Other NRL games round Nein [2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The NRL has stood down the bunker officials central to what Trent Robinson described as the "incompetent" and "ridiculous" handing of an incident that that saw Roosters five-eighth Drew Hutchison hospitalised in a 31-18 loss to the Eels on Friday night.

NRL head of football Graham Annesley said early on Saturday morning that the performance of the NRL video bunker, led by senior official Steve Chiddy, "did not meet our expectations".

question: If the officials are on contracts, what does giving them the rest of the weekend off achieve?

No docking of their pay, no fines and back in action next week!

Sorry for quoting myself...

Brutal???

Brutal punishment of the officials???

One on ground official has been given the weekend off (plus bunker noobs). fmd "journos"

NRL might not yet be done with brutal discipline of officials after Eels-Roosters farce, says footy boss Graham Annesley

That's the message from NRL head of football Graham Annesley in the wake of the farcical decision to not sin-bin - or even place on report - Parramatta Eels five-eighth Dylan Brown for an ugly incident in Friday night's clash with the Sydney Roosters.

Bunker official Steve Chiddy is the only person the NRL has disciplined so far over the embarrassing handling of the situation.

But Annesley says that's only because Chiddy had been scheduled to officiate on Saturday night's match between the North Queensland Cowboys and Brisbane Broncos.

The footy boss said tough calls could be set to follow on referee Matt Cecchin, as well as touch judges David Munro and Todd Smith.

Fascinatingly, the NRL is yet to take action on touch judge Munro despite the fact he's scheduled to officiate on Sunday night's game between the St George Illawarra Dragons and Canterbury Bulldogs. Neither referee Cecchin nor touch judge Smith had been scheduled to officiate on another game in round nine.

I haven't heard the dalai arfur say anything about the 2 parra grubs. Normally he will bleat about anything bad happening to his players (actually...like most coaches, ha) but seems quiet now.

Maybe still working out how to get a free forward interchange every half?

As expected, parra fans saying teddy dropped into the tackle so it's only because they are parra that they are getting punished.

Now parra don't have the only fans that cry bias against them ~cough cough~ but seriously???

cowboys 19 - 18 Broncs

Never in doubt - says the guy who tipped them (by flipping a coin)
The Broncos dominated this game for 75 minutes. Should’ve been up by way more than they were at halftime and just don’t know how to close games out.

They won’t be easy to beat next week, especially if we’re missing a few forwards. Their middles are dominant.

The NRL has stood down the bunker officials central to what Trent Robinson described as the "incompetent" and "ridiculous" handing of an incident that that saw Roosters five-eighth Drew Hutchison hospitalised in a 31-18 loss to the Eels on Friday night.

NRL head of football Graham Annesley said early on Saturday morning that the performance of the NRL video bunker, led by senior official Steve Chiddy, "did not meet our expectations".

question: If the officials are on contracts, what does giving them the rest of the weekend off achieve?

Ever been stood down from a job? I would say it does more than we would know, hopefully.

edit: That is, if they give a stuff about their work.

The effect of Robinson's complaint whinge is that for the rest of the weekend any player suspected of any sort of foul will probably be penalised, put on report, and sent to the sin bin, if not sent off completely!

The effect of Robinson's complaint whinge is that for the rest of the weekend any player suspected of any sort of foul will probably be penalised, put on report, and sent to the sin bin, if not sent off completely!
Yep has been happening every game since.
I wonder how many players we are going to have on the field today as a result. Jake ..Jake ....Jake...
For the slightest of touches.

Agree, also discipline can falter when players are under fatigue, and today we'll probably have a few being asked to do more work than what they are used to.
I expect Des to allude to this in the post match presser when he says its one of our gutsiest ever wins. Could even end up as the best win Baz has been (loosely) associated with.

How many times is munro’s name going to pop up regarding officiating blunders before he gets the boot, must have the goat photos

How many times is munro’s name going to pop up regarding officiating blunders before he gets the boot, must have the goat photos
He looks like a deer in headlights most games... I bet he is the ref that has his decisions successfully challenged the most.

ok

dragons and dogs are now on.

everyone get over yer Manly win and watch this game.

(teeheeheeehehehehehehehehehehe...)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7