michael O'Connor (St George)
WG - Ken Irvine (North Sydney)
FE - Cliff Lyons (North Sydney)
HB - Matt Orford (Melbourne)
PR - Brent Kite (St George Illawarra)
HK - Jim Serdaris (Western Suburbs)
PR - John O'Neill (South Sydney)
SR - Noel Cleal (Eastern Suburbs)
SR - Ian Roberts (South Sydney)
LK - Des Hasler (Penrith)

BE - Michael Monaghan (Canberra)
BE - David Gillespie (Western Suburbs)
BE - Mark Carroll (South Sydney)
BE - Ron Gibbs (Eastern Suburbs)

I would have had both Mal Reilly and Killer in there, but technically they were recruited from English sides Castleford and St Helens respectively which aren't NRL clubs.

Manly debutantes

Eadie
Stewart
Matai
Fulton
Hopoate
Thompson
Toovey
Randall
Krilich
Bull
Watmough
Menzies
Stewart

Martin
Vautin
Cunningham
King

How would they go against your team of imports @HoldenV8 ?? Be a good game !! (PS I'd have Mooney on the wing instead of Boey)

Manly debutantes

Eadie
Stewart
Matai
Fulton
Hopoate
Thompson
Toovey
Randall
Krilich
Bull
Watmough
Menzies
Stewart

Martin
Vautin
Cunningham
King

How would they go against your team of imports @HoldenV8 ?? Be a good game !! (PS I'd have Mooney on the wing instead of Boey)

I wouldn't like to pick a winner :p

Best Pommie ..... Malcolm Reilly
Best Scotsman ... Michael Robertson
Best Irishman .... Hasson
Best Kiwi ...... ?????

Here is one from Balmain, sounds more like George Castanza from Seinfeld than a great buy

David Adams
(born in Sydney, New South Wales) is an Australian former rugby league footballer. He played for the Balmain Tigers and the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles[1] in the NSWRL. He played as a half-back. He also is credited with almost foiling a bank robbery in his home town of Scone NSW. Although some reports claim that he used other customers as human shields.[citation needed]

Poker career: Generally considered one of the modern day greats.[citation needed]

Other Achievements: Reputedly owns a pub, although no one can seem to find it.[citation needed]

I want to amend my team because there is someone I can't believe I left out.

How could I forget Ben Kennedy?

OK, my amended team is:

FB - Michael Robertson (Canberra)
WG - Kerry Boustead (Eastern Suburbs)
CE - Ray Branighan (South Sydney)
CE - Michael O'Connor (St George)
WG - Ken Irvine (North Sydney)
FE - Cliff Lyons (North Sydney)
HB - Matt Orford (Melbourne)
PR - Brent Kite (St George Illawarra)
HK - Jim Serdaris (Western Suburbs)
PR - John O'Neill (South Sydney)
SR - Noel Cleal (Eastern Suburbs)
SR - Ian Roberts (South Sydney)
LK - Ben Kennedy (Newcastle)

BE - Des Hasler (Penrith)
BE - David Gillespie (Western Suburbs)
BE - Mark Carroll (South Sydney)
BE - Ron Gibbs (Eastern Suburbs)

Kennedy means Michael Monoghan misses out. But we lose nothing, and probably gain, by having Des as the bench utility

Did anyone say Mark Spud Carroll ( Parramatta junior , but played Flegg and lower grades at Penrith ) we got him from Souths , as we did John o’Niell , Ray Brannigan.

Have we ever nabbed a decent Bronco ?? Can only think of Parcell and Dunamis Lui
Closest I can think of is Ballin. We nabbed him just before he made a debut for them, and was seen as a real coup at the time as he was the best up and coming hooker around

For mine...........Des Hasler is right up there!!!
As a player: Manly > 256 games & 72 tries / City > 8 games & 1 try / NSW > 12 games & 2 tries / Australia 12 games & 2 tries / Won 2 x Premierships 1987 & 1996
Dally M 1991 Lock of the year
As a coach: Manly > 206 games / 59% win rate / Premierships 2008 & 2011 / Semi Finals 2005, 2006 / Grand Finals 2007, 2008, 2011 / Finals series 2005 - 2011
RLIF Coach of the year 2008 & 2011

Closest I can think of is Ballin. We nabbed him just before he made a debut for them, and was seen as a real coup at the time as he was the best up and coming hooker around
In the early 1990's we also also had Chris White and Danny Russell from the Broncos, neither set the world on fire.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6