Other half in 2016 ??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I agree with others here in saying to get a youngster in there to partner DCE long term. We've got the experienced half who can help develop the younger ones too. Putting Lyon there will be wasting the chance to develop someone new IMO.

I think get someone from within the club to reinforce the "stronger together" mentality and choose a promising young half who can form a good combination with DCE in the long term.

Edit: Just a few suggestions being Gutherson, Travers or Pearsall. A bit tentative with the latter two seeing as they're barely 20.

There has been mention of Trbojevic being groomed for the 5/8 jersey. Dunno if that would be a wise option or not.

There has been mention of Trbojevic being groomed for the 5/8 jersey. Dunno if that would be a wise option or not.
NOt sure on young Turbo's passing ability but damn would make a great running 5/8, would be a good change to have that extra pace in this position...thing is he kills it at fullback & we are blessed to have Snakes replacement who could be 1 of the stars in the game imo

Got to be Killer. He doesn't have the pace off the mark anymore to match it with the young outside backs out there but has the skills for 5/8 (we did win a GF by a record margin with him at 6). Also, we need to find first grade spots for Tom T and Gutherson.

Not a fan of Maloney. Apart from being a grub, he is a deadset turnstile in defence. TBH I think Pearce makes him look better than he is. I'd like to see Lyon play 5/8 for the next couple of years and groom Riley Travers from the NYC squad to take over when he retires.

You heard wrong. There is two Turbos... One wears the five, the other the eight.

This is how rumours take on a life of their own...

Manly....the only team with dual Turbo's

There's a banner waiting to be made. I don't get to Brookie very often, but somebody more local, please get on it!

Whoever it is needs to also bring his kicking boots. :lightbulb:

Killer has had numerous lower leg strain injuries and should not be required to be our only option for try conversions @:cool:

We have been signing DCE's mates left and right so please god do not add Barba to the list.

01. Brett Stewart
02. Tom Trbojevic
03. Steve Matai
04. Peta Hiku
05. Clinton Gutherson
06. Jamie Lyon
07. Daly Cherry-Evans

wins a lot of games in my opinion. Class, speed, experience, youth, X-factor, aggression - has it all. I don't see a weak spot there if Hiku can lose some k/g's, and regain his speed.

I think the mighty sea eagles would be an attractive proposition to any young aspiring half now we have re-signed DCE long term to play with and have Johns and Barrett/2V to learn from AND to be given a regular first grade spot. We should be able to sign someone decent for $200-300K.

I would prefer putting in a young player like Taylor to grow and form a quality halves combination for the future.

If we cant secure anyone, then I would like to see Killer at 5/8. Killer at 5/8 would still be in the top 5 5/8 of the game. That gives us a year or 2 to find a quality young halve, and allows Hiku to finally move to Centre, with young Turbo on the wing.

i think lyon is the man to play outside cherry next year. it would be a great balance, but not sure how lyon would go with a neville if cherry is out of the team on rep duties or injured. i see lyon as being a capable cog in the process however i wouldnt be quite as confident if he had to be the only half with mateo as an example in case of a long term injury
back up would be required

Gutherson or Cornish (who is being railroaded by that time bomb of a coach in Canberra)

Have heard Joey has been spending a little extra time with both Gutherson (obviously not too physically just yet) and Tom to cast an eye over their potential in the halves if a suitable replacement can't be found. With Killer only having a little time left, the plan is to get straight to having a spine ready made once brett and killer call time rather than disrupt it too much. So i'd imagine Killer will stay in the centres and if signing a 5/8, it'd be a young one rather than someone with only 3-4 years in them. Wouldn't be surprised to see Gutherson get a shot & Tom grabbing the wing spot until #1 opens up for him. Suddenly there seems to be no shortage of options!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6