Other Games [Round 4, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I liked Ivans response to the obstruction b&w rule. At first he didn’t want anything to do with the bunker, but the journos kept at him, and finally he said whenever we‘ve brought in b&w rulings they have all failed. Everyone of them.
Said it in that thread bozo created about excuses. The refs across the board are plain awful and terribly inconsistent. That obstruction call on Easts was as bad as you will see b&w rule or otherwise. Video ref on tries needs to be more like the nfl in that if a try has been blown by the ref they need to 100% have the evidence to overturn it. If not it stays a try. I too often see 50/50 try calls overturned and it’s always obstruction calls. Easts try last night and manlys try v Parra, both blown as tries on field with everyone seeing that the player obstructed was not going to impact the play.

Robinson after the game using words like 'grips and tightnes' when referring to Penrith's superior tackling. This sums up our major issue in the ruck. No doubt Penrith's line speed is the best in the business, even without their star players, but also they all hit and stick and really dominate the tackle. Bellamy knew this as an assistant at Brisbane, and pretty much invented the wrestle. Premierships are now won by jiu-jitsu practitioners
It amazes me how much focus is on Penrith’s attack (which is simply structured and controlled), when their defence is the real reason for the dynasty.

^^Well the good news is last night it happened to the Goosters, so perhaps some reasonable action on the latest iteration of rugba league’s perennial ‘I can’t believe these c-nts are that stupid’ front will take place.

Nothing would change if it was merely Manly being dudded. Slickback and his Sarth Efrican poodle would simply sit on their hands.

But when it’s one of the main beneficiaries of the Superleague War fallout, standby for action.

Last edited:
It amazes me how much focus is on Penrith’s attack (which is simply structured and controlled), when their defence is the real reason for the dynasty.
This 100%, watched the game with my son last night and we both agreed their best attacking weapon is their defence week in week out, followed closely by their 80 min effort week in week out.

Especially last night, given their outs, playing away and playing a quality side, how many sides could seamlessly transition with the list of outs they had last night? Which also highlights their recruiting and retention, each year they’re getting picked apart and they just keep rolling out the quality and improving in the face of adversity, hard not to admire.

This 100%, watched the game with my son last night and we both agreed their best attacking weapon is their defence week in week out, followed closely by their 80 min effort week in week out.

Especially last night, given their outs, playing away and playing a quality side, how many sides could seamlessly transition with the list of outs they had last night? Which also highlights their recruiting and retention, each year they’re getting picked apart and they just keep rolling out the quality and improving in the face of adversity, hard not to admire.
Yeah it’s near impossible to get up the field against them and impossible to generate ruck speed for any sustained period. They suffocate you out of the contest. Then the run the ball off the back fence and tire you out. It’s so obvious that the fundamentals of rugby league keep winning them games. They tackle harder and run harder than the opposition week in week out and win games…it has very little to do with natural talent and everything to do with attitude and a faultless system.

^^Well the good news is last night it happened to the Goosters, so perhaps some reasonable action on the latest iteration on rugba league’s perennial ‘I can’t believe these c-nts are that stupid’ front will take place.

Nothing would change if it was merely Manly being dudded. Slickback and his Sarth Efrican poodle would simply sit on their hands.

But when it’s one of the main beneficiaries of the Superleague War fallout, standby for action.
Annesley’s already come out & said the bunker got it wrong 😂

They tackle harder and run harder than the opposition week in week out and win games…it has very little to do with natural talent and everything to do with attitude and a faultless system.
It’s truly amazing how the Panthers have continued to play at such a high level when you think about how many players they’ve lost, especially when many of those players would be described as “superstars” of the game.

The blokes they have replaced them with have been, at best, solid players or up and comers, but it just doesn’t seem to matter who they put out there. The team’s structures and habits are so good that players slot in and out with ridiculous ease.

It’s truly amazing how the Panthers have continued to play at such a high level when you think about how many players they’ve lost, especially when many of those players would be described as “superstars” of the game.

The blokes they have replaced them with have been, at best, solid players or up and comers, but it just doesn’t seem to matter who they put out there. The team’s structures and habits are so good that players slot in and out with ridiculous ease.
Its all about the way they manage work loads of their middles.

Some stats from their round 2 clash with Parra highlight how their outside backs shoulder the burden on yardage sets to keep the middles fresh for the kick chase/defence.

4 of their outside backs combined for 786m from 78 runs and 0 LBs
Their 4 props combined for 407m from 41 runs 1 LB
I included linebreaks because it shows these aren't easy metres

Every team tries to do this but at Panthers it's a hard rule. Props don't touch the ball in their own half almost ever. This is why they have the best line speed in the comp and relentlessly suffocate teams with their defence.

There was no need for Mitchell to be involved, taffe had already completed the tackle, but the grubbiness comes out of Mitchell once again
How lazy also was Mitchell in the last dogs try he was jogging and never had a chance to get the opposition

Horrible winger defence from Tracey there. Underestimated his opponents speed and gave him unnecessary space on the outside.

How the hell did Preston pass a HIA test?..

Especially after confirming a hairline fracture of his jaw this morning.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8