Other Games [Week 1, finals, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

XV-1

First Grader
No way I reckon parker or Harper would of been able to handle that. Sounds just were able to constantly get numbers in cover defence.

It was effort on effort and players inside or outside making the additional effort to bring the attacking players down.

Take note Manly!!

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
It was effort on effort and players inside or outside making the additional effort to bring the attacking players down.

Take note Manly!!
One thing saying what to do and another having the ability to do it

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
That was great finals match. Well done South Sydney. If only we had a quality back up fullback like Taaffe! At this stage I don't see the Panthers having enough attack to win the comp.
Will be interesting to see how Taafe goes in a prelim final. We get through Easts I like our chances of another GF appearance

Jay Eagle

Reserve Grader
Souths played as a team tonight, they played for each other and did all the 1% plays with desperation and grit.

The last 10 minutes the Riff got into positions to score off virtually every set only for desperate Souths defence never saying die.

If you watch our game back in particular the tries you will see our players get beaten on the outside and theres no second effort to make up the ground and go again.

First try, Harper drops the ball and the storm players ( two in fact) rush to pick up the ball when SAAB was closer to the ball and there is ZERO desperation

Welchs try he come from the back fence, surely Marty, Jake and Turbo have clear vision of this yet Turbo is standing 2m inside the ingoal ( what hes doing there that far back at that play the ball I don't know because even if he makes a tackle the player is already in goal) and even when the attempted tackle by Jake / Marty is made Tommy is still in the ingoal. There needed to be EFFORT there from all three of those players to stop Welch, Tommy had to push up hard into the online defence

Pantyhoses try there is no communication, DCE come out of the line but Gauc is on his heels and "plodding" across providing an even bigger gap to get through, again no second effort to push up hard and get into the line

Pantyhoses second try again its Guac, just "jogging" across field because he thinks the play is going to the outside but Olam steps back inside pushes off Harper and theres a massive hole to run through, Guac then is close enough to attempt an anckles tackle but if he pushed across hard in the first place that try doesn't happen.

theres 4 BIG effort plays that were required from our boys and they didnt execute .. and ultimately they paid the price. Go watch the highlight ( Lowlights really) and see for yourself.

I didn't think the storm were that good, they were just a lot hungrier than us in ever aspect of the game.

Oldest motto in the game PLAY FOR EACH OTHER... attitude in defence is what wins matches... Souths showed that tonight

Last edited:

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Don’t worry @BOZO ours will be back next week.
I was really pumped up against the Storm .

I really liked out chances

But after seeing what I saw I was gutted

Absolutely gutted !!!

as I hate losing with a passion .

We did not just lose

We were totally outclassed by 40 points

Surely we beat the roosters who have Cordner , Friend , Keary , Manu , Morris , and Collins out

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18