Other Games [Round 4, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
South's go lucky today
Any good attacking team with that much ball in the 20 would of scored way more points than the dogs.
Dogs attack had nothing today.
I also thought south's got given a lot of 50/50 calls in the first half

Initially thought the Broncos NRL pets at Suncorp would have the rub of the green tonight, but the Cows have been awful tonight. So many forced and unforced errors by the Cows...very frustrating to watch.

The one time I tip the cowboys they were shocking should know for future don't tip them in the rain

How corrupt is the NRL. Seriously bunker, Oates was seriously offside. No reviews. No replays….try.
Other Games, bunker analyses for 4min to take a try off a team.
There needs to be an investigation!
Oates was so far offside with the naked eye.

Coates was also in touch with the same naked eyes.

Clearly the bunker had one too many drinks if their eyes were that blurred.

How lazy also was Mitchell in the last dogs try he was jogging and never had a chance to get the opposition

He doesn't have to though.

Doesn't he just have to find a random opposition player to bump into then the bunker will rule obstruction?

(lol)

(double sigh)

Its all about the way they manage work loads of their middles.

Some stats from their round 2 clash with Parra highlight how their outside backs shoulder the burden on yardage sets to keep the middles fresh for the kick chase/defence.

4 of their outside backs combined for 786m from 78 runs and 0 LBs
Their 4 props combined for 407m from 41 runs 1 LB
I included linebreaks because it shows these aren't easy metres

Every team tries to do this but at Panthers it's a hard rule. Props don't touch the ball in their own half almost ever. This is why they have the best line speed in the comp and relentlessly suffocate teams with their defence.
That’s a really smart observation. It makes sense, given the outside backs do the least amount of defending. Particularly the wingers, who might make 2-3 tackles a game. Get the freshest players to make the yards, and the middle can stay healthy for the gruelling defence. Smart tactic.

I also think our own club are attempting something similar, however instead of one out yardage carries, we’re shifting the ball to the edges to make ground. Lots of work for the edge backrowers and centres, less for the middle.

The real bonus for Penrith is the quality of the carries from the back five.
Edwards - great stepper in traffic and can find front
Taruva and To’o - low centre of gravity, robust and find front
Tago and May - a mix of both styles with good footwork and strength

Just on Scott Drinkwater…

I’m perplexed by the media attention around this guy for the better part of three seasons now. There were even suggestions that he was going on a similar run to Turbo at one point?!

He has emphatically been the most inept defensive fullback in the game during his time in FG. Week in, week out, he is exposed with poor positional play and/or soft contact. It’s a constant feature of his game.

For every flick pass, cut out ball, or incisive run, there is a defensive lapse that costs his team. I haven’t even mentioned his handling errors…

Just on Scott Drinkwater…

I’m perplexed by the media attention around this guy for the better part of three seasons now. There were even suggestions that he was going on a similar run to Turbo at one point?!

He has emphatically been the most inept defensive fullback in the game during his time in FG. Week in, week out, he is exposed with poor positional play and/or soft contact. It’s a constant feature of his game.

For every flick pass, cut out ball, or incisive run, there is a defensive lapse that costs his team. I haven’t even mentioned his handling errors…
I'm glad you mentioned his handling errors, there can't be another more established fullback in the NRL who is so suss under the high ball, cost his team last night a number of times.

Titans really are spoon contenders - I did not see that one coming, I expect neither did Des!
Yeah, saw Des's assistant Monnas just scratch his head with non pluse expression. They had Fifi back as well, problem is, he's the sort of player who doesn't really rally the troops when adversity hits.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8