Other sports you like/play

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Interests
NRL manly
Squash. played state grade for seven hills and northmead. State grade juniors at castle hill. Can still hold my own against the good players. Currently play at baulkham hills.

Golf play off 4 at stonecutters ridge

Cricket. Played for Dundas valley Vikings allrounder.

Baseball. For a few years with colyton chiefs.

Badminton with castle hill rsl.

Also did electric onroad and off-road 1:10 scale RC car racing for a while.

Being from Adelaide, of course I grew up playing Aussie rules (I was primarily a back pocket). I still love the sport, always will ... though I don't follow the AFL, only the local Adelaide league.

Lets see if I can remember what others I played ... cricket, baseball (left field and shortstop), league (front row), basketball (guard), indoor cricket, lacrosse, the fool. Was also part of a speedway pit crew for a few years back in the 1990s (not Sprintcars) and have always loved motor racing, especially dirt speedway (bikes and cars) open wheelers, sports cars, motorbikes and the older touring cars (not the V8 taxis). I'll watch the NFL if I catch it on 7mate, though buggered if I know what the bloody rules are. Same with soccer. I'll watch, but don't know how millions can get excited over a 0-0 draw.

Strangely enough, I actually like netball more for than just long legged women running around in short skirts. The joys of having an older sister who played lol. I actually grew to enjoy the game itself.

Oh, and I've been a Hulkamaniac since I first saw the original Wrestlemania on television in 1985. I look more like Paul Bearer than the Hulkster in his prime, though I maintain he and Chopper Read stole my mo @:cool:

Yeh !! Won our touch footy GF 9 - 8 on the bell last Friday nite, after trailing 6 - 2 at HT.
The other side started taking Premiership photo's at HT which was a little premature.
Went ok but damn fitness caught up after a fast opening 5mins....that final siren was the Best sound I have heard since my best of the 90's CD played....:whew:

^ Lemme guess, a whole bunch of alpha male wannabe's got exhausted but absolutely refused to sub off because "**** those guys, I can win this game myself".

#everyteamever.

also: Mrs ge tried skeleton because I guess sliding down the ice head first on an unsteer able sled with a crappy helmet for protection is preferable to being married to me.

lol

wait...

:(

Last edited:
^ Lemme guess, a whole bunch of alpha male wannabe's got exhausted but absolutely refused to sub off because "**** those guys, I can win this game myself".

#everyteamever.

also: Mrs ge tried skeleton because I guess sliding down the ice head first on an unsteer able sled with a crappy helmet for protection is preferable to being married to me.

lol

wait...

:(
Long ago Global (5+ years).....your about spot on......I am a little wiser these days (also slower and fatter) and just go hard 2-3 sets attack/defence and traverse to that sideline looking for Adam Sandler for some quality H2O....

Skiing
watching Manly Sea Eagles WIN!!!!!
Skiing
Skiing
Paddling my surf ski
Younger days it was rugby, surfing and triathlon ..... I did the Iron Man triathlon about 5 times. That was fun?

I still play baseball and Umpire baseball, love watching Japanese baseball and the MLB. (Yankees)
One thing that peevs me is how professional mlb organisations are and how good the mlb atbat app is.
At the end of the yankees season the ceo gives a hour long assessment and the owner a 20 min assessment.

They happily face the music and as a fan it makes me more connected than i am with Manly.
The mighty Seattle Mariners

I was fortunate enough to be invited as an “guest “ coach to the organisation and spent spring training for with the entire squad fir a number of years mentoring the Aussie kids

hit one on one ground balls to A Rod ,threw BP to Edgar Martinez and actually hit against a guy called Jamie Moyer while he did his bull pen

nothing was off limits and listened to the twice weekly selection meetings with all head coaches and managers and drunk coffee in the great Lou Panellla’s office listening talk about signing a Japanese’s import named Suzuki

highlite was time in dug out in the season opener against Yankees at safeco stadium

learnt so much about professionalism in every facet , especially in ensuring you knew your role in the team and everyone else did too

I have used the same instructional philosophy throughout my career at work fir myself and my employees and it takes everyone to succeed in order for the team to succeed

sounds a bit big headed but not meant to be

Just saw the post on the Mariners by Mals and the umpiring and playing by Manly fan 76 and hit a strong sense of nostalgia

go manly

btw
None of that beats taking Gifty back to brooky for the first time in 2019 and drink beers while he broke bread with 2V and hit on the drink with the team
Sat in paradise with snake beaver Robbo and choc

that is something real special

oh yeah
Lawn bowls the go now

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8