Other Games [Round 3, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Everyone writing Des off... Come on, it's round 3. Are we all forgetting 2021, where Des had us 0-4, and went on to go to the prelim? Absolutely early days for Des and the Titans. What, should we have sacked him in 2004 because he missed the finals? He might be trying to rebuild the Titans from the ground up. There's no superstars there or much platform to build upon aside from two forwards. We copped some of our biggest losses ever in our rebuilding period in 2004, 2005 and 2006. They didn't sack him then, and it paid off.

Additionally, I can't remember him going well in the opening to seasons since maybe 2012 at the Dogs, but after all, it's what you produce in the middle and at the end of the year that matters. Who cares at all about a bloody pre-season challenge or who's on top of the table mid-way through the year. South's did last year, they were first, and have gone nowhere since.

You can't reasonably expect any coach to do much after what happened in the pride jersey saga. I think Des leaving was probably the right call, in the sense that to rebuild the club's culture and close the divides, everything would have to change about the environment. New centre of excellence, new coach, new CEO, new logo, new culture (that tied back to the winners of old), it was part of the process of repairing a team that clearly had a lot wrong with it after the pride jersey. They wouldn't have done all of these things if the pride jersey was just some overblown media thing that had no effect on the team, club and culture. It clearly wasn't something just wrong with the coach. Things were in genuine deep poop, and even Turbo admitted that the stories about him and Jake wanting to leave were actually true. That's not a club where you can expect the coach to win.

Even from supporters of other teams, before the pride jersey we were Top 8 certainties, even with millions on the sidelines from injuries. That presented itself in statistical models, projections, and the views of actually competent analytical journalists around that time. You cannot possibly think Des is washed or gone, for losing 7 in a row in a clearly horrific environment that literally required an entire refresh or the club, after appearing to be a top-8 side prior, and for losing the first 2 in a row, as is normal for Des, without a first choice spine and with an inherited top-heavy roster.

These are some of the biggest overreactions I've ever seen. What will speak as to whether he's washed or not is what happens by September. We could just as well go to lose every single game from here on out as the Titans could win the premiership.
That's pretty anal Des.

Bulldogs: bought not bred. How is it possible for a club to buy so many top class players in such a short time frame. None of them are rookies. Many are stars in their own right. Only Taaffe would be considered inexperienced and even he had played over 30 first grade games for Souths before he joined the Bulldogs.

Taaffe
Addo-Carr
Tracey
Creighton
Burton
Hutchison
Kikau
Mahoney
Knight
Mann
Salmon
Curran
Sexton
Sutton

Bulldogs: bought not bred. How is it possible for a club to buy so many top class players in such a short time frame. None of them are rookies. Many are stars in their own right. Only Taaffe would be considered inexperienced and even he had played over 30 first grade games for Souths before he joined the Bulldogs.

Taaffe
Addo-Carr
Tracey
Creighton
Burton
Hutchison
Kikau
Mahoney
Knight
Mann
Salmon
Curran
Sexton
Sutton

And still suck

Taaffe
Addo-Carr
Tracey
Creighton
Burton
Hutchison
Kikau
Mahoney
Knight
Mann
Salmon
Curran
Sexton
Sutton
Because on a whole their squad is rubbish

Des has got a very crap squad to work with so judging him on this year's efforts is very harsh, but I do think his master coach days are over
I disagree.....to an extent.

Tino, and Fifita are superstars. Brimson, Fotuaika, Sami are QLD Origin reps and Fermor not fair off that mark. Foran has done it all. Then you have your Campbells and Kellys etc.

Sure it is obviously not top teir but on paper in matches up with the Dogs IMO

Everyone writing Des off... Come on, it's round 3. Are we all forgetting 2021, where Des had us 0-4, and went on to go to the prelim?

Its not like the Titans have a Turbo-like talent ready to come back from injury and win the Dally M in 15 games. They have Jayden Campbell and David Fifita to come back.

They might have Des and Foz like we did in 2021 ... but that's where the similarities end.

OMG! How embarrassing was that defence. Bad enough Townsend dragged 2 or 3 players over the line, but see Sloan just standing there watching... what a show pony.

OMG! How embarrassing was that defence. Bad enough Townsend dragged 2 or 3 players over the line, but see Sloan just standing there watching... what a show pony.

A fullback is supposed to be the last line of defence ... not the last line, maybe.

Snake was the best defensive fullback I've seen. And none had more courage than Ridgey. He was fearless with his tackles which is a feather in his cap for a rugby convert.

I swear Scott Drinkwater should be the NSW five-eight for Origin. We put fullbacks in every other position, we may as well have one in the halves.

Des coaching seemed off the pace at Manly and again looks similar early days at Titans
The thing I see more than an ordinary team, is the players don't seem to be playing with intent and lack desire....this is not ability, more motivation and confidence in what they are doing and comes back to the Titans coaching staff across the board.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8