Other Games [Week 1, finals, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Parra we’re always going to win. Penrith v Parra meets the nrl narrative “battle of the bogans(I mean west)”. What worries me now is the narrative now that Easts play Souths for a shot at the gf. We were marketed hard against Melb and let the nrl down. We’ll be punished for that next week!

Parra we’re always going to win. Penrith v Parra meets the nrl narrative “battle of the bogans(I mean west)”. What worries me now is the narrative now that Easts play Souths for a shot at the gf. We were marketed hard against Melb and let the nrl down. We’ll be punished for that next week!
Cummins ref he will surely get this game uncle Nick will make sure of it.

Yes the NRL would love that roosters vs south's PF but we have to just worry about our own game first..how we play and not let refs be a factor on Friday night.

Cummins ref he will surely get this game uncle Nick will make sure of it.

Yes the NRL would love that roosters vs south's PF but we have to just worry about our own game first..how we play and not let refs be a factor on Friday night.
Regardless of reffing, that puss head Robbo, or Nick the slimey mofo, we just need to win. Bloody work hard in the middle, then let Tom and co loose. This one is on Marty, Josh, Sean and Taniela! Aim the f$&@ up and dominate Easts!

Why would they “punish” us? We’ve used up our marketing value with the Storm rivalry narrative. Unless they plan on putting Eels and us into the GF there is no further marketing angle for us… though I could see them milking a rematch narrative with the Storm now that Panthers are out of the GF rematch possible scenario. We’ll get some lame battle of the premier fullbacks this week.

So Niukore didn't get charged for the shoulder charge to the head later in the game?

Here's what the NRL is saying about the Gutherson dropped ball:

With the NRL rules stating a drop kick is "whereby the ball is dropped from the hands (or hand) and is kicked immediately after it rebounds from the ground", a similar scenario involving Billy Slater in 2018 led to the NRL clarifying the ruling.
Then-NRL referees boss Bernard Sutton said "it’s important to note that a drop-kick can occur at any time during a match and does not have to be an attempt at a field goal".

So, what constitutes "immediately"? How many cms does the football have to bounce off the ground before it is ruled a dropped ball? Again, common sense has gone out of the sport. Everyone could see that he had no intention of a drop-kick.

With the NRL rules stating a drop kick is "whereby the ball is dropped from the hands (or hand) and is kicked immediately after it rebounds from the ground", a similar scenario involving Billy Slater in 2018 led to the NRL clarifying the ruling.
Then-NRL referees boss Bernard Sutton said "it’s important to note that a drop-kick can occur at any time during a match and does not have to be an attempt at a field goal".

So, what constitutes "immediately"? How many cms does the football have to bounce off the ground before it is ruled a dropped ball? Again, common sense has gone out of the sport. Everyone could see that he had no intention of a drop-kick.

It doesn't mention if you have to have control over the ball before 'dropping' it either.

I thought it'd be like cricket, when taking a catch. Need control before you can throw it away?

Because yes.. as long as you boot the ball 'soon' after dropping it... it shouldn't be called a knock on by the nrl "standards".

Yes but he got a fine same for Paulo.

Figure that one out .......
I think tha6t was for an earlier infringement he did a shoulder charge later in the game that wasn't reported because4 there was an infringement just before it and they went back for a penalty for the one the tackle earlier ... one in each half !

He had no intention of drop kick but he intended to kick it, so begrudgingly I'll let him have it.

But why is it then that if a player drops the ball ( initially with no intention to kick it) but manages to kick it just as it hits the ground it 's ruled a knock on?
There's nothing in the rule about intention to kick.

He had no intention of drop kick but he intended to kick it, so begrudgingly I'll let him have it.

But why is it then that if a player drops the ball ( initially with no intention to kick it) but manages to kick it just as it hits the ground it 's ruled a knock on?
There's nothing in the rule about intention to kick.
Agreed. The NRL seems to have consigned the word "intent" to the annals of history. Such as with a high tackle; there can be no intent but if you strike a player above the neck you still get charged. That's why Sam Verrills' defence of "accidental" contact on Kelly's snoz can't be upheld . . .
well, we'll see about that won't we?
'Consistency is overrated' is the new NRL slogan.

Senior Daily Telegraph journalist Paul Crawley has warned that the Parramatta Eels could be set for a turbulent summer if their finals dreams are ended by the Penrith Panthers.

The two sides meet on Saturday night in a sudden-death finals clash after Penrith were shocked by South Sydney.

But speaking on NRL360 on Fox League, Crawley said that wasn’t enough and warned of an intense fallout if the Eels didn’t make their way past the Panthers.
“Go back to the start of the year,” Crawley said. “Would the pass mark have been beating Newcastle in week one of the finals or advancing through week two?

“Prior to this year Brad Arthur had a record of six finals appearances with one win – over the Broncos in 2019.

“If they fall at this hurdle this weekend then I think it has the potential to blow up at the Eels in the off-season.”

Crawley went on to allude to the fact half the Eels squad was coming off contract next year.

There are a lot of different issues that need to be addressed. Brad Arthur’s relationship with (football manager) Mark O’Neill is one. Clint Gutherson’s contract going forward, they’ve got three back-rowers (Marata Niukore, Ryan Matterson and Isaiah Papali’i) who come off contract next season.

yadda yadda yadda

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4