Other sports you like/play

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I currently play squash every Wednesday night & a social game of tennis with some mates every Sunday arvo & get out for a bike ride (no spandex) whenever I can.

I played soccer for Narrabeen FC for the past 15 years but hung up the boots a couple of years ago after successive, annoying injuries - groin, the rehab for which led to knee pain & discovering I've got a hole in the cartilage in my left knee, broken wrist (freak tackle accident).

Funnily I feel much fitter now than while playing soccer - no doubt not having constant niggling injuries is part of it.

I played rugby when I was a kid living in NZ then soccer & a bit Emma to of union after moving to Aus.

I like watching soccer & boxing. Used to love the one day cricket but never liked tests & so never watch the cricket these days.

Dont really support any team other than the Sea Eagles but enjoy watching games between any other teams in most other sports.

Also enjoy watching a bit of golf & darts - there's something really relaxing about watching the former & intriguing about the latter.

love squash played b grade pennants when were living on the beaches was huge in 80’s and 90’s. Now live on the central coast and all the courts are gone. You are a lucky man to still be playing.

Aside from the mighty eags I follow pretty much all sports bar soccer and NFL.

Been retired a couple of years and actively participate in golf, surfing, tennis and living near the beach perving. Love the races and have shares in 3 nags. Two yet to race the third The Big Vin has a pretty good record however has been out for almost 2 years with various issues and currently in rehab.we should have called him Turbo. @:D

love squash played b grade pennants when were living on the beaches was huge in 80’s and 90’s. Now live on the central coast and all the courts are gone. You are a lucky man to still be playing.

Yeah not many courts around anymore!

We play at Elanora squash centre which is still on the go.

You just made me think of the squash courts near where I grew up. So I googled them to find out they closed in 2011. Which is kinda sad as I remember helping build them....but I wasn't too much help though (too young) and err..like...um...we owned them

1605851528623.jpeg

I play soccer every Saturday arvo with a bunch of locals, most of them are African and boy, they run like the wind! There are a few South Americans aswell and are ridiculously skillful. Two weeks ago, this Aussie bloke (me) scored a bangin' goal from 20 meters away, and the opposition were clapping my effort.

Played waterpolo in my late teens/early 20's. Damn great sport to play....but cannot watch it.

Played Oztag aswell. Torn a muscle in my shoulder diving to grab the ribbon.

I'd like to play more golf than I do.

AFL, RU, basket ball.....yeah...nah.

Tennis, ODI & 20/20cricket is ok

Teams supported

MWSE
Sydney FC, Perth Glory
Detroit Lions

Gotta mention Tuart Hill junior FC whom my boys plays for.
I need a little nap after reading that

Only two sports for me , Summer - Cricket, Winter - The Footy.

Oh as far as playing , I’m now getting pretty good at Lawn Bowls ( which you’ll be surprised to know has just as many young ones playing now as us old farts ).

To ****ing old for much else and I hate golf!!
Just had a total knee replacement this week, I'm feeling my participation levels are about to zero out

Participate
Surf 3-5 times a week (when there's waves)
Golf on and off depending on surf (avg 1 round a week)
Yoga so my body doesn't fall apart
Fishing
Backyard Cricket when on the beers at a mate's place

Spectate
NFL - Seahawks (watch all their games and maybe MNF/SNF + Post Season)
Cricket - Australia (watch most tests and some one dayers)
La Liga - Atletico Madrid (Lived near the old stadium for a while)
CRL - Terrigal Sharks (Up the Sharkies!)
QCUP - Burleigh Bears (local team now)
AFL - Brisbane Lions (don't watch much)
Big Bash - Brisbane Heat (i'll chuck it on in summer)
NBA - Golden State Warriors (Mostly watch the last 1/3rd of the season and highlights)

Last edited:
Apart from the number 1 game and team being the Manly Seaeagles....what other sports do Silvertails follow or play?
Personally still play touch footy, Tag 20/Oz Tag and soccer (old boys over 35's)
Support Seattle Seahawks in the NFL
Liverpool in soccer
Carlton in the AFL
Thats about it
I got back to playing old boys soccer finally, after having a (youngish) hip replacement last year. It took a while to get some pace back and strength in kicks, but the titanium hip seems good.
Hope to play some tennis soon.
Watch Test cricket, one dayers sometimes, surfing
Don't watch much other sport besides rugby league and cricket, but engage in lively NBA and NFL discussions with my son where I focus on some snippet I saw on twitter to appear knowledgeable.

I got back to playing old boys soccer finally, after having a (youngish) hip replacement last year. It took a while to get some pace back and strength in kicks, but the titanium hip seems good.
Hope to play some tennis soon.
Watch Test cricket, one dayers sometimes, surfing
Don't watch much other sport besides rugby league and cricket, but engage in lively NBA and NFL discussions with my son where I focus on some snippet I saw on twitter to appear knowledgeable.
Gutsy effort mate that your back out there, great stuff - I just played tonight and damn ordinary performance, had a touch like an elephant after a while off....speed was ok but that's where it ended ....the beers were good at fulltime

Apart from the number 1 game and team being the Manly Seaeagles....what other sports do Silvertails follow or play?
Personally still play touch footy, Tag 20/Oz Tag and soccer (old boys over 35's)
Support Seattle Seahawks in the NFL
Liverpool in soccer
Carlton in the AFL
Thats about it
Gutsy effort mate that your back out there, great stuff - I just played tonight and damn ordinary performance, had a touch like an elephant after a while off....speed was ok but that's where it ended ....the beers were good at fulltime
That's it - it's so good to have a laugh & a beer with some good mates after the game. After a 7 year break there's a lot more laughing at how much crappier we are now than we used to be. But just getting out for a runaround feels great.

Love my NFL long surving Miami dolphins fan, watch cricket when it's interesting this summer should be good with India in town, don't mind bit of international rugby union and like nba and nbl fell back in love with kings again.
Cannot stand soccer or Afl rubbish of sports.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4