Other Games [Round 9, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I get emotional, critical and as upset as the next Manly fan when we’re not winning premierships…. BUT, fancy following the farrrrking warriors. I was so excited for them with some of the recent additions like AFB, always liked them as a second team to follow and appreciated their sacrifice over COVID. But, boy, that game today just about pushed this relationship over the edge. Can’t stand SJ and I was gutted to hear he was returning. Today confirmed it. And get rid of Brown pls.

Warriors, what an absolute rabble. They had no idea, no patience, brown gotta go.

The guy who lives across the street from me is a Kiwi and a big Warriors fan. He was saying the same thing about Brown earlier this evening. He also reckons that half the team doesn't deserve their contracts.

He's right you know.....

Here will do:

The NRL is reportedly investigating an incident during Friday evening’s blockbuster clash in Penrith where a Parramatta Eels trainer ran in front of the goalposts as Panthers captain Nathan Cleary attempted a conversion kick.

The reigning premiers were leading by four points when winger Taylan May scored a try in the 53rd minute, but Cleary’s conversion kick from the sideline narrowly missed the goalposts.

However, replays showed Eels blue shirt trainer and assistant coach Steve Murphy sprinting away from the Parramatta team huddle and across the goalposts as Cleary attempted the kick.

So 2 weeks ago:

Olakau'atu gets sent off 4 minutes after making what looked like a fairly innocuous tackle on Tolman where there appeared to be no contact with the head & is suspended for 1 game;

Tupou gets penalised for coathangering Ravalawa, stays on the field & is suspended for 1 week.

This round:

Kennedy coathangers Walsh & is sent off, suspension TBA;

Ramien makes contact with the head in a very similar tackle to Olakau'atu's (but contact with the head is clearly visible) & is binned for 10 minutes, suspension TBA.

Can anyone see ANY consistency here?

So 2 weeks ago:

Olakau'atu gets sent off 4 minutes after making what looked like a fairly innocuous tackle on Tolman where there appeared to be no contact with the head & is suspended for 1 game;

Tupou gets penalised for coathangering Ravalawa, stays on the field & is suspended for 1 week.

This round:

Kennedy coathangers Walsh & is sent off, suspension TBA;

Ramien makes contact with the head in a very similar tackle to Olakau'atu's (but contact with the head is clearly visible) & is binned for 10 minutes, suspension TBA.

Can anyone see ANY consistency here?
I think The Bunker is the main culprit here. With Guacca the ref deemed it a legal tackle until The Bunker spent the next four minutes on a CSI investigation, and still came up with the wrong conclusion.
If the NRL would just ditch the Bunker as a failed experiment and return full power to the refs then there would be less cause for outrage. Refs will make mistakes in real time, but there is no excuse for the Bunker making mistakes, especially as it was sold to us as ensure decisions were always 100% correct.
Watch any rugby league match in Australia -- except the NRL -- and you'll see that they still function without the Bunker.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8